“... a home away from home ...”

Marco Polo Plaza Cebu
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Sydney, Australia
“... a home away from home ...”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Friendly smiles, "can do attitude", great and prompt service - all this and more - Marco Polo offered during my 14 days stay in June.

All boxes are ticked :
- Check IN and Check OUT - seamless experience
- The rooms are cozy, clean, love the bed !
- Responsiveness of staff to your requests and needs -
prompt and courteous
- Friendliness and helpfulness of staff - Cebuanos are known for
their hospitality towards local and international tourists and the
Marco Polo staff truly needs to be commended for this
- Ahhh ! the Buffet Breakfast ! - one not to be missed

Overall... a great experience !. My downside ? Reality bites and vacation time over :(

But then again... there is always next time.
Thank you for making my stay.. a home away from home..

Room Tip: Always remember: A shuttle bus is available to take guests to the malls. Make sure you ask for the t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mac2303
OnNivelHills, General Manager at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear mac2303,

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel property and for taking time to write a review about it here on Tripadvisor. Your delight of our accommodation, food and brand of customer service makes us happy. Fourteen days with us is ample length of time to truly observe the “Marco Polo Way” of hospitality and with your good word, we continue to be inspired to deliver.

We look forward to see you again on that next vacation in Cebu.
Cheers to the Land Down Under!

Hans Hauri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I knew I made the right decision the second my daughter and I walked into Reception Area. Front Desk Staff "Pie" made us feel welcomed with her classic Filipina smile. It was my first time to return to the Philippines after very, very long time abroad. Pie listened to every word I said as I explained to her I had no room reservation. We just "walked-in". She checked us in carefully explaining details of room charges for the night. She advised me to make an online booking to get a better room rate as I showed her something that I got on Trip Advisor while searching for a place to stay in Cebu. Luckily, that room rate was still available when I booked the room online for 3 more nights.

The Bell staff was courteous, while the room was spotless. Large 2 beds plus large bathroom and a desk with sitting area- I couldn't have asked for more! Oh, I forgot to mention about the quiet a/c!

I would like to give a shout out to wait staff Marilyn of Café Marco for an excellent job. Also I want to recognize bartender Robert of El Viento for an outstanding service at the pool side. And a couple of wonderful housekeeping staff on duty on the evening (between 2100H-2300H) of June 26th, 2014 at the 16th floor, also for fast and friendly service. These hardworking staffs are the kind of employees worth keeping and taken cared of.

From the Front to the Back-of-the-House, I would say I was very much impressed with the quality of service! Well done, Marco Polo Plaza, as I am now planning to return again in the near future.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back faces the mountains. Must get the Breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lovetahoe35
Dear lovetahoe35,

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Thank you for sharing a heartwarming review about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to know that we have made an impression on a guest's experience. It is inspiring.

Kudos to all our associates who made a difference by providing the finest of hospitality the “Marco Polo Way”. With this, we continue to be committed and happy to be of service to you all our guests.

Thank you for the shout out and the early plan to come back and stay at the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was put up here for work, every cab driver knows this hotel and most of the main hotels in Cebu, this one is a fancier of home business hotels.

It's up on the hill, so you're kind of stuck there unless you have a driver or grab a taxi. Only challenge with taxis for an early morning start (leaving 730/8am) is that taxis are scarce.

Regular shuttles to the major malls, however they start at 10am.

Breakfasts has good variety. Pool area is great.
Spa is unbelievably expensive! I got a massage for 990+12% php, and in the city you can get it for 300 at a nice spa!

It's expensive but if you're looking for something fancy and have transport then it's great!
I stayed 4 nights then moved into city hotel for the rest of the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AliciaPark
Dear AliciaPark,

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Thank you for making time to write a review of your stay with us and for giving us a perfect score in cleanliness, service and sleep quality. We also thank you for staying a good four nights, enjoying the food and other amenities such as the swimming pool amidst your business trip.

We apologize for the slight travel inconvenience you have experienced especially in the early hours from the hotel to the business district. Though, we provide free shuttle services on scheduled hours for the rest of the day to and from the city’s major shopping centers and business districts.

May we see you again sometime in the future.
Cheers to the Land Down Under!

Sagay City, Philippines
Reviewed 30 June 2014

There was always someone to open the door for any guest and everyone was polite.

We thought we just didn't know how to operate the tv, so we left a note (and a tip) for the staff to fix or set it for us. But they left a note in return that it was the cable company that was having a problem. We were hoping to watch the Brazil v Chile match, but didn't get to see it. Longer sleep for us, yey! The staff were honest enough to not take the tip. I wouldn't have minded them taking it though. They still did the turndown.

