“Overrated”

Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2013

at the recommendation of a colleague, i tried the food here and it was extremely overrated--german sausage tasted like Virginia brand (wet market taste), the pot roast gravy tasted like instant broth--I definitely had palpitations from the MSG, the fries were chewy, not crispy, the chili/ buffalo chicken was ordinary, and the iced tea refills do not happen unless you call the attention of the waitress at least 2x. Perhaps i expected sooo much because instead of white wine mustard, I was given only the McCormick yellow mustard--all these in light of only 2 tables being filled up for lunch on a saturday..

There are newer reviews for Der Kaiserhof

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I now feel the need to come at least once a month to this place. If you are on a diet and have so called "cheat days", this would be the place to go as the portions are german sized. My wife usually can't finish her portion, so more than once a doggy bag might be in order. The food has always been excellent as well as the general feel of the establishment itselft. I recommend it to anyone who wants not to eat rice for a change (but they also offer rice of course)

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

A very nice surprise tucked away down a side street of Mango Avenue. Huge portions, really big! There is no need for starters or deserts which makes the meal very good value. Although by the looks of them the deserts are also huge. Lots of schnitzel dishes to choose from. A real find and definitely one of the better eating experiences in Cebu city. Cebu's only German restaurant so definitely worth a look. Recommended

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

The sausages were a big hit with the family, more so than the 2 different kinds of schnitzel that we ordered. Spag bolognese was also very good; while my husband can't get enough of their free appetizer and salad that went with our meal. Ambiance is excellent and food servings are huge as well :) However if you ask me and my family what the best part is? Its the excellent customer service! Even my 7 & 5 yr old kids are impressed! Now that's one very good reason for us to come back and plan our next trip back to this classy resto

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Just had as usual a great fun eve with my friends at der kaiserhof Restaurant we stop by after office hours since its very near to our office :-) (we do most of the time sharing since the portions are quite big.) we had pizza all meat, schnitzel with bell pepper gravy, Pasta and their T-bone steak.. wowowowowow its so good, the thing is we just know that the food and the service is always at its best! see you next monday DER KAISERHOF! :-)