“Wedding In Cebu”
other travellers have booked this property
The cozy living room Amazing view of Uptown Cebu
Bathroom 2
Kitchen
Aerial view of the Tower
Tower By Night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

London, United Kingdom
“Wedding In Cebu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

I rented this Apartment for a period of Three weeks in February for my Wedding in Cebu. Me and my Wife stayed here for the duration of those weeks so naturally we wanted to stay somewhere special. This place in general gave us everything we needed as a couple, it has three bedrooms and bathrooms (handy if you have guests) and the general design of the place has made great use of space, including a very nice living area. What you see in the photos is what you get, though the photos do make it look a little larger than it actually is. This place is also located in a prime location, with pretty much easy access to everything.

Cebu is not the easiest of places to walk around in so having easy access to Jeepneys and Taxi's is handy. There is also a Starbucks on the ground floor which was a life saver for me when i get that coffee itch. One amazing thing about this apartment is the view, you get to see both the Sunrise and sunset and it really is quite a site, especially in the morning when you are eating your breakfast or a night when eating dinner, to watch that view was a true pleasure everyday.

Naturally as this is a fair review i have to mention both the good and bad, so now for the things that we found to be negative aspects of the whole experience.

I have mentioned the amazing view facing the Sun rise and sunset, which is great......but unfortunately when you face the sun that also means you are going to get roasted and when in an apartment that is mostly glass it becomes a bit of a greenhouse during the afternoon and no matter how much you have the aircon on it is still going to be warm. This is something that i got used to but for those not used to the heat be prepared. The plumbing wasn't what i would call superb, but that is mostly a building problem rather than for this individual room. We encountered a very bad rotten smell on our arrival and eventually found out that it was a filter tank that collects water from the kitchen sink. The smell really was bad like something had died, so i really do recommend not preparing much food in the kitchen, better to keep it simple.

When it comes to the generally maintenance and cleaning of the Apartment we found it to be very random and in some cases lacking. When we first arrived we found the kitchen utensils were a bit rusty so they can do with replacing. There was supposed to be a cleaning schedule every Saturday, unfortunately that schedule was only met once by the cleaning staff. The other times they had come to clean was on random days, due to special request of the owner, which is fine, except that the cleaners who had been summoned on that random day (wednesday) did not return on the saturday that week... but the next saturday (10 days later) which wasn't that great and it got to a point when we really had no idea when they would eventually turn up. Being in the centre of the city means lots of dust...and that place really does get dusty fast! So me and my wife cleaned the place daily and the cleaners became obsolete, as they could not be relied on.

There are a good number of amenities available in the building but.....there appears to be a lack of information and instruction on how to actually avail them. I have noticed that this way of doing things is common in the Philippines, that idea of forgetting the instruction manual and ...."just going with the flow", even if it means running around a building for hours getting re-directed by everyone you approach towards someone else, like being in a pinball machine.... until you get to the right person...who then cant accommodate you either.

It states here that you have discounted rates at the gym, with no information available in the apartment on how i could avail that discounted rate i decided to just walk in and ask. So i just visited the gym and approached the staff member and asked if i could get discounted entry as i am renting there. The staff member looked at me in confusion and directed me to another floor. When i got to that floor information desk i was re-directed again. After being sent around the building twice to talk to different people i eventually got to the bottom of the problem by contacting the owners who then got back to me with the bad news that the discounted rates at the gym are no longer available. So that was indeed a wasted day. I think it would definitely benefit those renting if there was some kind of "welcome leaflet" or booklet, to give a rundown of the building and how those renting can avail certain amenities there.

Both Owners Sandy and Kevin were very accommodating and helpful, probably some of the friendliest and accommodating owners you will meet, making the experience feel more like you are renting the property from members of your own family, as they are always on the other end of the phone if there is any emergencies and they always do their very best to help, they also treated me and my wife to lunch and then even a free Spa treatment to celebrate our marriage which was very sweet indeed.

