“Satisfied”

Ranked #58 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Boracay
“Satisfied”
Reviewed 25 March 2008

I and my colleage happened to have a business trip in Cebu last March 2008. Our Travel Agency booked us in Rajah Park Hotel for 4 nights and 5 days. We thought that we wont be able to enjoy our stay because of the hectic schedule since we are also promoting hotels specially in Boracay. But during our stay we realized that inspite of our daily activities while in the business trip, we found the best comfort in Cebu especially in Rajah Park Hotel. I recommend this place not just because of their great location but the great service as well. Planning to go back to Cebu and stay with the same Hotel... I love the place and the Staff.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank rszed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed 24 November 2007

The hotel may have a bad name given its past incarnations' notorious reputation. The addition of a VIP casino does little to upgrade this.

Nevertheless, the location and the value are hard to beat. Breakfast is buffet style with fairly good variety. Service is both prompt and courteous. Robinsons Place Cebu, Watsons, and Shamrock are within spitting distance. Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu Doctors' Hospital and Hi-Precision Diagnostics will be more than capable to handle graver emergencies. And of course, several 24 hour massage/spa establishments are nearby. And a 24 hour Bo's Coffee ios just a 10 minute walk away.

All major credit cards are accepted.

• Liked — Location, value for money
  • Disliked — Night-time surroundings
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank 7107_Traveller
Seoul
Reviewed 28 June 2007

I stayed one night at this place, and I'd give it four out of five stars. The place was clean but not every room has windows. My bathroom was rather tiny, but hey, it was in downtown Cebu close to just about everything. I'd stay here again but I'd make sure I see the room before booking.

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Small bathroom, no window
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank pkim07
Reviewed 12 May 2006

i once stayed in this same hotel when it was still named Garwood Hotel a couple of years ago and i really regretted every single day i was there. I felt that most of the staff especially the roomboys and front door personel are just up to the tips that you give them. They are like alligators with their mouths open waiting for you to throw food to feed them before they would give you the service that you expect from them. I think the hotel owner doesnt even bother to visit his hotel to check on his business and staff. I swore to myself that i will not come back to this hotel after that experience BUT this year i had the chance to be back in Cebu for a business trip and had the problem again on to which hotel i would stay that is accessible to everything. i happened to pass by Fuente Osmena rotonda and realized that Garwood Hotel is already named RAJAH PARK HOTEL.
Out of curiosity and desperate to find a very accessible hotel to stay in, i stopped by RAJAH PARK HOTEL and asked the doorman why its name was changed and found out that the hotel is under new management which was pretty obvious by the "new look" it projected. It was a 360 degrees turn around from what it used to look like that it even tempted me to give the hotel one more chance to book myself...so i did.
Wow!!!! the hotel is like brand new. From the happy and friendly faces of their staff to the walls of their restrooms are all new. And the room rates are very affordable too, you should try it. and i also noticed that the new owner of the hotel is personally supervising his business thats why the cleanliness, effeciency and the accomodation is very personalized. Its the BEST UPTOWN HOTEL in Cebu. Price wise and Quality wise!!! Two Thumbs up!......if i was wearing sandals with no socks then it would be Four Thumbs up!!

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 March 2005

I just got back from Cebu a couple of days ago. I booked into Garwood Park. My gf told me to only book for a week in case I didn't like it. Well the first few nights was good, but afterwards the air went out. All the rooms were baking since no air was moving in them. My room faced the afternoon sun so I had to kepp the drapes drawn most of the time. It really got bad a few days later and mangement slipped notes under everyone's door saying they will help residents find other lodging for the night. I did book another hotel with the help of one of the the guys working security at Garwood (Rodell, thanks a lot). He even helped me to find a nice ring for my then gf (now fiancee). I guess that the saving grace for Garwood is the friendliness of the staff. And the food. It puts a normal continental breakfast to shame! Absolutely delicious. Usually you have a choice of 2 different rices and then 2 meats, a noodle(usually pancit cantonese) fresh fruit, juice water, coffee, or tea. Now you can askm for bottled watter, but it will cost you 40 pesos where they stock your fridge for 35pesos. and I think this could be an awesome hotel because it has excellent location near Robinson's Mall. A lot of Eateries and some shops. It has armed security as well as hotel security, and you almost NEVER have to wait for a taxi. I only stayed for 6 days then went to another hotel..

• Stayed February 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Reviewed 22 January 2005

reasonable price. plenty to do at hotel no need to leave for night life. The hotel bar is very nice and the Casino is extremely nice. Room was always clean and hot water every time i took a shower. I will difinitly stay here again.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member