“Cheap hotel”

and 1 more site!
Crowne Garden Hotel
Ranked #78 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Location is near the metropolitan area
Accomodating staff.
if your looking for a cheap place to stay, this is the place for you.
Rooms are decently clean.. but the bed is dusty.
I stayed in room 519 near the exit and it was so noisy at night. Wondered why..

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank reezuh25

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This drab excuse for a hotel is the worst example of what a hotel should be. Words cannot express my total experience. It has one, and only one attribute, it is CHEAP. The bed sagged badly, the TV was old CRT with universal remote that I could not figure out. Roaches. AirCon on its last leg. The Bathroom was full of mold and mildew, water leaked from the shower/tub onto the floor. Bath mat was ragged. No internet except in Lobby or Restaurant. Did I say restaurant, another dismal place, empty of people and empty of service. Avoid, avoid, avoid, unless price is your only objective. I stayed one night. I did show management the problems, a kid of about 25 said he was the Housekeeper.

Room Tip: Change your rooms as many times as it takes to have a decent sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank TheLoneARanger
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is probably the nicest place in the area for the price. It's right on Salinas located near everything you need. Walk up the road a bit and you'll find a great massage place, IT park, shopping malls, grocery stores, etc...

Stayed here for just a couple nights. They said that there is only internet in the lobby area but I managed to get a signal in my room, though I wouldn't expect it. Rooms were decent and service OK. They offer room service as well.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tim O
Reviewed 12 June 2013

NEVER BOOK THIS HOTEL. EXTREMELY TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
We booked with this so-called hotel for our trip last June 6-9. We chose this 'hotel' because of its location and price. PhP1500 for a superior room good for 3 people is very cheap. Besides, we will be out the whole day and we will only sleep for 5 hours the most anyway. We were supposed to check in at 10pm but our flight was delayed so we arrived Cebu at 12am, Friday June 7th. They said they will charge us for 1/2 day rate still or we can wait for 4am. We respected this policy so we left our things and went out to eat. We were so exhausted and irritated because of the terrible delay of our Zest Air flight so we went back to this hotel at 3am. In my nicest tone, I pleaded if we could go up to our room already. The front desk refused several times and said she couldn't override the system. It was only an hour difference and yet they don't even want to reconsider. We waited in their 'mosquito nest' of a lobby with horrible worn out couches for an hour before they finally let us check-in.
The room was very simple. Good enough for its price. But to name this place a 'hotel' is too ambitious. It is a pensionne house or an inn. The shower is clogged and the tub has stains and cracks. The toilet rug looks dirty and has thinned so badly, it's more like a rag. If there's any consolation, it's the fridge. It's not a mini-ref but a decent-sized fridge at that. We asked for pillows and they said they'd charge PhP50 per pillow per day. This is not a huge deal for me because for the price of the room, I knew they had to make up for in other things.
The worst turn-off that prodded me to write this review was when we had some left-over 'lechon' (chopped roasted pork) that we'd like to eat for dinner. We asked the kitchen if they had a microwave and if we could re-heat a plate. They said they do but they can't heat it for us because the food was not bought from them. Great customer service right? I really hope this place closes down. I know of inns who look exactly the same as this one but makes up for in customer experience. This one, sadly, has nothing to offer.

• Stayed: June 2013

Rooms: Spacious and clean, 10/10
Beds: Clean, large, and comfortable, 10/10
Pillows: Clean and comfortable, 10/10
Comfort Rooms: Classy for its price, 10/10

My short stay in Cebu was actually made complete by my comfortable and hassle-free stay in Crowne Garden Hotel Cebu. I'll definitely recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank gbs09288
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stay in this hotel once or twice a month since we travel a lot. We never have problems in terms of reservation and what time we will be arriving to occupy the room. The service is good.

LOCATION: It's in SALINAS DR. which is near IT park and AA barbecue. SO whether it be day or night, you know you can go out and grab a bite by walking or riding a jeepney towards IT park or JY square. The location is great. Just one ride to and from malls (SM or AYALA) and it's just a few minutes walk to IT park.

ROOMS: Basing on the price we pay, it's good. There's wifi (signal not too strong and disconnects most of the time), cable (tv is old school, not like the flat screen/lcd ones and remote control sometimes doesn't work), room is decent(just a place to sleep in), airconditioning is good. Don't get a room near an elevator or you won't be able to sleep the whole night. The room isn't sound proof so if someone on the same floor leaves the door to close by itself, you'll be startled, or someone walks by your door, you'd hear their footsteps.

COMFORT ROOM: The tub is too small. The removable/adjustable shower head in some rooms are busted. the heater for the water sometimes needs adjustment to work.

BREAKFAST: Just go eat some place else to have cheap breakfast with great taste and hindi bitin. Ordered bacon, 3 small strips which I can just put in my mouth altogether. Orange juice isn't fresh. Coffee is 3in1.

SERVICE: The front desk ladies should learn how to SMILE and be POLITE. They should also learn how to move fast as not all customers want to wait more than 15 minutes before they're entertained and wait another 5-10 minutes to get a room they already reserved. Room service is fast. The food for room service is pricey and not worth the money so just buy outside and bring it to the hotel to save money.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room near an elevator. Rooms aren't sound proof you can even hear footsteps o...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Awes0me_Planet
Reviewed 27 January 2013

C1 ( 2010 )
There is located in middle of city and near Korean restaurant, massage shop, fastfood restaurant. It have small front, restaurant and room is not good generally. but I have stay several times because of lower cost. This Hotel is not good, but I like here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends