“Extraordinary Stay!”

The Henry Hotel Cebu
Ranked #4 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My stay at The Henry was amazing! From the lobby that will immediately wow you with an artistic flair to the rooms that are very spacious, clean, and uniquely designed, and to the restaurant that will make you feel like your in wonderland sitting right beside Alice. The staff are very friendly with uniforms that blend very well with the theme. Everything about this hotel is uniquely "like no other". Its location is a bit a travel from the airport but its all worth it! Minutes away from notable cozy bars, restaurants, and a spa. My only regret is that i only stayed overnight. Overall it was truly and Extraordinary stay! My new favorite hotel in Cebu!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ChefGabbyPrats
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your amazing review of The Henry Hotel. Appreciate all the compliments and for considering our hotel your new favorite hotel in Cebu. Looking forward to having you back soon. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My sister, her daughter, my two sons and I stayed overnight in The Henry Hotel for a different experience in Cebu. I booked through Booking.com weeks earlier (for which I didn't pay anything in advance!) and pretty soon, I corresponded with the hotel staff regarding my booking via email.

Entering the hotel, I was reminded a bit of a hotel I stayed in in Madrid, Spain some years back which had a similar lobby set up, only that hotel had bold splashes of colors on its walls (Henry Hotel's more industrial cum artsy!). After waiting for 20 minutes in their quirky lobby, we were ushered in to our XXL room (Room 605) with the Moroccan theme (I could have wanted the room with the Gone with the Wind theme but I guess it was taken at that time). As in all other reviews, we found the room so spacious and cool that one can hold a small party inside! Just look at the photos of the hotel taken by my niece, Karla Mae!

We had a comfortably delightful time during our staycation.Since we knew that there was a DVD player in the room, we brought along some DVDs for a marathon viewing of horror flicks. The rooms in our two bedroom suite were not well lit I admit (something the hotel can improve on) but it added to "halloween" feel to the place. It later became so cold in the room that we had to call the front desk to send someone to adjust the air con setting for us!

Lunch and breakfast were at the ground floor cafe which has wonderfully designed (big high chairs/crazy chandeliers/etc.). The pool was quite empty when we were there but it was clean and inviting. There was a minor problem during check out as the amount billed to me was slightly higher than the one given to me by Booking.com, turned out that taxes were not included then.

Loved the hotel.... Will definitely stay again here with my family and friends!

Dear Guest,

The whole team is delighted with your review, many thanks! Happy to know too that you liked the theme in your room. Please note that we have more rooms with equally exciting artistic flairs and concepts as well as murals such as Flamengco, Lady Tanning on the Beach, Travellers, Vintage Car, Marilyn Monroe, Dancing on the sand, Sailor Lady, etc. Will be glad to have you in each of those rooms in your future visits. I am also glad to know that our DVD player which is found in every guest room has allowed you to watch movies giving more meaning to you staycation. We are currently working on improved guest room lighting and choosing new wall color scheme that will further brighten up the guest rooms. Thank you very much and looking forward to hosting again your next family and friends staycation.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

No words can describe... super looove it! The people behind this hotel are brilliant. Rica's, the restaurant where breakfast is served is absolutely amazing. If there's one thing to improve, it is the internet connection in our room (514). But it was no big deal that time coz we were too busy to appreciate the hotel's interior. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,

A truly inspiring review, thank you. I am excited to inform that over and above the brilliant interior of our restaurant, we are soon offering breakfast buffet to further enhance the breakfast and stay experience of our valued guests lke yourself. I am sorry to hear of your challenges with our internet. Rest assured we are taking the appropriate measures to ensure that our recently upgraded wifi facility is constantly optmized. Hope to have you back in the near future. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Our stay in Henry Hotel---- totally magnificent. The hotel has a very unique ambience and theme. Very different from any other hotel we stayed in the past. Clean surroundings and friendly staff. I wish to visit the hotel some other time when we go back to Cebu in the future.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your magnificent review! It is nice to know that you are among our many guests who noticed and appreciated the level of artistry, unique ambience and friendly hospitality The Henry Hotel has to offer which is why it is considered truly like no other. The whole team definitely will await your next visit. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after spending 1 night in Mactan area.

Prior to my stay, the staff was very friendly and accommodating during the booking process and replied to my emails and texts in a very timely manner. They went beyond my expectations when I requested last minute to be picked up at the Mactan airport after staying for one night in the area. The staff are efficient and considerate to our my requests.

Upon arrival, we were amazed with the decor of the lobby and their in house restaurant as this was brightened up with modern and eclectic art pieces. It had a vintage-feel to it that I loved very much.

For the room, we preferred to stay in with pool view. Actually, this type of room, has a pool view but you can also see the restaurant, bar and spa that's located around the hotel. The view is okay, I think better than the room with a street view. I particularly loved the way they decorated each room. We stayed at Room 502 and Room 314 which was decorated differently from each other. The design was very rustic and picturesque. In Room 314, the room had one big wall with spray paint art on it. As for Room 502, one wall was full of bricks. I also loved the room amenities and toiletries. The font and design of their toiletries have a vintage feel to it, which you may liken to the items being sold in beauty bar.

Our breakfast was nice, although plated. I recommend that you choose the Filipino breakfast with chorizo and hot chocolate. Take note that the restaurant have high chairs with old world design.

The location of the hotel is still part of the city but not Cebu City. It's in Banilad Cebu which may cost you 70-80 pesos (USD2) to go to Cebu City, about 15-20 minutes away. But you can take the jeep also which will only cost 8 pesos. Around the hotel, they have the nicest restaurants. I prefer you eat dinner at Michelangelo Pizzeria which is just 1 minute walk from the hotel. Beside is is a deli called Michel Deli + Cafe.

I will definitely stay here next time I visit Cebu. This hotel is a destination in itself and I loved every minute of our stay here.

Room Tip: Room with Pool View
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

The whole team is hghly spirited knowing that you loved every minute of your stay. Thank you for appreciating the friendly and efficient service of the staff, the decor and vintage- feel of the lobby, restaurant and guest rooms which explains why The Henry Hotel is a unique destination itself. Pleased to let you know we are launching our buffet breakfast sometime this month. Looking forward to your definite return in Cebu. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I came to know Henry when I was checking on the venue of Lyoness Business Presentation in Cebu, the moment I saw their website, I fell in love with Henry. The deco is indeed like no other. So the moment I needed a place to stay in Cebu, I knew it has to be Henry. I have to surprise by darling daughter on her 25th birthday and the hotel staff were so cooperative, they have helped me made her day! Everything is superb; the price, food, services etc. The Henry Hotel; highly recommended! I hate the monotonous hotel feeling when ushered into the room, but with Henry you even forget you're in a hotel, so if I have to book a place in Cebu, there's no need to look further, it has to be The Henry Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the swimming pool are quieter
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Maria Luz R
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sweet review. We are simply honored that you chose to surprise your daughter on her 25th birthday in our hotel and that after falling in love with The Henry you are now making it your choice of hotel whenever in Cebu for our superb services, cooperative staff, decor and food. Looking forward to your return soon! Thank you very much.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

In spite of the earthquake after shocks... we had a wonderful stay at the Henry Hotel. The staff were so nice and helpful. Spacious rooms and with special themes.....Beautiful smiles are everywhere in the hotel ..... I love their home made pizza...especially the arugula and sardines:)
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank moimoimoi1962

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such cheering review of The Henry Hotel. I am glad that your stay with us went well despite the intense and frightful after shocks. Please be assured that our team is dedicated to ensure satisfaction of our guests even amidst one of the worst catastrophe that ever hit the region. Looking forward to having you back in the near future. Thank you very much.