“It was alright!”

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 10 October 2006

We stayed at the waterfont hotel because it was highly recommended by a family member. It was a 25 minutes ride from the airport. I must admit, the lobby was huge and empressive, with marble floors, high ceilings and the staff were helpful. The free internet access in the lobby was also nice. We arrive in the hotel around 9:00 AM and check in time was I think 12:00 PM. As soon as the agent in the lobby realized that I was traveling with my wife and toddler, she helped us get us a room by 10:30 AM, which was very helpful. In the meantime, we went to the breakfast buffet and to my surprised, was an amazing experienced. The food were awesome and delicious. Besides the traditional friedrice, garlice rice, susage, pancit, eggs, chicken, and much much more, they also had cereal and fresh fruit nicely decorated in another table. The setting of the restaurant was very modern and appealing which made more pleasant to eat. We must have stayed almost an hour figuring what food to eat. The best part of this breakfast is that is free!!!

The room however was alright, we got 2 twin beds in our room. The room could have been a little bit bigger. We felt it was very narrow. We had to call someone to fixed the AC unit because it was not cold enough inside. We paid $100.00 plus tax. The carpet and furniture were old but clean. I guess we were hoping to be impressed like the lobby downstair.

My opinion, the Lobby and Breakfast Buffet are definitely a 5 stars. The pool and Gym were 4-5 stars. The location is great cause your close to the Malls. The room, a 3 star. And again, maybe they had other better rooms which we luck out. I probaby would stay here again if not try the Marco Polo Hotel which is 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank clementini
Write a ReviewReviews (2,514)

Reviewed 1 August 2006

I first stayed here in 2001 and again in 2006. It seems to be more targeting domestic travellers and the Korean market these days. The staff told me they are about to do a significant renovation - probably true since the Cebu Plaza reopened and is now formidable competiton. Furnishings and plumbing are showing their age now. At breakfast there's lots of asian men with their KTV companion in tow. If you're in Cebu to [--------], you'll fit right in. If you're travelling with your family you might want to try a different place.

Best features of the hotel, in my opinion: friendly staff, thorough security checks, the food at breakfast, good location. Low points(other than the above) - the casino is the poorest maintained casino I have visited in the PI. Several machines not working. Lobby lounge staff are poorly trained - I dont think it's a racial bias as someone else suggested. Prices just went up significantly.

Try the Marriott instead - much better value for money now in comparison and a more business-oriented hotel.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled solo
1  Thank westonrhyn
Reviewed 20 July 2006

Though this hotel does not have a beach, it is truly first class. I stay on the Ambassador Floor (the 18th floor), and the service is outstanding! If you shop the rate, you can stay on the Ambassador floor for the same price as below, but you get a butler service, use of tyhe business center on the top floor, and a buffett breakfast. I have stayed here 4 times, and still speak to the same people who know me know, and thet always help me puot with the best rate and perks. The room is very comfortable and feels "first class". For a downtown hotel, this is a must stay hotel. Stay at the Ambassador floor! Call the main line, ask for the Ambassasdor floor, and work a deal. You'll be surprised at the rates. Not to mention, the restaurants and the casino. There is always something to do at the Waterfront. The big tip is to ask for the Ambassador floor. It's worth the price....!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BayAreaMike
New York
Reviewed 15 June 2006

This is a good hotel to stay. Rates are reasonable and service is above average. What a big difference from the last time I stayed here! They have opened two new restaurants (Uno and Mizu) ! I enjoyed eating in Uno, service is great!
I learned from the staff that the hotel is renovating their rooms soon! I can't wait to come back.

I have to commend the Front Desk people who inspite of the heavy check-ins, managed to keep their cool. A lady manager helped me with my airline booking. The staff are helpful and friendly. I expreinced Asian hospitality in this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ny.ny
Reviewed 19 May 2006

i stayed in this hotel, very expensive and the amnities is not that great,customer service is not that good either! I fell like everyone there is trying to ripp you off, will never stay in that hotel again,they even let you pay 200.00php/daily for the used of the gym!why is that? i never seen a hotel like that,it should be part of what you paying for! 5000.00PHP/day is not worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
UK
Reviewed 18 May 2006

My partner and I stayed here for 8 nights whilst visiting a friend in Cebu. We found this hotel to be absolutely fine. The room was clean and cleaned daily. Room service was prompt and polite. The only flaw we encountered was when we used the hotel laundry and they sent several items to the wrong room but we got them back with less than average hassle. The other reviewers have stayed here since so it may have gone downhill since Nov 05 but I just thought I'd write a positive review as we encounted none of the listed problems!

• Stayed: November 2005
Reviewed 8 March 2006

Waterfront Hotel in Cebu is overrated. The nice things about this hotel are the casino, lobby, good restaurant selections, and most of the staff. But they should really focus on maintaining the rooms. The rooms were very disappointing. We had to switch rooms twice because the first room has stains in the bathroom (major stains). We were transferred to a room that has less stains. We figured all the rooms would look like that. It is just not well-maintained. The headboard is made out of wood and cloth, which was not a good idea because it showed stains on the cloth. The soapdish in my sister's bathroom has stains of cigarette burns -- really unpleasant. And when she asked to be transferred, she was told that she had to speak to the duty manager, whom couldn't be located for days. I would consider staying somewhere else next time.

8  Thank victoria g