“Common Filipino Foods”
Review of Cabalen

Cabalen
Ranked #508 of 769 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Philippine
Description: Cabalen is an all-day Filipino restaurant localted inside SM City Mall, Cebu CIty. The main Cabalen is in Manila.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

They have many choices but it is all common food that you can order at any filipino restaurants, taste of the food is quite ok, just don't compare it to high end restaurants. over all rating is just average.

1  Thank Wen Fang F

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The food was good except that when we got our bill, we taught it was only P298 and then we we're shocked because they added 12%VAT/pax. A bit disappointed. I think they should let the customer (who's on a tight budget) know first about this so that they could bring an extra money. But anyway, let's talk about food. They've got diff. kinds of cooked rice to choose from, lechon is refilled w/ small servings thats why some were not able to try, they serve fruits, NO CAKES, you can ask sisig from the waiter and they'll serve it hot in your table. Slow service. From pork, chicken to seafood. You'll never go out hungry. Just eat & drink slowly, less rice, try only a spoonful of servings then if able to like it, you can always go back for more. You can also change your plate anytime which is good. Bring your loved ones to enjoy not just the food, but with each others company. :)

6  Thank Leonie C
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was expecting an "eat all you can" restaurant to compromise on the food quality. I was surprised at how good the food was. They seem to cook in small batches, which would probably help quality.

The choice is not very extensive, but perfectly adequate, and the quality more than made up for it. In my view this was at least as good as, if not better than, many hotel buffets I have had in the Philippines, and certainly cheaper (P298 for lunch buffet). Way, way better than a food court or fast food restaurant, I felt from my one visit.

The lechon was nice. Another pork dish (can't remember the name, sorry) was really excellent. The choice of sauces to accompany the food was extensive. There were a number of dishes I haven't seen before, and they were very good - the meat dishes seemed to use very decent quality ingredients.

There was even quite a lot of salad/vegetable options and dressings - almost unheard of in the Philippines and very, very welcome!

All in all, highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

My two sons wanted to eat in an "Eat All You Can " Restaurant so we headed of to Cabalen when we visited Cebu. The food was cheap since it costs us less than P300(pesos) for dining.However I didnt like the taste of their food. It looks like it has been reheated several times. The crispy kangkong was not crispy but more like rubbery. I wasnt satisfied dining here. Probably wont go back again to dine here.

3  Thank betty l
Reviewed 11 June 2013

It's an eat all you can buffet and if you're into sweets and salads, it's a good place to dine. So far, there were two choices for soup, several choices for salads, enough choices for viands and different kinds of rice. Dessert was spectacular (for me). They don't serve purely Kapangpangan food. There was chocolate fondue (although the chocolate wasn't so sweet), biko, watermelon, pineapple and something similar to halo-halo. The best dessert for me was ginataan which is similar to Cebu's binignit but with a lot less ingredients and probably less sugar/sweetener.