“Very convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Paris, France
“Very convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Waterfront Hotel in Cebu is very convenient for travelers with early flight or late flight. It's located just 5 minutes walk from the arrival terminal. Friendly staff, nice clean rooms and quiet. You don't even hear the planes take off or landing.
When I left the hotel, the staff saw I had many luggage ; they decided to drive me to the departure terminal for free. I didn't want to but they said it would be more easy for me. Very nice of them because I had 40 kilos to carry (diving equipment).
I didn't try the breakfast cause I left around 5 AM.
I would definitely choose this hotel again if I have to stop in Cebu.
On the way back, I had to stop for few hours in Cebu to catch another flight. I've been to the Casino inside the hotel. Funny to try !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaterfrontCebu, General Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
August 26, 2014

glossodoris94
Paris, France

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to thank you for commending the convenient location; friendly staff; nice, clean and quiet rooms of Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino – Mactan.

Valued guests like you, who recognize and share positive feedback, help affirm our commitment to deliver quality service and to continuously exceed guests’ expectations.

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future!

PHILIPPE F. FRUGÈRE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I wanted to book this hotel through Agoda, but then I found out that the corporate rate included daily buffet breakfast,for the same price, so I booked that. And then when we checked in, I saw a flyer in our room advertising a promotional rate that included a free buffet lunch or dinner, in addition to the daily breakfast. The front desk refused to match that offer; they said we should have booked directly with them. Sheesh!
Checki-in was speedy, and from reading past reviews, I remembered to ask for a newly renovated room with a view. Good sleep quality; standard room amenities. I was glad I brought my own toiletries. The pool and gym were quite nice. I never felt the need to even enter the casino. There's a Victoria's Secret store in the lobby with prices that are CHEAPER than the Manila and domestic airport outlets. Buffet breakfast at Uno cafe was extensive and satisfying. The hotel is centrally located. There is a drugstore and convenience store across the street. There is also a small lechon place in the street market nearby that serves lechon belly that's probably yummier than what you can get at Zubuchon or CNT. Even the hotel staff eat there. We ordered 7kilos to take home on our last day in Cebu, and they boxed it nicely for us.
There are lots of taxis coming to the hotel, and you won't wait long for one, but be careful about their rates. We wanted to go to Anzani restaurant for dinner, and this taxi driver was charging P200 flat rate. We refused, and the taxi we eventually chose used their meter, and we ended up paying P71.
Checkout was a bit of a hassle, since it is a big and busy hotel. So I suggest you check out either early or late. The concierge couldn't find our stowed luggage at first, but they did find it about an hour later. Traffic was bad going to the airport; be aware of the time.
I would stay at this place again, but I would certainly double and triple-check their rates.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jinky L
WaterfrontCebu, General Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

Jinky L
Manila

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to thank you for commending our speedy Check-in services, good sleep quality, pool, gym and the buffet breakfast at UNO.

On the other hand, I also would like to apologize for the confusion that our promotion details/specifications have brought you, the delay of your Check-out as well as the delay of retrieving your stored luggage.

In line with these, we already have informed all concerned departments to avoid these incidents from happening again and to assure you that these incidents do not reflect the true standards that we continuously strive for.

I sincerely hope that these will not deter you from coming back and allowing us to serve you in the near future.

Tacloban, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I, as well as my Nephew and his wife and baby booked there a few weeks ago. We made a mistake (I guess) and booked through Expedia... We booked 2 rooms and paid in advance. However, when we arrived we found that only 1 room had been booked... The guy on the front desk was, to say the least, unhelpful and showed very little interest in checking anything out for us. My thinking was that since we paid they (the hotel) should have had a record of it..anyway, we ended up paying again as I was not in the mood to make to much of an issue since this was intended as a treat for my family.
Later, I met with Alistair, I think he was the food and beverage manager there... real nice and helpful guy. He promised to talk to the front desk staff and I was happy with that. In comparison with the airport hotel, I found the Buffet to be disappointing in comparison.. Also I think the rooms could be updated even just a little.
We have stayed several times in the Airport Waterfront and have been satisfied each time.
One more thing I would like to mention. The person who made our stay the most enjoyable was probably one of the most helpful people I have met. A very nice young lady by the name of Jae Jean. Polite, articulate and very helpful. This is the kind of person you need running the front desk staff... even if just to set an example....
Please note that we live in the Philippines and visit Cebu a lot as we have family and friends there. I would really have to think carefully about booking the waterfront City again as I am not sure I would go again....
Don't want this to sound totally negative but I just say it as I see it...
Mr & Mrs G Woods

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Graeme W

Graeme W
Tacloban, Philippines

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to express my deepest gratitude for commending two of our peers, Mr. Alastair Granger, our Food & Beverage Director and Ms. Jae Jean from Lobby Lounge.