Me and my Wife definitely enjoyed our stay, despite those negative points which leave holes in a few things, but no place is perfect. I would suggest staying at this place to anyone, as i think this place definitely has a lot of potential and is perfect for those that like a nice living space with a view and want to be in the heart of the city. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to those that likes to cook a lot as the kitchen is more for making snacks rather than full-on meals (you would destroy the plumbing). I hope this review prepares people for a few of the let downs..... but as i said already..."no place is perfect" and if both Sandy and kevin Iron-out a few of these creases then this place will be as busy as a top Hotel.

3 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 2 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 3 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The View, the living space and being so close to everything
Liked least: The lack of maintenance of the place, it needs more attention.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
Management Response
18 Jun 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review and assessment, appreciate very much all the good and negative—as all of the latter will help us to be better in our service. My response is long overdue, but we had been busy and out of town the past weeks (my apologies). For your information and reference of the traveling community (who are our potential and future guests), please allow me to explain my end on the following specific points:

1. While nothing can 100% fully mitigate the effects of sun rays/heat given an average Cebu hot weather that could go up as high as 36 degrees Celsius (96.8°f), unless of course we sacrifice the amazing view of the beautiful sunrise and sunset by installing a total block out shade, which we’d rather not--- I believe we have chosen the best option available in our hands at this moment to address this concern.

Being born and raised in this very tropical part of the world, we are fully aware and at the same time very cautious about this sun/heat issue, with the comfort of our guests foremost in our minds when we decided on the add-on amenities given the high-paneled glass walls. This is why, aside from the high quality and high efficiency air conditioners installed at the whole apartment, including the living/dining areas, all the glass-paneled walls of the condo are equipped/installed with roll-up solar shades/curtains that is designed to filter 90% of the sun’s heat and UV rays, thereby cutting glare and heat while still allowing you full exterior visibility and natural sunlight to brighten the whole unit even when the shade is lowered.

Of course, we all could have random responses to climatic changes that are relative to which part of the world we are from and what we are used to. I am pleased and thankful you adjusted well because we did not hear you complain about it during your entire stay. And I believe, so did all the rest of those who had stayed with us before… rest assured though, we have this in mind and we will not stop to find better ways and solutions to improve on this.

2.) I sincerely apologize for this building deficiency on plumbing, which is beyond our immediate control. That is why in our “welcome kit”, we ask all our incoming guests to take time to read our advisory. At paragraph “c”, we state:

C. On absence of sink garbage/waste disposal device or garburator. The grease trap at the kitchen under-sink is scheduled for cleaning every Saturday along with housekeeping. But depending on frequency of use and washes of fat, oil and greasy stuffs; and improper food waste disposal into the kitchen sinks/drains, there may be instances when it would need cleaning in-between, which would be indicated either by or all of the following: clog or slow water drain; a water flow that would seem like a leak; and/or foul odor coming from below the sink. In any such event, please inform us right away by calling us at the contact number/s below; or, you may dial directly from the local telephone to call for condo maintenance at the front desk, then ask to connect to PMO office. The answering party could take your concern and would gladly send a maintenance staff to address your need at the opportune time. (Electrical, plumbing, etc.). This particular concern only takes about 30 minutes to fix or less.

3.) I am sorry, but the cookware set (pots and pans) at the condo is made of stainless steel, thereby rust resistant. You may be referring to “burnt stains and marks” on the bottom of the pots, which are normal results from pretty rough treatment or even regular cooking of starchy things like rice, pasta… however, I do know that there is no excuse for customer dissatisfaction, so I am taking this constructive comment very seriously. I just ordered a whole new set of surgical stainless steel cookware as replacement, as well as new cutleries. With that and the promise of deep and better maintenance and cleaning and our guests’ responsiveness– we stand to our commitment in keeping and making this place your home away from home.

