“St. Mark”
Review of St. Mark Hotel

St. Mark Hotel
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my first time staying at the St. Mark Hotel. I found the room was clean and service was great. The food was also really good. The only problem I had with my room was a constant odor in the bathroom. I was actually surprised to find the hotel was located in a residential neighborhood.

So the down side to my stay was the odor in the bathroom and the location. This hotel I would consider as a you get what you pay for hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Enrique_F, General Manager at St. Mark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2014

Dear Rose A,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your comments are appreciated. Our staff members take their roles very seriously and try, every day, to provide the best customer service.

We have submitted your feedback to our Housekeeping Manager, and we have re-examined all of our bathrooms since then. He has taken measures so it won't happen again.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Cebu City.

Best regards,

Enrique G. Farrarons Jr.

St Mark Hotel

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This my 3rd time in Cebu, but my first time staying here. I remember telling my fiance, "This hotel, is a "get what you pay for" hotel". And looking back, I still feel that way. The price was very reasonable, the service was great, the food was great, the quality of sleep was great, but there were some down sides as well. The two main things that come to mind are location (it's like hidden in a maze and taxi drivers take advantage of that), and rooms are a bit small, with bathrooms being very small. Also, no pool or exercise room. But, as I said before, "You get what you pay for". So all in all, it was a satisfying stay, but will look elsewhere next time simply because of the bad location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was going to give 5 stars, but the problems mentioned at the end with the food takes one point off...

Coming here by more or less mistake because my preferred Cebu crashpad was fully booked, and enroute to my backup hotel came by and stopped the taxi and got myself a room...

The staff is very helpful and management seems to do a really solid effort to try and accommodate all needs of their patrons... I have now stayed here a little over a week and enjoy it... every problem that occurs the staff promptly respond and does everything to fix it.
The WIFI is a bit weird, and I have had to move room a few times to get closer to the access point, interior is really nice, modern with a homey feeling bed is awesome, amenities are 5 star...
The area is so-so and I definitely don't feel comfortable walking around after dark, lots of homeless people hanging around outside... the hotel should take this serious as it reflects on the experience of the hotel.

Now the biggest problem is the restaurant... the complimentary breakfast is very poor quality, but the problems don't stop there... first day I arrived my GF and I had a pasta, a salad and a steak... the cheese in the pasta had gone bad so it tasted horrible, the salad was very boring and the steak was horribly cooked...

Now, I have tried to order room service a couple of times, and despite the management and service staff doing every possible effort to provide a great service and product, the cooking skills in the kitchen are simply not good enough, this evening I have been forced to give up eating after 7 phone calls, 3 wrong deliveries and instructions not to order certain items on the menu since the kitchen cant cook it... verrrry much under the standard the hotel is trying to set for itself... the kitchen REALLY needs to improve...

Room Tip: Try and ask for the X01 series, they are best value rooms, however every room I have stayed in has b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonPedros
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Clean rooms, friendly service, good location. The only small downside is that the sound can travel between rooms and if the neighbour is noisy you can hear it.

Otherwise though I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AusGreg
Enrique F, Manager at St. Mark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi Jan Michael M,
Thank you very much for staying with us, we will improve the quality of service. We will take note of these feedback and on how to minimize the sound of some of our rooms.

Benedict P. Imbong
DUTY MANAGER

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Despite the hotels location, unlike other hotels situated along the beach, i would say that its one of the nicest hotels in cebu..as they have this vibrant and spacious rooms, good tasty food, and friendly accomodating staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan Michael M

Hi Jan M
Thank you very much for staying with us, hope to see you again.Thanks

Benedict P. Imbong
DUTY MANAGER

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed only one night layover but the room was nice. Had a cigarette smell though. Very comfortable bed. Breakfast was ok. Grest Wifi. Quiet neighborhood. I recommand this place. Great staff, good location, comfortable room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank missgreenpeas
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was really impressed by this hotel. My room was large, clean and beautiful! Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was pristine. The staff was very helpful and accommodating and check-in was very quick. Great value for money, will definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business