“Really, really nice hotel.”

The Henry Hotel Cebu
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
london
“Really, really nice hotel.”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I wish I spent more time in this lovely place. I travel very often to Philippines (9 times within last 2 years) and all hotels are the same, boring decor, boring (but usually professional) stuff. This hotel its quite unique. Decor is absolutely fantastic, owner pay attention even to small details like lamps, signs etc. Stuff's uniform just awesome and lovely glasses.
Of course whats matter is top notch - super comfortable bed, huge room, massive shower/toilet super clean , (I had beautiful view from my room). Tasty breakfast (buffet) - obliviously restaurant is one in kind -fantastic, very professional stuff, free shuttle to Ayala Super Mal (i didn't use sure if works well) Also hotel has small but very beautiful swimming pool.
I'm pretty sure I found my place to stay in Cebu.

Room Tip: Ask about nice view -from 4/5 floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank manstain
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your great experience. The whole team feels so inspired that you considered our hotel unique from all the hotels you have been to which i am sure many of our dear valued guests would agree but further complimented by the owner's attention to details, fantasticc decor, top notched bed and breakfast and professional staff as you so mentioned that made The Henry..like no other, yet your new found place in Cebu.
We shall be waiting for your next visit. Thank you very much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I just cant get enough. From the staff and restaurant crew always ready to serve you, it's just amazing. If it's peace and privacy and a little soul searching The Henry is the one. As soon as the staff left me with my key card I did a cartwheel. Seriously. The XXL room is not just big, Its huge all for a super low price. I found peace here. Thanks henry.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area are the quietest ones, Its faces a vacant lot and has tress. Best sunrise...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Souljem
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such amazing review of The Henry and for kind words. It will be our pleasure to serve you again on your next stay. Thank you very much.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It is too large that the aircon couldn't accommodate the whole area. :))
We liked our stay here, hope they improve their aircon system.
Hotel has very nice, artsy and modern interior design!
I would recommend all artsy people to have a stay here, you'll enjoy it!

We dined at their partner restaurant downstairs and crew surprised me with a birthday ice cream, thanks to my boyfriend's schemes. :D It's pretty cool!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank designgee21
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such wonderful review! My apologies that aircon in your room was not good enough. Rest assured that our maintenance team will do the needful. I am glad the modern and artsy interior as well as the birthday surprise worked for you. Looking forward to your next visit at The Henry..like no other. Thank you very much.
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The only black hotel in the city! I love the uniqueness of it. The walls, paintings, murals, basically the interiors are amazingly weird. I instantly fell in love with the works of De Lorme which are hanged on every corner of The Henry. Service is great, I left my monopod in Rica's and got it back without any hassle. The front office staff are so young, qwerky, and kind. Ask them anything about tourist spots and they can answer! :) I will definitely stay here again. Kudos to The Henry team!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nico Jerico C
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest,

What an awesome review, that is very much appreciated. It is such happiness to know that our art inspired hotel gave you an eye candy experience as it did many guests and that we gave you the service you deserved. I look forward to your future stays with us and give you once again service… like no other. Thank you very much.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I had a positive experience at Henry Hotel.

Pros:
- Easy to order a massage for about 350 PHP + tip (~$9 USD)
- Food and iced coffee downstairs is delicious (we tried the chicken sandwich, seafood pasta, and also the breakfast buffet)
- Great service - they gave us an extra magnetic card and hailed us taxis as needed
- Decent pool, if you ever really use it.
- Each room has a unique experience - felt like a warehouse decorated

Cons:
- One elevator didn't work half the time
- The doors do not close ALL the way when you leave **BE CAUTIONED!** and after 1 minute of not being closed, it starts beeping. By that point, however, you're screwed since it's signaling to others for them to "steal my stuff!" with a high pitched beep
- Hotel prices on food are European/American prices for $8-$10 USD for each order. That's extremely expensive in comparison to eating at other places for like $2-$3 USD.
- Elevator is very difficult to use - you need to use two fingers to hit the button to go up/down, and need to put your keycard on the magnetic spot to activate the elevator. It doesn't work 90% of the time
- Internet is insanely slow. Don't depend on it

Overall, I'd return to the hotel since the cost was so worth it. Location worked out and service was positive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlbertoW1
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so delighted to know that you were given the service you deserved and that you found your whole stay worth it. Apologies on the inconveniences you encountered. We are already working on our elevator and internet services for better guest experience. We will look into adjusting the door closer in your room, yet for the “beeping” or alarm system whenever doors did not close properly, it is a security feature meant to ensure safety and security which is paramount to us. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to be service to you again at The Henry… like no other on your next visit to the Queen City. Thank you very much.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

After returning from remote islands this place was a welcome sight. Great rooms, clean and comfortable. Washrooms were excellent as well. Staff were pretty good. Location is alright not much to do around the area. Good restaurants nearby, especially a small Italian joint, we ate at the thai place behind the hotel and it was just ok. Food at the hotel wasn't bad either. I'd stay here again for sure. Very close to the airport as well but remember to account for traffic.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings and thank you for your great review of The Henry! I am delighted to know that our rooms, staff service, location among others met your expectations, well enough to merit your sure return toThe Henry...like no other. Looking forward. Thank you very much.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Henry for 2 nights.

Pros:
the hotel really is amazing visually (I.e. The set up is unbelievable)
The service was second to none
Very well positioned in Cebu
Very comfy bed and cushions
Clean

Cons:
The toilet was not flashing (took a day to fix)
There was a constant cigarette smell in the bathroom
The shower pressure was substandard
Hot water was non existent (barely look warm)

Overall I would recommend to stay and would come back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Joan O, Front Office Supervisor at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you and your wife liked The Henry’s quirky interior. My sincerest apologies on the inconveniences you had experienced along the way, rest assured these have already been addressed. We look forward to welcome you on your next visit to the Queen City and give you service… like no other. Thank you very much.