4.) I sincerely apologize that cleaning had to be done at different days of the week and not on the scheduled Saturdays during that period of your visit. My regular cleaner took a month of emergency leave then, so I hired temporary cleaners who were kind enough to accommodate us amidst their busy lineup to take 3 cleaning days for me during your entire stay (though I own this up as our full responsibility to do better) Thank you though for your kind approval on my requests for the random cleaning sched. Anyway just for clarifications, , please find that---- your booking with us is for the period Feb.2.2014 (your check-in day: Sunday) to Feb.23.2014 (your checkout day: Sunday), which gives us 3 Saturdays of supposed cleaning days in between—specifically Feb. 8, Feb. 15 and Feb. 22 (please note: this is a day before your check-out). On the first week, you called on Wednesday (Feb.5) for cleaning which we took as cleaning day1- the reason why the cleaners did not go back anymore that Saturday. Then they came back for cleaning day2 the following Saturday- Feb. 15. And since cleaning day3 would have been the next Saturday (Feb 22), which was a day before your checkout, I opted for cleaning day3 on Feb. 19 (Wed). I thought it was better, instead of cleaning a day before you left. I wished I could have done better though to PLEASE ALL YOUR EXPECTATIONS. I THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND UNDERSTANDING.

5.) Thank you for your kind input on “instruction manual”, I welcome this very much and will look into it at some given time. Though if you take time to read on our Advert page, you would definitely get a glimpse of what you could expect to do and enjoy within the whole complex to add to your own homework and research about the place. We are not operating a hotel with a marketing staff and all that goes with the package, we are simply a private vacation rental operator doing our best to offer the best amenities of convenient Cebu living and style and even going beyond our commitment to deliver what we promise on our advert. At all times, you can contact us thru all the numbers on our Welcome Kit, should you need our assistance. Further, the warm receptionists at the Tower3 lobby who are there 24/7 would gladly assist you in your queries. The whole Tower structure is huge, but it has a system that is organized and friendly, and as it should be, you would need to be directed accordingly to where and which reception counter you should go, so that your particular query could be addressed properly. Otherwise, true that you could really get lost on your way. Nevertheless, we hope to serve you better in your next visit.

Again, thank you for taking time to write this review and giving us a chance to be heard… we already have- some and we will definitely take more steps to iron out these little “foxes”. Blessings!!!
v_orcullo
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Excellent luxury accommodation with spectacular views in the heart of Cebu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

This accommodation was simply amazing.

We stayed at the apartment for one week in January 2014 during the Sinulog festival. It was everything we expected and more. Everything you see in the photos, is exactly what the apartment was upon arrival. The apartment was very nice, clean and well-furnished. It had everything we needed, which seemed like it was our home away from home. We were a large group with children and were even provided with extra air beds and linen so everyone was very comfortable. It was convenient that each bedroom had their own bathroom and the kitchen/dining/living area was our favorite space to hang around and take in the panoramic view. There were even dvd's for us to watch and complimentary items for our convenience.

On top of the exceptional hotel-like stay, the location is right in the heart of Cebu City. With only few minutes walk to robinsons and the fuente osmena circle and mango avenue. And only a short taxi ride to the churches and bigger shopping centers, it was the center to everything. There were even a Jollibee, mini-stop and starbucks right next door to the apartment towers.

This was the prime location especially for the Sinulog festival. We could watch the parade right from the apartment. The audience grandstand was set up just outside the apartment towers where we spent the whole day watching the parade. The streets were absolutely jam-packed with people and all roads were closed so there was no transportation. We loved how we could watch the parade and be back home for a quick break the next minute. We were so happy how convenient that was for us especially with children!

Overall, we were absolutely happy we chose to stay at this apartment. At first, like the previous reviewers, we were a bit apprehensive about paying the full amount many months before our stay but we were very impressed by the pictures, descriptions and the sincere, genuine correspondence with Kevin and Sandy. We did not regret our choice! We didn't experience any big issues - just that we were meant to have housekeeping on weekends but did not due to the road closures, Sandy's team could not make it to the apartment during that period but it was all understandable - maybe just a note for the next Sinulog period :) Kevin and Sandy were very accommodating and helpful right up until our arrival and until the end of our stay. They were just a phonecall away. It was all very worth it and would definitely come back and stay here again!

