“BIG hotel”

Ranked #12 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Singapore, Singapore
“BIG hotel”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

was in Cebu recently and stayed in Waterfront Laghu (there are 2 waterfront hotels here).
This hotel is big but as soon as you step into the lobby, it feels "cold" and empty as there's so much space in the lobby which is not something I really like.
Front office staff are always smiling despite being busy and fairly efficient as I was checked in within 15mins upon arrival.
The breakfast buffet showcases a wide variety of food but I'm not a big fan of the coffee as it taste really bland.
I feel the food (especially hot food) can be improved as the food tend to taste soggy and wet probably due to the warmers that they place in.
Amenities in the room definitely needs upgrading as my sink seems a little choked up and my pillows are super soft (well seasoned) and it goes FLAT as soon as I lie on it.
And I'm not a FAT person
Good thing is that if you are bored, you can always pop by the casino on the 2nd level to try your luck and they are open 24-7.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AdrianTay
WaterfrontCebu, Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
June 24, 2014

AdrianTay
Singapore, Singapore

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, we wish to thank you for recognizing and sharing your positive feedback on our staff and services. This helps affirm our commitment to deliver quality service and to continuously exceed guests' expectations.

We also would like to thank you for your comments regarding our guest room amenities and food service. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome because customer feedback helps us improve our products and services.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future and thank you for staying with us!

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel had renovations since we were there a few years back. The lobby now looks modern and fresh. We stayed in a junior suite at a quiet portion of the hotel. The area before the suites has not yet been renovated but the suite itself was nice, modern and spacious. We had buffet breakfast every morning and the food served, especially the angus beef tapa, was really good. The hotel personnel were efficient and even went as far as placing our name on our 7d mango box when we only asked if we could borrow a pentel pen.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
June 24, 2014

Mylene E
Manila, Philippines

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, we wish to thank you for commending our staff and services. Valued guests like you, who recognize and share positive feedback, help affirm our commitment to deliver quality service and to continuously surpass guests' expectations.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future Ms. Mylene!

Thank you for staying with us!

New Jersey
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Service was good in some ways but disappointing in some. Staff were always smiling but some of our requests were not attended to. May have to try a different hotel next time. 3 stars out of 5 overall in my opinion.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
WaterfrontCebu, Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
June 17, 2014

Jeanxoxo
New Jersey

Dear Ms.:

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, we wish to thank you for sharing your positive comments with us regarding our staff and services.

Serving customers like you is a reward in itself. Receiving positive feedback from valued guests reaffirms our commitment to continuously exceed guests' expectations.

On the other hand, we also wish to apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you during your recent stay at the hotel. Rest assured that this does not reflect the true standards that we continually strive to maintain.

Thank you once again and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Have stayed at the waterfront several times in 2006, 2009 and now 2014, each time I have seen the hotel deteriate. This last time I wrote notes letting the hotel know I was a returning customer, and was looking forward to a pleasant stay. They booked my rooms but never replied back to my E Mails. A late E-mail asking about airport transportation was answered 2 days after they received it. By that time we had mad other arrangement. Granted all the rooms we booked were standard rooms. A two night stay when we arrived in Cebu, then I booked 2 other rooms for a collage reunion for my wife. The first room was substandard dirt worn; they promptly up graded me to a superior room, really not much better. I asked if the received my booking notes they replied OH yes, I see you will be staying again later this month. Never did anyone say Welcome Back. Ok, second stay, again no Welcome back, rooms worn, security just waving cars threw, no cab tickets, just slackers all the way around, will say breakfast was good, but you would think the waiters would bring coffee to the table, this was hit and miss. Ok so I am checking out, Not once did they ask how was y stay, but after they hand me my receipt they hand me a second piece of paper and say please give this to security on the way out, WOW a final insult!! The hotel is worn the pool area is so bad you have to wear flip flops to walk around it, I used the men’s room at the pool had to hold the door closed then had the paper dispenser fall off the wall and cut my finger, Yes Loved this Hotel, NOT, I left a review they have not even tried to resolve my complaints, best of luck to anyone staying in this flop house.

Room Tip: better of at a lower cost hotel unless you want the casino
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Shangri La Hotels

June 17, 2014

Amalouin
Florida

Dear Mr./Ms.:

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding our hotel and services.

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. We apologize for the inefficiency of our services and staff.

We will make sure that appropriate actions will be taken to improve our e-mailing system as well as the quality of our service to continually ensure your satisfaction and comfort and to avoid any future inconveniences. Rest assured that this does not reflect the true standards that we continually strive to maintain. Because we firmly believe that we can greatly improve our service through our guests’ feedback, we appreciate your bringing these matters to our attention.

We sincerely hope that this incident will not deter you from coming back and allowing us to serve you in the near future.

North Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I booked directly on the hotels website and used a 20% off 14 day advance special offer for a good rate on a "deluxe premium room". The room was on the 6 or 7th floor, was smoking as requested. The view was to the east, partial rooftop view of their vents but at night the cathedral and other buildings on the hills behind were lit up and very pretty. The room was nicely updated and looked just as pictured on the hotel website. Very nice bathroom with large shower w/rainhead fixture, very good pressure, lots of hot water. All clean. Upgraded bedding and the bed was the most amazing nights sleep ever in a hotel!
I had no problems with fast check in and check out. Used the well equipped gym one morning. Restaurant Uno for complimentary breakfast was excellent! Omelet station, freshly made waffles or pancakes, lots of muffins, danish toast and fresh bread along with many local dishes, fried fish, and fresh fruit and juices.
We had good service in the lobby bar, did not use the casino but dutyfree shop also had smiling and capable staff. All in all an excellent stay, would go back again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: pay extra for premium deluxe
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cbtx
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Room was spacious and cool enough but a bit pricey for one person. Breakfast buffet is satisfying; they have a wide selection of food for breakfast. I haven't tried the food in their restaurant aside from the breakfast since I was out for business meetings the whole day. Service is good; staff are nice, helpful and friendly. Place is also secure with the dogs snipping the bags at the entrance. it is also a bit far from the center of the city but is very near to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank zenizen111
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 May 2014

one of the worst rooms I had since a long time. no safe.. window just above the cooling towers. greasy oil and kitchen smell, filthy and dirty

Lobby is nice

restaurant local flair nothing exciting... stay save :) all poor looking food

have seen other rooms of colleagues they are nicer, but I could not upgrade as the Hotel was full

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business