This hotel is just one thing: cheap. And its only cheap if you don't buy anything but the room.
Some reviewers have said it has an "old world feel." Only if the old world in question is from the 1970's. It's not in terrible shape, but there's nothing noteworthy about it either. It just looks like it hasn't been renovated in 30 years - and judging by the locks, which are real locks with keys, it hasn't.
The room I got was pretty small. The Wi-Fi is pretty good all around the hotel though, as they have several routers positioned around the place. The air conditioner in the room was noisy, but effective. The halls are open air and thus not air conditioned.
Other than the room, everything is overpriced. If you buy a San Miguel in the bar it's 75 pesos, which is fairly expensive. If you buy it in the little cafe next to the reception desk, it's 100, which is ridiculous.
My phone's battery was dying and I had just given away my laptop, so I asked at reception if there was a place to charge it. I just needed a USB plug. Some hotels would see this as an opportunity to show their great service, but not this one. They told me the only place I could charge it was in their business center - for 100 pesos an hour. That's $2.50 at current rates.
Also note that in a country known for its hospitality and friendliness, the reception women were cold and unfriendly, and one particular person in the bar area (one who was grilling outside) was downright unpleasant.
Other than being conveniently located behind a low quality mall, there's nothing really good about the place. I was frustrated at every turn at reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst the bustling and active metropolis of Cebu City, the center of trade, education and business of Central Philippines, lies the tranquility and serenity of Montebello Villa Hotel. Montebello Villa Hotel is the only garden hotel within Cebu City located on a sprawling four hectare landscape reflecting the richness and charm of Cebu’s Hispanic heritage. It is the perfect blend for the business traveler and leisure traveler. A short distance to commercial establishments, business centers, shopping malls, churches and a golf course, with easy access to the historic beaches of Mactan Island and the Mactan International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Montebello Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montebello Hotel Cebu City
- Montebello Villa Hotel Cebu Island/Cebu City