Spent two nights here last April 2013. I have been staying here for the last twelve or so years, usually two to three nights for business trips to Cebu, about two times a year (except for the last three years). It had it's much deserved renovation/facelift about two years ago. So what has changed?
1. The rooms are still cozy as ever, the aircon is cool and silent. The beddings are clean and fresh. Of course you have a choice of smoking or non-smoking rooms.
2. The toilet/bath also has a new look. The old bathtubs were removed. In place now is a rainfall type shower. Wonder of wonders, they even upgraded the quality of bathsoap and shampoo.
3. The hallways are brighter.
4. The restaurant moved to a new location. Of course, the breakfast buffet is as good as ever. But I miss the grand piano. Where did it go?
5. Convenience-wise it is still tops. A department store and supermarket at the lower levels,lots of eating places nearby, and accessibility to downtown Cebu, Ayala Center and Tabuan market hasn't changed.
6. One disappointment is the WIFI. Connections are limited and weak.
7. Getting to the 4th floor lobby by car is still an adventure. You have to try it to know what I mean. Of course for the less adventurous, you can still use the elevators from the ground floor.
8. The great thing is it's tie-up with Cebu Pacific, its sister company. Present your boarding pass and you get a really big discount in room rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summit Circle Hotel is part of the Summit Hotels Group under Robinsons Land Corporation. It is a full service city hotel located at the heart of Cebu City in Fuente Osmena. With its prime location in the center of the business and tourist districts, guests and travellers will appreciate its accessibility to various shopping gateways, commercial centers, and other top local attractions.Formerly called the Cebu Midtown Hotel, Summit Circle Hotel continues to be at the forefront of the hospitality industry in Cebu. It lives the same spirit and tradition of good service while offering business travellers and tourists with refreshed and refurbished accommodations and facilities.Summit Circle Hotel provides quality accommodations for the smart traveler who appreciates value and excellence without the extravagance. It is also a preferred venue for small to medium-sized meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Summit Circle Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cebu City Midtown Hotel
- Cebu Midtown Hotel
- Summit Circle Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City