I just reviewed the email confirmation I received so I'm pretty sure I specified a room with double beds. I was given a king bed instead. Although we did initially mind because my female friend and I are not a couple, it wasn't really a big problem. I wish they'd be more accurate with the bed arrangements next time.

I got the room for only P2300 so I'm still happy with what I got.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ferdinand L
OnNivelHills, General Manager at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Ferdinand L,

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay experience in our hotel. We are glad to note of your appreciation of our quality of customer service especially in the aspect of friendliness, politeness and honesty. Thank you also for appreciating the price value that you have enjoyed from choosing to stay with us. We look forward to see you again in Cebu on that next trip!

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is my first time staying in this hotel but eversince I knew that this is 5'er. I knew that my expectations for a kind of hotel will be meet but the great staff was a bonus. Special thanks for Camille from reservations for being so patient with my booking. A big thank you to Hannah from banquet for a successful event (my Moms 70th bday) at the Manila room. My son loved the pool, the breakfast buffet was very good. The free shuttle bus every 2 hrs to Ayala and SM made our stay a very comfortable one. The staffs are friendly and very service oriented. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, single or couple, travelling with friends or with family, for business or for pleasure, I'm confident enough to say that you will really enjoy your stay at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Room Tip: choose not the side facing the main road, though the view is fantastic but early traffic sound somet...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stella R
Dear Stella R,

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Thank you very much for giving us a perfect score on value, location, sleep quality, rooms, cleanliness and service. Indeed, it delights us to know that you and the rest of the family had immensely enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you for choosing Marco Polo Plaza to be your home in Cebu on that trip and be part of your Mom’s 70th birthday celebration. With your good word, our associates Camille and Hannah, and the rest of the team are even more inspired to bring the best of the Marco Polo Way of service to all our guests.

Warm regards to you and the family. We look forward to see you again on that next trip to Cebu!

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We are 12 persons staying at this hotel and they give us good price, fantastic view and you can see the entire Cebu if you will to the Top hill. We had awesome breakfast men i cannot imagine! woowow! Well, they just prepared our breakfast "take out "for our trips to Oslob to swim with the Whale Sharks. Thank Cebu Exclusive Holiday Private Tour for making it possible and you are perfect butler to us! you treated us like a friend and care about our needs on that trips. I can recommend Marco Polo Hotel perfect for the City Tour also. Price are perfect, but yah you need to book it in 3 months ahead it is a good deal.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
OnNivelHills, General Manager at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear MinTan2014

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

It is such a pleasure to know that you and the rest of the group had a wonderful stay at our hotel property. Thank you for appreciating the price value that we have provided for your group, as well as your reception of the “Marco Polo Way” of care, and in your words, “treated us like a friend”. It brings us to become more inspired to deliver the best of our brand of hospitality to you, our guests.

For going out of your way to write a review here on Tripadvisor, thank you. We look forward to see you all again on your next trip to Cebu!

Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Yes there was. Two at that! I would really thank that front desk officer who handled our check-in registration for making sure that our king bed preference is met. Yay! Me and my boyfriend were so thankful we didn't need to sleep in different beds because we were informed prior that there might be a shortage of king beds upon check in. Another thing was that upon checking out, we were already driving away from the hotel when I noticed I don't have my phone in any of my bags so I realized I must have left it inside the room. So we hurriedly went back to the hotel. I panicked because we knew right after we got out of the room that housekeeping was going to come in and clean. So we just hoped that Marco Polo is as dependable and reputable as it was advertised and that employees are trustworthy too. Good thing there wasn't any trouble from the registration about getting back to our room and checking if my phone was still there. And good thing too that the housekeeping guy knew that a phone was left and informed us that it was on the table. And yes, it wasn't touched. Just where we left it. KUDOS to a great staff and a great hotel! We are surely going to come back and refer Marco Polo to anyone who would visit Cebu! Thank you! :D

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
OnNivelHills, General Manager at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Storm R,

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for finding time to quickly write a review about your experience with the Marco Polo brand of hospitality. Stories such as this, is a pat on the back.
We definitely look forward to see you again on that next Cebu visit.

Thank you for making the Marco Polo Plaza your home in the “Queen City of the South”.

Cheers!

Harolds Hotel
Harolds Hotel
#3 of 87 in Cebu City
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Been to Marco Polo Plaza Cebu? Share your experiences!