A 5 star hotel that doesn't hurt your wallet. Stayed for 3 nights and we enjoyed our stay. Lovely location with a beautiful city view and cool breezy air.
What we love are:
* bed and pillows - so heavenly and will indeed give you a good night sleep
* water pressure is strong and water warms up fast but not too hot which I find an issue in other hotels
* food - Marco Polo somehow aced this one. Their buffet from breakfast to dinner is just terrific. El viento and ala carte meals are also good and prices are reasonable. I really loved their their truffle chocolate cake :)
* staff - very courteous and accommodating. Had no issues til I left earlier
* amenities - pool is great and gym has the things you will need already
Areas they can improve on:
* checkin - paying the very huge incidental fee. Caught me by surprise as I wasn't informed when my reservation was made online or when I called to confirm it. I dont want to use a credit card so I ended up walking to their atm to withdraw. Good thing it was just me checking in otherwise it would have been embarrassing.
* elevator - now this may seem funny but I didnt know how to use their card key when riding the elevator to my room. No one taught me and the instruction on the card and in the elevator is confusing. I wasn't alone as the next day on my way down a couple asked me why they can't press the 17th floor. Had to teach them how to use the key but it meant they need to ride along again going down. Marco should have someone assist clients who just arrived to avoid this confusion as it tends to be embarrassing sometimes.
* pool - I was alarmed to see no walls or anything that would guard children from probably falling down the cliff on the other side of the pool near the shower area. Yes there are lifeguards constantly watching but their eyes are not their all the time. Also the pool bed foam is itchy. They might want to use a waterproof foam as it dries easily and wont cause skin irritation.
- the pool is very cold even on a warm afternoon. Swimming at night will give you chills. Not sure why but maybe cause the hotel is situated how many feet above sea level. Also maybe change the lights of the pool to make it more lovely :)
* pool spectators - the nearby building being constructed, marco polo residences, have workers who use their free time to watch guest swimming. And its not just 1 or 2 but a lot. Marco polo owns that building so they should call the attention of these workers to respect the guest privacy
* gym - the gym instructor was just outside seating on the frontdesk. Which doesnt make sense. What's their use?
* Sauna - there is a P500 fee to use it. I was able to use both gym and sauna in other hotels so this definitely didn't make sense.
Sorry for the long review. Overall I enjoyed my stay in this 5 star hotel. Will definitely comeback soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City