“adequate”

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 9 January 2014

no real issues. Pleasant enough. Waterfront name a misnomer. All amenities adequate. No time spent in casino so can't comment on that. Found all staff pleasant and helpful. Agree - rooms a little dated but then again, this is not downtown USA. Buffet at Uno was well-prepared and was even vegan-friendly.

Room Tip: higher up facing the city
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was in Cebu for a large event so I stayed four nights here and then spent the weekend at the Shangri La. The property itself is great. The room was like an apartment (not sure what category but they did tell me I was upgraded. Very tasteful furniture and no mold or anything like some of the reviews have stated. The room was fresh, clean. The size of the hotel does mean that room service (and any service for that matter) can take an eternity. It took me over an hour for a meal, 30 mins for housekeeping. The breakfast was good and the convention facilities impressive. The Internet was terrible! If you want to go gambling the casino is pretty decent.

It's well located for events etc but if you are on Holiday - the Shangri La at the other end where I spent the weekend is a better bet,

One last thing, don't let the name fool you - it's miles away from any hospitable beach!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hotel is ok, exactly as You would expect, the bathroom is nice, there is just enough space. The TV in my room rembembered the 90s and the design could be better. The service was good, didn't use the casino or the restaurant. Location is ok, but You will need a cab to go around Cebu anyway. It is a bit pricey over 100 USD for just about basic utilities is too much.

Room Tip: If You can afford it, upgrade the room, basic rooms are, well, basic.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This time we only stayed one night upon arrival in Cebu before heading to the province the next day, so we didn't really utilise all that the hotel has to offer and can only comment on the room.

When we checked in they were quick to attend and get our bags, and the lobby is big and spacious with lovely piano music playing on the floor above. They seemed to forget our bags though and after about half an hour we had to call up and it took them 10 further minutes to find them. The bed was good and room comfortable, but starting to feel a bit dated. There are many dining options, but we were only there for breakfast, which had a great selection and fantastic service.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The hotel is beautiful but while I was there for 2 weeks several small items and money was stolen out of my room while I was out. I had headphones, expensive sunglasses and USD taken while I was out. I didnt realize what was going on until my sunglasses came up missing the next morning. As it turned out I caught a staff member coming out of my room around 2:30pm and when I asked him what he was doing he said just inspecting the room. Later I came to realize that your rooms are not safe to leave small items and that they are searching in the drawers and closets in the deepest hidden areas.

We went to Christmas dinner and it had a few more things than normal most recognizably Turkey. The normal rate had been 650 peso per person. When we got the bill it was 5900 peso for 4 people. I was completely in shock, not only did they almost double the price without notifying us but added 30% surcharges and taxes to the bill! I cannot believe they charge a 10% service fee for a buffet where you have to get your own food and some unexplained food tax when there is no tax on food purchases in this country at the grocery stores! Normal tipping rates in the Philippines are less than 5% for full service.

Most of the food in the buffet was good but they seemed to hold back on giving you the quantity you may have wanted especially with the turkey and the dessert area constantly running out of christmas cookies and treats.

A girl at the front desk was rude when I had brought a guest in that evening even though I had registered and extra guest when I booked the hotel and gave me a nasty look everytime I saw her for the remainder of my stay.

This place is beautiful and the gym and pool area is very nice but seriously lacking in personal service to the point where it's almost a trap where they get you in there limit you, control you, bill you and fail to assist you where other hotels typically do.

I have found better service in high end hotels on the beach in Mactan Island. Take the name for example....Waterfront Hotel.... There is not waterfront there at all! unless they are calling the pool the waterfront? The service and customer care is just as decieving and you feel unappreciated after staying there.

Dont waste your money there if you are expected to be treated with great care.

Room Tip: no waterfront rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Hotel looked nice from outside, common areas were also nice. Room smelled like mold and pool was EXTREAMLY dirty. Staff was no so nice and rude when asked about the dirty pool. The breakfast was very nice with many options.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We requested for a top-floor, not facing the street room, and we got it. No hassle upon check-in and check-out.

If you're a fitness enthusiast, you'll definitely love their gym located inside the hotel. They also have a sauna and pool in the hotel.

Rooms are spacious. I love their buffet breakfast the most. Great value for money.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast early to avoid the crowd
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family