On the other hand, I also wish to apologize for the unhelpful act that one of our Front Desk personnel has showed you and for disappointing you with our buffet at UNO.

In line with these, we already have informed the Front Desk Department as well as the Food & Beverage Department to avoid all of these incidents from happening again and to assure you that these do not reflect the true standards that we continuously strive for.

Thank you for staying with us! Have a great day!

Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel was beautiful both on the outside and the inside. The food in the italian restaurant, and the international buffet was amazing. Check-in and check-out took some time, so that was annoying.

The A/C in the rooms were stuck on one temperature, it was 16 degrees all the time, and we could not turn it up. So it was really cold! Also the toilet got clogged a couple of times.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a functioning A/C, and that you can adjust the temperature.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Heidi
Bergen, Norway

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to express my deepest gratitude for commending the interior and exterior structure of the hotel. I also wish to thank you for your positive feedback on La Gondola, our Italian restaurant, and our international buffet at UNO.

On the other hand, I also wish to apologize for the timely check-in and check-out service that you experienced. Rest assured that this incident does not reflect the true standards that we continuously strive for.

Regarding your concern on our air condition unit and clogged toilet, we have already endorsed these problems to the concerned department.

We sincerely hope that this unpleasant incident will not deter you from coming back and allowing us to serve you in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed in this hotel, the room are clean and spacious though the bed is a bit small. Staff in front office are friendly and accommodating especially Terence who take care our luggage but there's one staff from housekeeping named adriana, I called her asking for universal adaptor and guest what she had reply to me "wala po kami sir, tawag ka nalang sa FO tanong nyo sir kung meron". Everything's is perfect only one person ruined my day. I hope hotel will provide universal adaptor to their guest.

Stayed August 2014
WaterfrontCebu, General Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
August 4, 2014

Derek R

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to express my deepest gratitude for commending our clean and spacious rooms as well as our staff from the Front Office Department, especially Terence who took care of your luggage.

On the other hand, I also wish to apologize for the reply of one of our housekeeping staff who was unable to provide you with a universal adaptor. Rest assured that this incident does not reflect the true standards that we continuously strive for.

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Strange hotel that appears a five star at first glance. However once in the standard, room two star standards are evident. The main restaurant is average at best. The Chinese restaurant is a different beast. Great service and top class, authentic Chinese food served by trained professionals.

Room Tip: Spend the extra for a deluxe room looking over the mountains
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
August 4, 2014

Vincent G
Manila, Philippines

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to apologize for disappointing you with the quality of our Standard Rooms as well as our food at UNO.

Your valuable observations and comments regarding our Standard Rooms and our main restaurant have encouraged us to take extra measures to improve our facilities and services so we can delight you on your next visit.

We sincerely hope that this incident will not deter you from coming back and allowing us to serve you in the near future.

We hope this merits your kind understanding.

Thank you for staying with us! Have a great day!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is my second stay in this hotel. First during the Cebu Marathon 2014 in January and recently for an ultra marathon over the weekend of 25 - 27 Jul 2014. The stay was fantastic and I really like the good service the staff have provided during my stay. The staff at the breakfast restaurant were all very friendly and were eager to attend to my needs. I would like to make a special commendation for Girly, who is works in the reception counter. While checking out, I would say that she was facing a tough customer but she was very professional and smile throughout the conversation. I remembered her well because she has a very special name but more so, she really represent the good hospitality of this hotel.

I didn't visit the casino and the reason I choose this hotel was because it was very convenient to the race starting / ending points.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WaterfrontCebu, General Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
August 1, 2014

JasonChuang
Singapore, Singapore

Warm greetings from Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino!

On behalf of the Management and staff of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino, I wish to thank you for commending the professionalism of Girly, one of our peers, for a job well done. We also wish to express thanks for your positive feedback regarding our services, staff and hospitality.

Valued guests like you, who recognize and share positive feedback, help affirm our commitment to deliver quality service and to continuously exceed guests' expectations.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thank you for staying with us! Have a great day ahead!