“Intimate, delicious, prompt service”

Kanyoen Yakiniku Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 752 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Barbecue, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

First impressions are important upon entry to a restaurant - we were warmly greeted, seated in very well appointed surroundings and received a whiff of the kitchen which was enticing to say the least. Kanyoen treated my wife & I to a delicious intimate dinner with very attentive service, a large and interesting variety of meats to cook at our leisure.
Tip : Bookings are essential - ask for a booth.
The only fault I could find was the menus looked tacky with all the "not available" stickers over various items and need to be updated. That and only one variety of Sake on the drinks menu.

5  Thank Matt L
There are newer reviews for Kanyoen Yakiniku Restaurant

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Please don't miss this place when you're in Lapu-Lapu area, highly recommended! Fresh seafood, delicious sushi...and etc! this is definitely one of the best restaurant in town, check it out. The ambiance is nice, you don't feel like you have to eat in a hurry, you can take your time while enjoying your sushi and sipping your Jinro.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Having been a yakiniku fan, by far it is the tastiest Japanese grilled food in Cebu. Although pricey with per serving only good for 1person, I'd still recommend the place given the quality of food and its varied selections of meat. My usual choices include the high grade beef of Rouso Yaki (the cheapest fr the selection), Jo Karubi and of course the Wagyu beef. I prefer the beef more than the pork or the seafood. And given the extra cash, I suggest you try their priciest Kobe beef which can be a real treat. The vegetable salad and miso soup are also good pair for their tasty beef. The only downside is you come out of the restaurant smelling like the bbq you grilled. Overall, the yakiniku is really worth my two thumbs up and the closest taste to the delicious Osakan Yakiniku I have ever tasted.

10  Thank Kittyaquino
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The owner is Japanese and supposedly cuts all the meat himself, which is a big reason their beef tastes the best in Cebu. If he goes on holiday, the restaurant closes, cuz he doesn't want to compromise the restaurant's quality if he doesn't cut it himself. I think Tajimaya is good, but Kanyoen is FAR better! Of course quality comes with a price, but its justified here. Just my two cents.

7  Thank tanaka_dtmf
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The meat was a-maz-ing! I tried the top of the line meat and it literally melted in my mouth. Sadly, it also meant a top of the line bill (ha-ha) But anyway, the experience was overall, very good. I would definitely go back to this place! The service was great as well.

9  Thank cymbellineo