“I am Impressed”

Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Folsom, CA
“I am Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

When I booked this room, I had an idea in my head about how it would be. I thought it would basically be a run-down hotel that the management had tried to gussy up with some funky art. But so far I can say it is a very nicely done hotel, with a lot of attention to detail. But the price was good so I figured it would be ok.

So yes, it probably was a run-down hotel at one point, I don't know, but the refurbish job is just top-notch. Things are clean, it looks well maintained, nothing really looks old in a bad way. I mean, the floors are concrete, but they're polished and have some kind of varnish on them, so they don't look old and cheap, they look classy. The designs are a little wacky, but that's the charm of the place. It's not like any other hotel you've stayed in. And as I am a designer myself, I can see they clearly have a good design sense about it. It's all a bit random, but it doesn't come across as just a bunch of random junk they put together.

The bed is comfortable, the comforter looks new, and the pillows are really big and fluffy.

Also, let me mention that the wi-fi is really good, at least in my room on the 5th floor. It's probably the fastest Wi-Fi I've ever had in an Asian hotel. I get between 50k/bits and 250k/bits a second here. I honestly didn't think I'd ever find a decent connection anywhere in Asia.

The staff is all very helpful and nice, and they smile a lot too.

The only negative I've had so far is that I ordered a drink (non-alcoholic) in the bar and it ended up being 130 pesos, which I thought was a little steep. But that is not a big deal.

If you're concerned that this hotel is one of those that looks good in pictures but bad in person, don't be. That's what I thought it would be, but it's not at all. If anything it looks better in person. And it's cheap!

Room Tip: The fifth floor seems nice and quiet, and has excellent Wi-Fi.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank RobinFolsomCA
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such generous review. As i read it, i i remember equally interesting comment rom another guest that goes, "This is where imperfection looks so nice". The funky, wacky, classy design as you so pointed out along with helpful staff, comfy bed and all i would say are what sets The Henry, like no other apart from the rest of them. Should there be anything the team can do to make this stay truly memorable, please let us know. Thank you very much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Seriously, book now if you want a boutique unique feel with attentive service, delicious food (do not miss dinner at Rica's), and coolest experience. I have never stayed at a more fun experienced hotel that is super hip, clean, and nice staff. Only wish we stayed longer. 200p white taxi to airport and 180 from pier including tip!!!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Kelzblugar
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such uplifting review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Henry Hotel.
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

If a hotel could have a personality this one would be 'Wacky'. The first thing you see is the manekin in reception,then the gorgeous young ladies at reception always with a smile. The rooms are outstanding, all very large and uniquely fitted out. The style is bright and colourful whilst remaining minimalist (polished concrete floors and no suspended ceilings).

We didnt use the restaurant except for breakfaet as we had other plans. I came close to changing my plans to re-visit the hotel as we liked it so much.

Loved it totally and would recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: All the rooms are large, we had an xx large and it was massive
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Davey1962
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is truly encouraging. Thank you for staying at The Henry, like no other. We look forward to your next equally exciting stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel just for one night and were sorry we couldnt stay longer because we had other plans... It is a great hotel with perfect service and very cool design! It has everything u need and the staff is very helpful!

• Stayed November 2013
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your excellent review. It would be nice to have you back on a longer stay period so i and the rest of the team certainly look forward to your return. Thank you very much.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

When researching hotels to stay in Cebu, I was intrigued to stay here based on the images of the hotel the pictures were very interesting and I wouldn't expect a hotel like this to be in the Philippines. I decided to book it based on reviews and the hotel did not disappoint.

The ambiance and artwork throughout the hotel including the rooms were very stylish and in my words very "hipster." From the front desk girls with their big glasses to the little added things in the rooms. The room itself was very clean and very spacious (we stayed in the basic room) and our bed was so comfortable I didn't wanna get out of bed half the time.

I gave this place 4 stars instead of 5 because 1) the location was kind of hidden, whenever we got in a taxi cab they always were very clueless and most of the time had no idea where it was unless we named a specific street 2) the toilet in our room sucked it didn't flush half the time and was incredibly weak. And FYI before you book this hotel make sure you're comfortable enough to stay in a room with the person you're with because there are NO bathroom doors, so be prepared to get that personal with whoever is in the room with you, because you'll have no privacy if you're doing your business on the toilet. But overall we had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely stay here again if ever I was in Cebu again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks to your encouraging review. It feels good that your decision to book in our hotel based on positive reviews did not disappoint you. Most, it feels best knowing you will stay with us again because of your great experience. I also thank you for highlighting The Henry Hotel's hipster ambience which became the favorite of our many guests as well as the other details that make our hotel like no other. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the weak pressure in your water closet. As of this writing, desired water pressure has already been restored after our maintenance team declogged the pipeline and did the needful. We also recognize that many guests prefer privacy in the bathroom over style and artistic flair and we are working on installation of appropriate enclosure to ensure your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Henry. Thank you so much.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The artwork and styling throughout the hotel was interesting enough to warrant a dozen photo opportunities alone. The rooms were very generously sized and maintained well.

The quality of the breakfast was very good, although the speed of service was a little bit hit or miss.

The location is fantastic- the korean and Japanese restaurants nearby were great, and there is beer-pong in the bar across the road.

The staff were very helpful and in high spirits throughout, the attire of the reception staff a highlight.

Room Tip: The xx-large rooms are almost pointlessly big, unless you plan to play hide and seek.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Adam H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review. Delighted to know that you liked the artwork, location and staff service. Discussed your feedback on restaurant service with our operations manager and please be assured that appropriate measures were already taken. Looking forward to being of service to you once again at The Henry, like no other. Thank you very much.
Southern Finland, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hotel is nice and the front desk girls so stylish and friendy with a stylish outlooks. I had a room on the 3th floor and i can not understand that wierd noise on the 4th floor,..i think somebody walk around her home with high heels and it could be heard so easily downstairs. 4th floor,..it has maybe normal condo homes or Gym,..i suppose? My aircon was broken and my friend one leaking to the floor. Bed is still the best what you i have discovered before in the Philippines,.and room spacious and comfortable. Large room is really good enough .

Food was nice ,..we took same kind of beefs with my friend,.he is big guy,.i am smaller,.so he got big beef,.and i twice smaller:p Breakfast,..so much simple until now. Only simple American breakfast on a selection of 4 different kind of ones.

I still miss music to the bar veranda and more tables and seats. Wi-fi. Not good at all.

Location is nice,..my opinion,..some distance from center( 4km) but still near nice restaurants,.bars and country mall. Banilad is safe part of Cebu,.. unlike Osmenia and Escario

Room Tip: Please avoid 3th floor,.maybe Gym upstairs,..
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Niko_sta
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback on how your stay with us has been. First, i would like to apologize for the noise that reverberated to your room which most likely resulted from the furniture and workers movement with an ongoing room refurbishment on level 5. Likewise, i am truly sorry for the AC issue you pointed out which our engineering team will address right away. Pleased to advise that effective Nov 20, our "Ravintola" shall start offering breakfast buffet to enhance the breakfast and dining experience of our valued guests which is a proof that we do not welcome our guest's feedback but we listen and find solution. Once again, Kiitos Paljonfor for choosingThe Henry and it would be a pleasure to host your future visit in Cebu.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cebu City
BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu
BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu
#7 of 87 in Cebu City
Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu

Been to The Henry Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!