Stayed overnight on a very short business trip. It is an old refurbished hotel (Cebu Plaza, now renamed Marco Polo) and it shows. The lobby is spacious but lacks seats for people waiting for cabs, fellow guests, etc. There is only one sorry looking table for 4 in the far corner of the lobby and the other tables are for marketing of their other property projects. Maybe hotel management can consider putting some couches in the huge space in the lobby for their guests, after all, isn't that what service related industries need to take care of?
The room was likewise spacious, with an easy flow and the air-conditioning works pretty well. Carpeting wasn't new, but clean enough. The bed was firm (which is to my liking), the pillows soft (which is NOT), and the beddings were only of above average quality. Wifi a little spotty, but since I'm on a pretty good data plan, it didn't bother me much. Furnishings were well maintained but not updated. Ample sized bathroom with an 80s feel tub over shower.
Dinner was catered by the hotel at the meeting place and was tasty enough. Nothing to write home about, though. Breakfast at Cafe Marco was adequate and the buffet will leave the guest spoilt for choice from local to western to Chinese and even Japanese selections. Had to ask twice for coffee, but no biggie for me.
The pool scene was a bit disappointing compared to one is led to expect in their website.
The hotel's location is rather isolated, but they have shuttle services which seem to run on a regular basis. I didn't make use of it, so I cannot comment on its efficiency.
The staff was warm and friendly enough and is actually a highlight of the hotel. Now if only they can improve on the lobby sitting and the seeming time warp it got stuck in, it would be a fantastic hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City