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: What we saw here on trip advisor, is definitely what we got!
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
BJ159
Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely Place for City Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed in this apartment for 4 nights just before Christmas 2013. I must say I was apprehensive about booking and paying upfront some 3 months before our trip. One cause for concern was that all the previous 5 reviews were by people doing their first review! This seemed awfully suspicious to me. Still, impressed by the pictures I took the risk and made our booking.
Right from my first e-mail correspondence with Kevin and Sandy they came across as warm and sincere people. And this was confirmed when we actually arrived at the premises and spoke to them on the phone. We had no problems getting to the apartment from the airport as it is next door to the Crown Regency Hotel and Towers. The apartment was as shown in the pictures and well maintained. Unfortunately the washing machine had broken down and this was problematic for us as we were returning from Boracay with plenty of dirty clothes. Luckily there was a Laundromat on the ground floor and Kevin was gracious enough to pick up the tab for the washing. I would also add that there really ought to be a few more towels. We booked for 5 persons but there were only 4 towels. Even just 5 would have been too few for 4 nights stay. Perhaps this is something Kevin/Sandy could improve...:)
The apartment has a fantastic view all round, being on a very high floor. They have 24 hour manned security. A mini-mart and Laundromat is on the ground floor, swimming pool on the 9th, hotel next door, Robinsons shopping round the corner, Macdonald's KFC, Pizza Hut, everything is just a stone throw away. Casino, family karaoke, skywalk, pub with live band. And did I mention the 24-hr massage parlour next door with massages from US$3+ per hour? And if all that was not enough 8 pesos will get you to Ayala Mall from the jeepney stop just outside the building. A really good location.

I suppose one regret would be that we never did meet either Kevin or Sandy and only dealt with them on the phone or with their representatives. But this was the Christmas period and busy times for everyone. Perhaps next time! :)

4 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: the location, the view
Liked least: no washing machine! Shortage of towels
Travelling group: Teenagers
Families with young children
Management Response
7 Jan 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate sincerely your suggestion on how we can improve and be better in our conduct of business, thank you for taking time. We normally do provide enough towel sets according to the number of guests registered upon booking. In your case, my staff thought you were only a party of 4 pax--- We sincerely apologize and take accountability for the mis-information. And yes, we undertake to improve and be more efficient in this regard, for sure.

It would have been a privilege to meet your family. However I just arrived from my trip that day when we spoke on the phone and was still jet-lagged. Also, Kevin was sick during your entire visit and even until after you left. We regret as much not meeting you, like we normally do all our guests. We can only look forward to your next visit with us... And we promise to make it up to you!!! :)

Thank you so much for your trust and business. Blessings...
BryanStew...
Houston, Texas
“All the perks of a hotel with the feeling of home!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

I cannot say enough good things about our stay here. Sandy and Kevin went above and beyond what I could have ever expected in order to make our stay one that we remembered. Right from the beginning I asked them if they could prepare the master bedroom with flowers and wine and not only did they not hesitate, they made the room look so beautiful and romantic. Beyond that they were able to satisfy and arrange for our every request including day trips throughout the city and the beaches. They have many connections and were able to provide us with many great memories. The condo itself was fabulous too. It was just like you see in the pictures. So don't think you have to go to a hotel to get good service. If you are looking for a great place to stay in which you can still get service like a hotel I would highly recommend staying here.

Liked best: Great Condo and Great Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Angtsuen
“Everything was perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

The apartment was luxuriously furnished and the views from the apartment were stunning. The furnishings were classy and of good quality. The hosts, Sandy and Kevin, were friendly, hospitable and very accommodating. We would highly recommend this apartment. We would give it a perfect score. We had a basis for comparison because we rented another unit in the same block on the 15th floor. The 15th floor unit was spartan compared with this unit. Choose this one instead! You won't regret it!

4 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Location
A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: updated everything, location, nice furnitures, amazing view
Liked least: water pressure is little low in the bathrooms
Travelling group: Friends
Liked best: The view!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing