“Enjoyed my stay”

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I could not fault this hotel. The room was 100% clean and the general servioce throughout the hotel was excellent. I was greeted by beautiful smiles from all staff whether they be on the doors, behind a reception desk or even cleaning the floors in the lobby. Whenever I required assistance it was provided professionally and in a most pleasant and efficient manner. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Doggie67

Reviewed 6 January 2011

had to cancel trip. but they booked me twice. so they cancelled one reservation but not the other. so guess what? they charged me full amount for not showing. When I asked for refund they said ok, but it will take up to 60 days. Shady business practice. Suggest you stay elsewhere. Reporting to credit card company now.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ed200815
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stay here every year (for the past 7 years). The noticeable changes are that there simply hasn't been many changes. Unfortunately, this is the problem. Some rooms were recently renovated which is most welcome but on the whole, this hotel is showing it's age. Here's the pros: The Waterfront is a landmark in Cebu and at night is beautifully lit up. The room rates are very inexpensive, we stayed in an executive suite that was bigger than some apartments we have lived in for well under $200 a night. Breakfast buffet, wifi, excellent pool, and state of the art gym are included in the rate which makes this hotel extremely good value for money. The lobby is probably the most impressive aspect about this hotel and we have enjoyed many evenings relaxing here with drinks and snacks. There is always excellent live lobby music playing from the mezzanine floor and it's a great place to meet up. The cons: the breakfast, while extensive, seems average. Maybe it's because we have stayed here so many times but I just find that other hotels in Cebu, such as Marriott and even more so, Marco Polo, have a much higher quality breakfast buffet. The buffet at a hotel is a high priority for us. The buffet at Waterfront needs attention. The food can be warm rather than hot and the items can run out very quickly if the hotel is particularly busy. The staff at this hotel are generally poorly trained and most are afraid to make decisions on their own. If you stay here make sure you only deal with senior staff when you need to arrange anything. We found that only those staff at senior level who had previous experience at higher quality hotels were truly customer service orientated. The rest are clearly sticking to a script. Unfortunately this combines with it's obvious age lowers the hotel from international level. It's more like a very nice, large, local hotel. We will continue to patronize this hotel in the years to come as we always do, along with other hotels mentioned in this review because that's part of the fun when coming to Cebu but maybe just a bit less.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Duge
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Staff were all friendly & helpful. A great choice of restaurants although a bit pricey. The breakfast buffet is excellent. It caters for all nationality's. You never have to wait more than a couple of minutes for a taxi & the shuttle service into the main Shopping Malls was always on time. I cannot fault this charming & relaxing hotel and i am going back in March 2011. If you get Irish as your room attendant you will not be disappointed. I highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barrowboy1
Reviewed 11 December 2010

This was my first visit to Cebu and I wanted to be near the Asia IT Park. After I had booked the hotel I read many bad reviews and was even thinking about changing hotels.

But I could not really fault the hotel. There's a relatively nice lobby where I was able to setup quick meetings before heading to the IT Park. My room was on the 15th floor and although it was basic, it was clean as far as I could see. The only complaint I could think of is the price. When everything around you costs peanuts, how can a hotel room be well over $100 per night? And for such a basic room that is actually quite expensive. Also breakfast was not great but sufficient.

Overall I was happy. Next time I will try another hotel just so I can compare.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank affiliatelife
Reviewed 29 November 2010

this is a pefect hotel for a night stay. me and my friends trully enjoyed the single room we took.with all customer's satisfcation provided to us,we can definitely say that we had the best night ever in this luxurious hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank lips1111
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Cebu.... yuck. Overwhelming squalor and poverty everywhere you look. But if you must visit, and if you for some reason choose not to stay at an ocean front hotel, maybe this is a reasonably good choice - but note that name notwithstanding, it is nowhere near the waterfront, and the other reviewer who said 'wow' about the view might be reviewing the wrong hotel by mistake - there is also a Waterfront Cebu hotel truly on the water. The views from this hotel were average/ugly/depressing.

Hotel staff were lackadaisical and waits at the front desk varied from short to glacial in duration.

I was in their best category room on the top/sixth floor of one wing, then was subsequently moved to their best category room on the top/18th floor of the other wing. The sixth floor room was better, but the a/c didn't work worth a damn. On the other hand, the a/c in the other room would either be on or off - the thermostat made no difference - I had it turned up way over 80F and it was still cold in the room.

Rooms were okay as long as you didn't look too closely for signs of decay and poor workmanship. Reasonably spacious. Free fast internet.

The included breakfast buffet was semi-excellent. I say this due to much of the supposedly hot food being actually cold (eg baked beans and hash browns). But the selection of items was extraordinary, and the fresh pineapple and watermelon juice superb.

One plus is the proximity of the hotel to the Ayala Mall - this seems to be about the only place in all of Cebu to find a range of semi-acceptable restaurants (I liked Canvass the most, and forget the faux Greek place). But don't walk - it is an awful ugly walk. Take a taxi, it will only cost about P50 each way (including tip) - ie about US$1.

All in all, an acceptable stay and I'd return there if my plans regrettably required me to go back to Cebu again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business