Cebu Grand Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$59
US$49
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
US$169
US$53
US$44
US$47
Trip.com
All reviewsstayed one nightno windowfast foodinternet connectionricespacious roomcable tvbrekfastdoormannightlifehaharefoslob
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2011

An older style hotel in the middle of renovations, it was on the dark side. One elevator was out of service during our stay.
The friendly helpful staff made up for those flaws. They were very personable and always welcoming. They helped us out with taxis and room service when needed.
Buffet breakfast was included and there was a variety.
The bar served cocktails!
Our room, though older style was clean and well kept. We had to have our toilet fixed the first night there but they were prompt with it.
The location was ok, 5 mins by taxi to AYala, one of the biggest malls. The streets surrounding the hotel looked dinghy and we weren't game enough to walk around.
For a short hotel stay Cebu Grand is fine but if after a long relaxing stay, look to the resorts
I would stay there a short time

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Sabby01
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I have been to this hotel 3 times. It has changed for the better since the last time I was there. It has been modernized and the rooms are now up to standard.

The location is fine and the areas around pleasant. There are few facilities or restaurants nearby, so it is fortunate that the food at the hotel restaurant is good. Breakfast buffet is better than most hotels.

The business centre is very helpful. It is convenient for the things I needed to do, but it is not a top leisure hotel.

I would not stay there with someone else, but as a solo traveler just needing a base it is fine. [If I had my family with me I would have stayed at the Plantation. The extra money would be worth it for a holiday.]

That I've been there three times is an indication it suits my purposes.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank jamesguest2016
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I didn't actually stay at this hotel so I can't really comment about its services other than reservations.

What I can comment is the inflexibility of its staff when to trying to reserve a room there.

When I booked my accommodation through Agoda I mistakenly input the next day rather than my intended date later in January (note: Agoda defaults to the next day when you decide to make a booking).

I immediately realised my mistake and tried to reverse it. Unfortunately the booking was confirmed within minutes. I then contacted Agoda to see if they could fix my mistake, either changing the date or canceling my booking. Agoda were very helpful and contacted Cebu Grand to try to convince them of my honest mistake.

Cebu Grand were inflexible and refused to either change my booking date or refund any part of the total tariff . Yes, they were within their rights to do so, but it was an honest mistake which I immediately tried to remedy.

Just be very careful with Grand Cebu, obviously money is more important to them than customer relations.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Originally given a room at front of hotel but I asked to be moved because of noisy hotel contruction work still taking place at 10:00pm. Rooms are nice, and buffet breakfast has a large selection.

Wifi is a nightmare. you have to get a logonid and password that expires every 24 hours. The signal to the room is poor or non-existent. Every time the signal drops you have to login again.

The hotel is a 5 min jeepney ride to Ayala Mall, and 10 mins from SM.

Staff aren't that helpful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gregb1120
Reviewed 16 November 2010

The employees did a great job from the time Jonas greeted me on my arrival to the moment that Ivy checked me out. I was very satisfied with my stay there and will stay there every time I go to Cebu. Thank you Jonas, Rommel, Yogi, Driffus, Sarah, Dexsie, Cherry, Patet,Ivy, Iza, Arden, May, Jovelyn, Daphne, and anybody I forgot to name.

The rooms are big and well furnished. The location is ideal to get anywhere in the city: Mall, nightlife, tourist attractions. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The restaurant is quiet and romantic in the evening but the food isn't great. The gym is not in very good condition but it has enough equipment for a workout. Some of the machines are broken or outdated. The pool is nice but too small to swim laps for exercise. It's adequate for light swimming and to refresh yourself.

I went to Bohol Island to see the "Chocolate Hills" which was a waste of a day. If you want to see hills go to Tennessee. I also saw the Tarsia (smallest monkey in world) which is native to Bohol. It’s cute but it’s not worth the trip to Bohol just to see it. They sleep in the day so it's the same as looking at a photo of a Tarsia which you can see on line. Just Google it.

ALWAYS get a driver who speaks English and ask the price AND THE DISTANCE TO THE DESTINATION before you get in. NEVER RIDE A MOTORCYLE OR TRICYCLE ON BOHOL. They are small (110cc) and can't get up the hills in Bohol with passengers on it. We had to get out of the tricycle and walk up a hill in the rain because the motorcycle couldn't make it up with our weight (we weigh 225 pounds combined plus whatever the driver weighed.) They also go incredibly slow. Forget Bohol and just stay in Cebu city and go to the beaches nearest to Cebu.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple