“Marvellous.......”
Review of Summit Circle Cebu

Summit Circle Cebu
Ranked #21 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Overall the hotel was very good, the reception staff were very helpful as was the floor manager who ensured that everything was Ok in my room which was both clean and tidy. The room had all the amenities that you would expect, the wifi reception was disappointing, but it was Ok in the reception area.

It was ideally located being in a Central location, the restaurant was good and had a varied menu.

All in a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: I was in a room at the rear of the Hotel but understood from my friends who were in the rooms opposi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian D

Reviewed 7 August 2014

the hotel location is so nice and good if you are planning to witness a sinulog festival in cebu city. it is located at the rotunda heart of the city. the room is newly renovated and very clean. and it is affordable if you show your boarding pass of cebu pacific airline. they have restaurant that offer local foods also. at the bottom of the hotel is the robinson mall. you can buy pasalubong and do not forget to taste the cebu lechon being served also the mall.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank limcontravel
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Spent three nights here in July 2014, because it was a last minute deal on Travelocity, and had a 3-star rating. The rating is inflated. Can't imagine a worse location for a vacation spot, full of vagrants, drug-pushers, and prostitutes. Didn't feel at all safe after dark. Restaurants around here were of the fast-food variety. All water-related activities required a 45-60 minute taxi ride to get to the beach.

The hotel has just enough finish in a few spots to show up fine in a photograph, but the general construction sags like a 10-year old inner-city mall. The drywall isn't straight, shows staining and leaks. The room smelled of mold when I entered and the noise from the street below, even on the 10th floor made sleeping difficult.

The shower in the bathroom gives you a slightly-warmer-than-warm shower, but certainly nothing approaching hot, even after the front desk sent an "engineer" twice to look at it. The shampoo and soap were low quality, and there wasn't a wash-cloth available. The toilet flushed poorly unless you held down the button for 30 seconds.

Breakfast was bountiful, and had a large selection of non-western foods plus some reasonable pancakes, an egg bar, and a few cereal options. The orange juice was Tang, not juice.

The gym had some older machines, but seemed to work. Same with the free weights--older but they were heavy, so I guess I can't complain. The pool was about 15 feet long, and 4 or 5 feet wide. Definitely not something to swim laps in. No hot tub.

Service was a mixed bag. When I asked for restaurant recommendations, it was all about the hotel restaurant. When I asked for other options, they only gave me the fast-food options that were close. They're hooked up with some tour guides for things like snorkeling and scuba diving, and I found out from my scuba-instructor that I paid about $80 more than he charges so they're making a nice cut of your excursions.

There is a mall below the hotel, which is good for a 20-30 minute diversion. Nothing very nice, but it's something to look at if you're bored between activities.

All that aside, Cebu the island, was amazing and I highly recommend it. I only did water based activities but I understand there are a number of nature-based options as well. Definitely worth the trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I am always in Cebu and choose this hotel for so many years. The service is good and the food is also good. There is a mall below the hotel and it is near hospitals. There is a small pool and gym that made me do my regular workout especially when I stayed there for a month. In front is Fuente Osmena Circle and you can jog there in the morning. It is the uptown so you can walk to any activities that you want for the day. The room is big for it's price that include buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose 10th to 12th floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Overall this hotel was okay, but I'm giving it a 4 because I loved the location that it was in the center of everything, the view was amazing and most of the hotel staff was very nice. This hotel is simply convenient! Close to everything so it made it easy for us foreigners. The drive up to the lobby was interesting, the planner who designed it... really did not want speeders, because the spiral up was insanely tight! It was amusing but who would do that!?! haha

It wasn't perfect because the room was okay, but it was just the bathroom that knocked it from a 5. It wasn't clean, the toilet seat cover was loose, there was no pressure at all from the shower. The rain shower had the worst calcium buildup I have ever seen at a hotel, and I work in hospitality! Our maintenance team would get written up for the poor job with this room. Maybe we just got a bad room and the pressure was low because the piping was poorly done, us being at on the 12th floor. We hated the bathroom! But maybe it was just the room we got. Bathrooms are big in my judgement, and our room's CR didn't cut it. I wanted to switch, but my fiance hates complaining because he hates gambling if there were any repercussions from a staff member we ticked off so... yea we were stuck with this room for 2 nights. It was livable so... okay. The other downfall was the the Wi-Fi SUCKED on the 12th floor, but I guess it was a price to pay for the great view: wifi & water pressure.

We may stay here again because of the convenience and price, but hopefully we will get a different room, or at least closer to the lobby floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edimimi
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed twice at the Summit Circle Hotel during a recent trip to Cebu. Our first stay was for 2 nights and our rooms were on the 5th floor. The rooms were ok except that we had a wonderful view of scaffolding from our window. My sisters had a view of a concrete wall from theirs.
On our second visit a week later our rooms were on the 11th floor and were much better. They were clean and the showers had hot water whenever we wanted to use them. The TV had a good range of channels, something for everyone. We had a view of the Osmena Fuente Circle and were entertained by the sight of the chaotic Cebu City traffic.
The restaurant was a little expensive. The Food Court in the Robinsons Mall on the floors below the hotel gave a great choice of different foods at cheaper prices.
The service was excellent. The staff were friendly, cheerful and very helpful.
The wifi connection was very poor.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the 5th Floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lunasa76
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The room is just ok. The airconditioning is so so, probably because its an old hotel. The bathroom can be improved, but the complimentary soap and shampoo should be totally replaced, kinda like using a detergent! The breakfast buffet was the worst I've ever had from too salty food to badly foodcolored ones...will not return unless completely necessary!

• Stayed: May 2014