“our Christian Heritage....”

US$55.00*
Half-Day Cebu City Tour
Ranked #7 of 121 things to do in Cebu City
More attraction details
Owner description: This is the spot where Ferdinand Magellan planted a cross in the soil in 1521 and claimed the Philippines for Spain.
Reviewed 1 April 2014

makes me proud to be a Catholic.... I am thankful that our ancestors embraced the faith.... you can feel the holiness of the relic.... a symbol to our strong Christian Heritage...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,417)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It was raining when we visited this place. crowded and there lots of hawkers. I miss going out of town with the dela Paz family.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Went there with my friends and the place will definitely bring you back in time. The natives dancing the sinulog dance were friendly, and hospitable. :)

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This cross can be seen as part of a tour if you follow the sites on the map.
The cross is on the way and easy to find.
It is close to the Chinese museum and city hall.
When I got there it was not a big deal but I went to see while I was there.
Two women tried to sell me candles to burn in the church and didn't stop till people leave.
When I ignored them they finally left me and waited for their next victim.
They are not aggressive but annoying.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We visited this place to see one of the first historic moments of our country, it's nice to see it but you don't need to be there for a long time, kids will get bored. Taking remembrance photos will complete your visit.