“Very nice place to stay.”
Review of Rajah Park Hotel

Rajah Park Hotel
Ranked #53 of 90 Hotels in Cebu City
Oklahoma, USA
“Very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 12 May 2009

Wife and I enjoyed a nice room . The live band and food in the lounge was good and reasonable priced. The Robertson mall was close,and easily within walking distance. The room service readily available almost without asking.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank womchaser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Edmonton
Reviewed 5 November 2008

My wife & I came accross this hotel randomly. It was really fantastic! The location is great. Right in the middle of the city, close to malls and other hot spots. We stayed 2 nights, spent time in their casino (actually just a bunch of slots machines), we each got a 1 hour massage (which cost a total of $11.) Can't beat that price. They have a resturant/longue downstairs which had live music playing every night. The breakfest buffet was very good. Also had internet access & decent room service. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. All in all, we very had a very good stay at the Rajah and will stay there again on our next visit to Cebu.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank Kyle David B
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed 7 September 2008

In terms of excellent service, attentive and courteous staff, I will give 4 stars to this hotel. I have stayed here in 2006 and again just recently in June and at both times I stayed almost 2 weeks and I am satisfied and happy. The rooms are cleaned everyday, the buffet breakfast is good and also tastes good. Most important of all is that the price is very affordable. And also, the location is very convenient, it's very near Robinson's Dept store, money changers are on the sides of this hotel. This hotel is very good for short business trips, and in my experience, as balikbayans, who want to stay in a noise-free, clean and cold room without the snicksnacks of pools and big reception areas. This is a simple hotel but clean, has very courteous staff, the restaurant serves good and tasty food, the room rates are very affordable, transportation (taxis) are at the doorstep and the room airconditioning never conked out during all of my stay here. I will always stay in this hotel whenever I come back to Cebu City to visit my family and friends again.

• Liked — courteouss and helpful staff, clean rooms, silent and functioning aircons
  • Disliked — the reception area needs new and better furniture
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank GIECANETE
Boracay
Reviewed 25 March 2008

I and my colleage happened to have a business trip in Cebu last March 2008. Our Travel Agency booked us in Rajah Park Hotel for 4 nights and 5 days. We thought that we wont be able to enjoy our stay because of the hectic schedule since we are also promoting hotels specially in Boracay. But during our stay we realized that inspite of our daily activities while in the business trip, we found the best comfort in Cebu especially in Rajah Park Hotel. I recommend this place not just because of their great location but the great service as well. Planning to go back to Cebu and stay with the same Hotel... I love the place and the Staff.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
4 Thank rszed
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed 24 November 2007

The hotel may have a bad name given its past incarnations' notorious reputation. The addition of a VIP casino does little to upgrade this.

Nevertheless, the location and the value are hard to beat. Breakfast is buffet style with fairly good variety. Service is both prompt and courteous. Robinsons Place Cebu, Watsons, and Shamrock are within spitting distance. Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu Doctors' Hospital and Hi-Precision Diagnostics will be more than capable to handle graver emergencies. And of course, several 24 hour massage/spa establishments are nearby. And a 24 hour Bo's Coffee ios just a 10 minute walk away.

All major credit cards are accepted.

• Liked — Location, value for money
  • Disliked — Night-time surroundings
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank 7107_Traveller
Seoul
Reviewed 28 June 2007

I stayed one night at this place, and I'd give it four out of five stars. The place was clean but not every room has windows. My bathroom was rather tiny, but hey, it was in downtown Cebu close to just about everything. I'd stay here again but I'd make sure I see the room before booking.

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Small bathroom, no window
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank pkim07
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 May 2006

i once stayed in this same hotel when it was still named Garwood Hotel a couple of years ago and i really regretted every single day i was there. I felt that most of the staff especially the roomboys and front door personel are just up to the tips that you give them. They are like alligators with their mouths open waiting for you to throw food to feed them before they would give you the service that you expect from them. I think the hotel owner doesnt even bother to visit his hotel to check on his business and staff. I swore to myself that i will not come back to this hotel after that experience BUT this year i had the chance to be back in Cebu for a business trip and had the problem again on to which hotel i would stay that is accessible to everything. i happened to pass by Fuente Osmena rotonda and realized that Garwood Hotel is already named RAJAH PARK HOTEL.
Out of curiosity and desperate to find a very accessible hotel to stay in, i stopped by RAJAH PARK HOTEL and asked the doorman why its name was changed and found out that the hotel is under new management which was pretty obvious by the "new look" it projected. It was a 360 degrees turn around from what it used to look like that it even tempted me to give the hotel one more chance to book myself...so i did.
Wow!!!! the hotel is like brand new. From the happy and friendly faces of their staff to the walls of their restrooms are all new. And the room rates are very affordable too, you should try it. and i also noticed that the new owner of the hotel is personally supervising his business thats why the cleanliness, effeciency and the accomodation is very personalized. Its the BEST UPTOWN HOTEL in Cebu. Price wise and Quality wise!!! Two Thumbs up!......if i was wearing sandals with no socks then it would be Four Thumbs up!!

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business