“A hotel with character & charm”

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Ranked #12 of 90 Hotels in Cebu City
London, United Kingdom
“A hotel with character & charm”
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Staff were all friendly & helpful. A great choice of restaurants although a bit pricey. The breakfast buffet is excellent. It caters for all nationality's. You never have to wait more than a couple of minutes for a taxi & the shuttle service into the main Shopping Malls was always on time. I cannot fault this charming & relaxing hotel and i am going back in March 2011. If you get Irish as your room attendant you will not be disappointed. I highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barrowboy1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2010

This was my first visit to Cebu and I wanted to be near the Asia IT Park. After I had booked the hotel I read many bad reviews and was even thinking about changing hotels.

But I could not really fault the hotel. There's a relatively nice lobby where I was able to setup quick meetings before heading to the IT Park. My room was on the 15th floor and although it was basic, it was clean as far as I could see. The only complaint I could think of is the price. When everything around you costs peanuts, how can a hotel room be well over $100 per night? And for such a basic room that is actually quite expensive. Also breakfast was not great but sufficient.

Overall I was happy. Next time I will try another hotel just so I can compare.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank affiliatelife
danao city
Reviewed 29 November 2010

this is a pefect hotel for a night stay. me and my friends trully enjoyed the single room we took.with all customer's satisfcation provided to us,we can definitely say that we had the best night ever in this luxurious hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank lips1111
Redmond,WA
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Cebu.... yuck. Overwhelming squalor and poverty everywhere you look. But if you must visit, and if you for some reason choose not to stay at an ocean front hotel, maybe this is a reasonably good choice - but note that name notwithstanding, it is nowhere near the waterfront, and the other reviewer who said 'wow' about the view might be reviewing the wrong hotel by mistake - there is also a Waterfront Cebu hotel truly on the water. The views from this hotel were average/ugly/depressing.

Hotel staff were lackadaisical and waits at the front desk varied from short to glacial in duration.

I was in their best category room on the top/sixth floor of one wing, then was subsequently moved to their best category room on the top/18th floor of the other wing. The sixth floor room was better, but the a/c didn't work worth a damn. On the other hand, the a/c in the other room would either be on or off - the thermostat made no difference - I had it turned up way over 80F and it was still cold in the room.

Rooms were okay as long as you didn't look too closely for signs of decay and poor workmanship. Reasonably spacious. Free fast internet.

The included breakfast buffet was semi-excellent. I say this due to much of the supposedly hot food being actually cold (eg baked beans and hash browns). But the selection of items was extraordinary, and the fresh pineapple and watermelon juice superb.

One plus is the proximity of the hotel to the Ayala Mall - this seems to be about the only place in all of Cebu to find a range of semi-acceptable restaurants (I liked Canvass the most, and forget the faux Greek place). But don't walk - it is an awful ugly walk. Take a taxi, it will only cost about P50 each way (including tip) - ie about US$1.

All in all, an acceptable stay and I'd return there if my plans regrettably required me to go back to Cebu again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TheTravelInsider
Pakuranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 October 2010

My Wife and myself loved our stay here, the Staff are the best, the service excellent and our room perfect. We loved the Lobby area and listening to the wonderful singing in their at night and the security staff amazing! Food great & wide selection of eating options. Top marks UNO.... missing that place already!

Will back in the future for another stay and we both cannot wait! Loved staying there! The Lobby Bar staff are wonderful and fussed over us being on Honeymoon. Alessio and his teams of Chefs...first class meals!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank the2ndhasapulse
doha
Reviewed 19 October 2010

When you enter the hotel,immediately we were bothered by an unpleasant odor that permeated the entire lobby and more so in the the room where we stayed.. The room carpet was a bit sticky, small cockroaches were found in the room near the television set. Was bitten by small insects that left marks on my thighs and arms. Breakfast was ok but same food variety/ selection for the period of our stay.

I dont recommend this hotel until such time it is renovated and cleaned properly for guests.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rvgg
Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 October 2010

The outlook of the hotel is "WOW", however, the services were the worst we have experiened in our life. As soon as we walk in to the hotel, no staff came to great us, we carried our luggages by ourselves, 4 people were crowned in the bell desk and they were too busy looking up on "FACEBOOK", check in process was taken too long with no smile. Overview, this hotel services did not meet the stardard of 4 stars and definitely can not exceed my expectation.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Mandarin Plaza Hotel
Mandarin Plaza Hotel
#13 of 90 in Cebu City
Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino

Been to Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!