“Budget + Premium can co-exist!”
Review of The Center Suites

The Center Suites
Ranked #7 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Dagupan
“Budget + Premium can co-exist!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip to Cebu in 2013. It was recommended for me because I had no idea where to stay in Cebu, and I thank them loads for telling me about the Center Suites.
First, the room rates are just right for me. It was even at the lower limit of what I would pay for an overnight stay! Their modern-looking building stood out from the environment. The reception and front desk was smallish, but that wasn't really an issue. I didn't stay there long anyways, as booking was fast and easy.
Second, as soon as I went to the lobby and into my room on the ground floor, I was surprised to see that Center Suites did not look like a budget hotel at all! THe interiors were done tastefully. What they lacked in the space department, they surely made up for in cleanliness. Definitely worth more than what you pay for.
Don't expect all the bells and whistles of a full service hotel here, but also, don't expect the cheesy and dirty interiors you'd find in accommodations in this price range. Two thumbs up! :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jrdpadilla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Needed a place to stay over after a delayed flight caused is to miss the last bus to Moal Boal. Good thing I'm gay, as this Opus Dei run place demands to see marriage licenses for males and females sharing a room, but my date and I had no such problems.

Decent value for money for a budget hotel, though I'd use slippers for the floor.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank mountaindolphin
Butuan, Philippines
Reviewed 9 August 2013

For the nth time in Cebu, finding a place to stay is a hit or miss. For this particular trip, we hit two birds in one shot.

I browsed for a hotel that offers romantic ambiance to celebrate our 14th Anniversary but because attention to health needs prevailed, we settle for a budget to mid range hotel near Perpetual Succour Hospital. Positive reviews brought us to this place. It was indeed a walking distance. We were amazed of this discovery.

We booked through cellular phone given in their website. Checking in and out was fast. This two storey building is relatively new addition to the many budget inns in the queen city. What separate this place from other similar entities is the seemingly luxurious amenities despite meager space.

Our room in the second floor was clean, with soft beds, hot and cold shower, free wifi. Services provided were fast. All the Staff were friendly and helpful - from guard, housekeeping, maintenance, front desk, resto staff...

The downside is the noise - at the hallway, other rooms, sounds at the bistro and on-going repair jobs (though they put notice at the front desk about the repair).

Overall, i highly recommend this place. It truly stands for its name "Center". We were able to roamed the city with less than 100 pesos taxi fare (about USD 2.3 at the rate of 43) each time like going to Ayala, Chong Hua, Gaisano Mall, SM. When in Cebu with limited time, taxi is preferable rather than jeepney.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Iligan City, Iligan, Philippines
Reviewed 13 April 2013

It was my second time to stay at The Center Suites. My first stay there was for business purpose, and I stayed with a few guests/friends for 2 nights. I decided to check in there after learning from the previous stay of their hotel policy of "No Instant Couples Allowed". I liked the accommodation, and the service from my first stay that I decided for comfort, and the need for security when I came back from a solo trip -- The Center Suites would be a good choice. It did not fail me. I asked to be accommodated in a room with fast internet connection so I can get some work done, and which I did.

I stayed there for 2 nights, and worked most of my waking hours inside my room. I was so dead tired from a previous travel that I would rather just order in than go out and find something to eat. You may find the food a bit pricey, and by pricey, I mean restaurant rates. But for it's good taste, and large serving size, I do not mind. I highly recommend their Carbonara Fettucini, and Oriental Fried Chicken, to go with either their mango shake or a flavored ice tea. There's a complimentary free breakfast included, which I've learned that is smaller than the regularly priced ones when a friend visited early, and we had to order breakfast for her as well. The serving size is not bad, I would not have known if we didnt order in for her. And oh, you get to choose if you want your breakfast with rice or toast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has good wifi connection if you feel the need to keep connected. The rooms at th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank PinayTravelista
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 7 December 2012

The Center Suites was relatively new when I stayed there overnight. The receptionist, though nice, put me to a room with a higher price by mistake and was informed of it late when I got back from strolling around the city. The room was okay; the air-conditioning, I didn't quite know why I had to set the temperature several times. Breakfast was so small to the point of laughable.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo