The Henry Hotel Cebu
US$49
US$115
US$48
Agoda.com
Cebu Grand Hotel(Cebu City)
US$51
US$49
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
US$171
US$53
US$44
US$47
Trip.com
Cebu R Hotel - Capitol(Cebu City)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$26
1,056 results
All reviewsboutique hotelpop artreading roomopen bathroomart piecesunique designbig roomcomfy bedbreakfast buffethot waterrooms are spaciousdefinitely stay here againenjoyed my staynice poolvisit cebuayala mallartsy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel Henry is a boutique hotel furnished by an unconventional mind. Not only are there interesting works of modern street art decorating the walls, they implied the hotel policies in a fun and friendly manner which is enjoyable to read them (a first for me). The idea is seamlessly incorporated into every aspect, including the look of the hotel staff.

Each guest room is uniquely designed and are very spacious even for the most basic room.

In the room, not all the tv channels seem to be working and the water pressure isn't the best. The only restaurant has a relaxing and friendly atmosphere with the coffee barrister anticipating my needs and always with a smile.

The rest of the staff are a little reserved and I would have enjoyed the stay more if they also let loose and relax a little more during our interactions.

The swimming pool is adequate with a few deck chairs available but a little too shady for my preference.

The hotel is located in a great area where there is an endless supply of dining options and a good spa next door.

If you are not staying at Mactan, I suggest checking out the Henry Hotel. With the great price, you won't regret it.

Stayed: August 2014
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us in your review. The Henry is by far the most artsy hotel in Cebu City and indeed a work of art itself. I am glad that you found this unique character in most aspects. I am sorry for some in- room inconvenience you had. Please be assured that the whole team is taking favorable action to address them. Likewise, I am happy to inform you that we are currently undertaking initiatives to hopefully bring better experience over our pool side. Thank you for your recommendation to all to come and experience The Henry, like no other. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The minute I walked into the hotel lobby, I fell in love with all the quirky details and immediately got my camera out to capture everything. I opened the door to the bedroom and felt like I was walking into a gigantic New York loft - it was elegant, incredibly clean, quirky and unique. I loved the spacious bathroom too - just beware that there is no door to the bathrooms but you can request to have a curtain if you prefer to have more privacy (which I did).

The hotel almost feels like you are walking around an art exhibition. If you love colour, art, quirky designs, friendly/helpful staff, elegance, modern character instead of traditional character then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Beware there is no door to the bathrooms but you can request to have a curtain if you prefer to have more privacy (which I did).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review and for loving The Henry, like no other. Many of our guests have truly appreciated our hotel's unmatched level of artistry and the visual excitement which is what unique stay experience is all about! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Came to Cebu for a break, did not want to stay in a factory hotel.
The Henry is certainly not that, from the moment is checked in the staff could not be more helpful , truly great. The rooms are fantastic, as is the restaurant , I will be staying hear again.

I could not recommend this hotel more.

Stayed: July 2014
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Hi 5 to your top notch review of The Henry! Truly inspiring ever to hear from guests great service extended to them in all touch points. I am humbled by your recommendation and kind words. Looking forward to your 3rd of the many future visits to the Queen City. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Cebu is quite a confronting and challenging city for a westerner, and this boldly cheery, creative, modern pop-art space is jarringly out of place. It's certainly very cool and design savvy, but doesn't seem to really understand itself. The staff try hard and do well with English, but communication falls a long way from more touristy and developed Asian cities. Don't expect the level of service you'd get elsewhere in the world and you'll have a better time, in fact, my advice for visiting the Philippines in general is to put your patience pants on and go with the flow. We did really enjoy our stay here. The quirkiness was a lot of fun, and it was great value for money. Food and booze was about 5x what it cost everywhere else, but worth it for the nice environment. I'd go back.

Room Tip: The biggest rooms on the top floor get quite hot! A friend had a smaller (still generously sized) room which stayed a more comfortable temperature.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your great review. I am delighted to hear of your fun- filled stay because of the art & design driven space and interior making up the quirky environment as well as the value for money which gladly are well worth your next visit. I am sorry that the level of service was to you not comparable to other places you have been. I look forward to personally meeting with you on your next visit and perhaps discuss from a valued guest's perspective the areas where we can further level up on the service aspect. I would also be happy to hear from you at 0917-6294229. Nevertheless, the whole team of The Henry continues to take pride on the thumbs up given by countless guests in terms of staff service and service "like no other" which to me will remain as our hotel's best quality. Looking forward to your next visit. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are interesting and the lobby and communal areas are decorated with eye catching art. The lack of bathroom doors in the rooms is something to consider if you are not completely comfortable with the person you are staying with.

My critique is on customer service. I had an issue with mischarging on my credit card. I was charged for 2 rooms, vice the 1 that I reserved and signed for. Being an international customer, I understand that email is probably the best form of communication, but my last correspondence from 17 June is still yet to be answered. And now I receive a letter from my credit card company that the Henry is insisting on charging me even though I never signed for this other room and it is not in my name. It is a shame that after a pleasant stay at The Henry Hotel, I continue to have issues with mischarging on credit card. I am further disappointed with the lack of customer service regarding resolution of this issue. The hotel was nice, but not worth all of this hassle.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is good to know that you appreciated the unique and out-of-the-box interior of The Henry, which many of our guests loved and come back to. Our lack of bathroom doors has already been addressed as necessary. The Henry is best known also for the Customer Service it gives to its guests, and it always saddens us hearing such untoward incidents. I already have checked with the persons concerned and checked documents as well. Rest assured there was no mischarging that took place and everything has been coordinated with the bank already. I am looking forward to having you again at The Henry on your next visit to Cebu City. Thank you very much.