“Great base for a shopping trip”

BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Prt moresby
“Great base for a shopping trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Well priced hotel. Close to Ayala and Robinsons malls. It was easy travelling around the city with cheap taxis. We did not pay more than PHP100 which is under AUD 3. Staff were excellent though sometime miscommunications can occur. The only drawback was the smell from the toilet which is due to recycled, non potable water. Though not really close to the beach (mainly due to heavy traffic) the rooftop pool is very good. Breakfast was just ok as it was a mix of Asian and Western cuisine.

Room Tip: The windows are not double glazed so if traffic noise keeps you awake make sure you are on the highe...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank StuAus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

wonderful interiors, very good service, great comfort, great cleanilness, very modern, nice infinity pool @ the rooftop gives great view of the city.. and great location,near coffee shops, restaurants, easy access to ayala mall..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Frederica A
Prague, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

This was just amazing experience. Great pool on the rooftop, very nice rooms, terrible Mojito, perfect mango daiquiri! Reasonable prices. Its close to wonderful Michelangelos Pizzeria, definitely worth of visiting!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Arrakis77
Derry City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in June 2013, I forgot to leave feedback, so I will do it now , better late than never.
Coming from Ireland my experiences in Europe and the Americas have been very different to what I have experienced in Asia.
I booked this Hotel after reading the varied reports on this wonderful site. I was a little sceptical as my Taxi took me from the Airport to the hotel, the area around the Hotel looked to be less than desirable, but later when I went for my daily walks I could have not been more wrong, the people were friendly, there were many little shops and places to have a drink or snack.
The Hotel can best be describes as a Rose surrounded by some thorns.
I even found a little laundry to care for my needs close to the Hotel, when I travel I prefer to use as many local facilities as I can find.
Arriving at the Hotel was perfect, the door man was very welcoming and seemed to have a smile for everyone.
The process of checking in was quick and I was in my room not long after arriving.The room was surprisingly modern and all my needs were met. The WIFI was good, but to be honest I only used it for about 10minutes each day, I like to use my vacation time experiencing everything local and not spending a lot of time on a computer.
The bed was comfortable, Television met my needs and the Mini Bar was handy.
The Bathroom was perfect and met my needs. The Hotel provided nice amenities, there were of a really good quality. I needed extra bathroom amenities and these were promptly provided after a call to reception.
The roof top pool was a real eye opener, perfect and a lot of the time I have it to myself. You can relax on a recliner and enjoy the evening, one day I was able to sit and watch an approaching storm as I enjoyed my drink, it was an amazing experience.
To conclude I would recommend this hotel, it cannot be beaten for price and value for money. I so liked this hotel that when I return to Cebu in June this year I have made 2 separate bookings for a total of 6 nights, would I do this if this hotel was less than perfect for my needs?
Well done to all the staff and I expect more of the same this coming June.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Maac
Santa Rosa, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I found the place nice but I am not sure why the front desk people are not quite accommodating. I left our certificate in the room during our check-out. They checked the room before they advised us that everything is okay. However; they did not call me for the certificate that I forgot. I hope this call the attention of the management.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank JeCano
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

The reception area is very garish, too right and unwelcoming, the corridors look a little tired and the carpet makes it feel too 80s. But the rooms are great. The quality that you expect from an international brand. Huge and comfortable bed (and I mean huge, I lost my girlfriend in it), clean towels and bedding, great wifi, space in the room to think and breathe. Top marks. The raised infinity pool on the roof was great looking (didn't get a chance to dip into it though) with some nice views in the evening (I did get to taste a vodka soda in the twilight). Breakfast was very simple. I must say that the staff at reception where a little slow for info (but friendly all the same), the porters at the front door are your go-to guys, quick and helpful, without any of the lag that comes with the front of house staff. Would stay again (in fact I am back in Cebu in three weeks and will hook a room).

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank krys_k
Cagayan de Oro City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

The entrance is nice with the helpful and nice staff around, the room is spacious enough and so with the bathroom room with all the bathroom necessities. Their breakfast buffet is quite good. The place is just around the city and easy to get taxi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business