“Good but careful if you are a family...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Henry Hotel Cebu

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Henry Hotel Cebu
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
brunei
“Good but careful if you are a family...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Henry is very cool hotel. However we are a family of 5, and when I was booking (I emailed direct) and very clearly said that, and the ages of the children, ages 10, 9 and 4. The woman that booked us in said that she would recommend the extra large room and that we had to pay for an extra bed (which at 1500 pesos nearly stopped us from staying there, it was a lot!!) but we went for it anyway. When we arrived we discovered there was only one king sized bed which was supposed to sleep 4 of us, and a very average single, fold out bed for the extra. Not impressed. We argued the point and they said in the small print that children under 11 stayed for free if no extra bedding was required. I love my kids but!!!! They did however (eventually, after my husband said we would go somewhere else) agree to give us another extra bed for free and the issue ended there, which was great. The rest of the stay was excellent. Service in the restaurant was a bit hit and miss (especially outside poolside, full ashtrays and unwiped tables). Some advice to The Henry ... 1. Get a new, quality table outside by the pool, the one that is there now needs to thrown away 2. Please have a room that has two double beds in it! Would make so much sense and the rooms are plenty big enough.

I sound like a complete whinger in this review. But the bed thing was annoying. Overall though we loved our stay at The Henry.

Room Tip: Make sure there are enough beds!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you loved The Henry amidst some glitches. My sincerest apologies on how your reservation went out, I am happy that it was addressed immediately and we managed to keep you with us. Rest assured your feedback in the restaurant is noted and we will surely point that out as a means to improve further the service. I hope these won’t hinder any of your future stays with us. I look forward to having your family back again and give you service like no other! Thank you very much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

From the moment you walk in, until the moment you check out of the hotel, it's just a fabulous experience. The hotel is spacious, clean, really well thought out, arty and the staff is extremely friendly.

Every room is designed differently, but in the same industrial style. The moment you walk in the room just brings a big smile to your face. It's got a lovely big bed, a nice tv (with all the nice channels, such as HBO!), and reasonably fast WiFi. The bathroom is very modern, with a lovely big rain shower.

It's got a nice reading room, where you can chill, access an iMac computer with faster internet and enjoy a nice cup of coffee.

Downstairs is the swimming pool, where you can lay down next to, to relax a bit.

We had to stay for a couple of days in this hotel, because we were both sick and needed to regain our strengths. That, we were able to do.

We've stayed in the Philippines for a month, and this is by far the best hotel we stayed in. Absolutely recommendable! If I were the hotel owner, I'd up the prices, it's worth more than we paid for it.

Room Tip: We had the cheapest room, which was perfect. It'll be a surprise in what room you'll end up...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank BoontjeB
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks to your top rated review! The whole team couldn't be more inspired with such generous words and nicest things to say about The Henry. Sorry to hear you both were under the weather during this trip but I am happy to learn that the comfort of the room hastened the process of recovery. We certainly look forward to your next visit soon to The Henry, no doubt "like no other". Thank you very much.
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a quirky boutique style hotel, well worth a visit. Service is outstanding, nothing is too much trouble, with lots of eye contact and smiles. Rooms are large, each one differently styled and unique, beds are extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: Most quiet rooms are at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank Richard187062
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice review! At The Henry service and guest satisfaction are our top priority and I am glad that you experienced an outstanding service from during your stay. I look forward to your next visit to The Henry. Thank you very much.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel Henry is a boutique hotel furnished by an unconventional mind. Not only are there interesting works of modern street art decorating the walls, they implied the hotel policies in a fun and friendly manner which is enjoyable to read them (a first for me). The idea is seamlessly incorporated into every aspect, including the look of the hotel staff.

Each guest room is uniquely designed and are very spacious even for the most basic room.

In the room, not all the tv channels seem to be working and the water pressure isn't the best. The only restaurant has a relaxing and friendly atmosphere with the coffee barrister anticipating my needs and always with a smile.

The rest of the staff are a little reserved and I would have enjoyed the stay more if they also let loose and relax a little more during our interactions.

The swimming pool is adequate with a few deck chairs available but a little too shady for my preference.

The hotel is located in a great area where there is an endless supply of dining options and a good spa next door.

If you are not staying at Mactan, I suggest checking out the Henry Hotel. With the great price, you won't regret it.

Stayed August 2014
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us in your review. The Henry is by far the most artsy hotel in Cebu City and indeed a work of art itself. I am glad that you found this unique character in most aspects. I am sorry for some in- room inconvenience you had. Please be assured that the whole team is taking favorable action to address them. Likewise, I am happy to inform you that we are currently undertaking initiatives to hopefully bring better experience over our pool side. Thank you for your recommendation to all to come and experience The Henry, like no other. Thank you very much.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The minute I walked into the hotel lobby, I fell in love with all the quirky details and immediately got my camera out to capture everything. I opened the door to the bedroom and felt like I was walking into a gigantic New York loft - it was elegant, incredibly clean, quirky and unique. I loved the spacious bathroom too - just beware that there is no door to the bathrooms but you can request to have a curtain if you prefer to have more privacy (which I did).

The hotel almost feels like you are walking around an art exhibition. If you love colour, art, quirky designs, friendly/helpful staff, elegance, modern character instead of traditional character then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Beware there is no door to the bathrooms but you can request to have a curtain if you prefer to have...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review and for loving The Henry, like no other. Many of our guests have truly appreciated our hotel's unmatched level of artistry and the visual excitement which is what unique stay experience is all about! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you very much.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Came to Cebu for a break, did not want to stay in a factory hotel.
The Henry is certainly not that, from the moment is checked in the staff could not be more helpful , truly great. The rooms are fantastic, as is the restaurant , I will be staying hear again.

I could not recommend this hotel more.

Stayed July 2014
Mirro R, General Manager at The Henry Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Hi 5 to your top notch review of The Henry! Truly inspiring ever to hear from guests great service extended to them in all touch points. I am humbled by your recommendation and kind words. Looking forward to your 3rd of the many future visits to the Queen City. Thank you very much.
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Cebu is quite a confronting and challenging city for a westerner, and this boldly cheery, creative, modern pop-art space is jarringly out of place. It's certainly very cool and design savvy, but doesn't seem to really understand itself. The staff try hard and do well with English, but communication falls a long way from more touristy and developed Asian cities. Don't expect the level of service you'd get elsewhere in the world and you'll have a better time, in fact, my advice for visiting the Philippines in general is to put your patience pants on and go with the flow. We did really enjoy our stay here. The quirkiness was a lot of fun, and it was great value for money. Food and booze was about 5x what it cost everywhere else, but worth it for the nice environment. I'd go back.

Room Tip: The biggest rooms on the top floor get quite hot! A friend had a smaller (still generously sized) ro...
Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your great review. I am delighted to hear of your fun- filled stay because of the art & design driven space and interior making up the quirky environment as well as the value for money which gladly are well worth your next visit. I am sorry that the level of service was to you not comparable to other places you have been. I look forward to personally meeting with you on your next visit and perhaps discuss from a valued guest's perspective the areas where we can further level up on the service aspect. I would also be happy to hear from you at 0917-6294229. Nevertheless, the whole team of The Henry continues to take pride on the thumbs up given by countless guests in terms of staff service and service "like no other" which to me will remain as our hotel's best quality. Looking forward to your next visit. Thank you very much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cebu City
BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu
BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu
#6 of 87 in Cebu City
Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu

Been to The Henry Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!