“i will stay here again this month even though they is some issues”
Review of Hotel de Mercedes

Hotel de Mercedes
Ranked #64 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Sulphur, Louisiana
“i will stay here again this month even though they is some issues”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

i stayed at the Mercedese in august of this year ,there is some issues like the girls at desk could be friendlier and the shower head could be changed to make it better but the biggest problem to me was the hard bed and the very small blanket or bedspread ,AND THEY NEED SOME STANDING FANS IN THE LOBBY ITS TO HOT TO ENJOY A MEAL FOR 100,00 US THEY COULD FIX THIS PROBLEM anyway if you stay here be sure to bring your blanket from home or go get you a couple little philipina cuties to keep you warm and maybe a eggcrate sponge for the bed to make it softer haha other than that i like the area was easy to find the girls in small discos and would take taxies to the mango area for more fun than i could handle .BTW I DIDNT SEE ONE BUG/ROACH IN MY ROOM AND I STAYED THERE 3 WEEKS AND HOUSEKEEPING WAS GOOD Anyway i will stay here again UNLESS THEY GO UP OVER 20,00 NIGHT THEN I WILL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Darwin NT
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

First time I ever stayed here will be the last time, the rooms are old and it smells of mould.
The carpets need to be vacuumed and they need pest control to kill the dust mites and rodents that lurk around.
During the day you will see the usual sights of Colon Street, people everywhere and many beggars, kids, adults single mothers you name it.
At night the streets come alive with young girls that strip half naked and walk outside near the hotel offering the service of extreme pleasure. Not sure if non elastic underwear turns anyone on.
Beggars that sleep on cardboard and kids that sniff glue.
I wouldn't take kids here or even your foreign partner as you will end up being exhausted from the smell itchy blankets and carpets.
The staff don't care as they seem like well whatever you like ma am.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Mestiza_inday

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Cebu City
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I checked in to this "hotel" four times (the first was a year ago, the next three was within January-March this year), each time choosing double accommodation. The price was cheap (P997) but is higher compared to GV Tower Hotel's (P875, I think) and lower than Cebu Business Hotel's (P1000-P1100).

There's free wifi access in the lobby and in the rooms I got, and I think those rooms located near elevators have the strongest signals. (GV Tower Hotel has wifi only in the lobby; Cebu Business Hotel requires you to buy prepaid cards.)

The cable TV has more channels and better reception than the other hotels I've stayed in (GV Tower Hotel and Cebu Business has about ten channels.)

The air conditioner is a bit noisy and smelled funny the first time you turn it on. It does its job well of keeping the room cool, though.

The beds, while soft, are old; the pillows small.

There's wooden furniture in the room: a small round table and two, three chairs.

There's a large closet, too, but I find them either dirty or unpainted or both. The last time I checked in (this month), I couldn't find any clotheshanger so I just used the chairs to hang my clothes on. I know I could've asked for those by calling the front desk but I didn't want to bother the bellhops who, while accommodating, were old (around 50 years old).

The restroom was problematic at best. One of the rooms I got had hot/cold shower but in the last three times that I checked in, only cold water came out. Drainage was a problem, too.

On the plus side, the hotel allowed early check-in at 4am. Other hotels have this at later times, usually 6am (Cebu Business Hotel, for example).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Borjstalker X
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed here in 2011. In 2012, I stayed at the Cebu Business Hotel and wrote a review.

While walking by the hotel in 2012, I noticed that some part of the lobby had been renovated. Although I didn't go in, if this hotel gets a well-deserved renovation, it will be a nice hotel.

My room was LARGE ... in fact, it was at least 2 times the size of my CBH room. And that alone would make me reconsider staying at the Mercedes.

The mattress was old and lumpy, pillows were beat to death in another century.

The staff was friendly, and provided me with a LOWER rate than I had agreed to via email. That was a unique touch that I never forgot.

The location is very close to the corner of Osmena and Colon. There are a few internet shops, small sari-sari (convenience) stores, and a few other things nearby.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I was at the Mercedes Hotel several years ago as I stopped to see a friend. It had old furniture and the beds were saggy and bad for a traveler's back. Oddly enough the showers were generally okay. But, when I came back in that evening, I was surprised that probably one of the the cleaning crew (it was a male crew) had used my nice, clean, high-tech razor. I could tell as it had not been cleaned very well and the hair was dark and thick in the razor. At night, if you wanted to go to bed before 1:00 a.m., it was rough to get to sleep as an in-hotel band played on and on. The only thing that I can say discreetly was that I was able to get a pretty good massage at the time, although I had to convince the (female) masseuse that I really DID ONLY want a massage and nothing special. But, the massage helped me get to sleep. The hotel is by the Carbon Market, which when I first saw it at night at 10:00 p.m., I thought it was the entrance to Hell, it was so depressing a place. The hotel beakfast was so-so with nothing special in my mind, although I ate the ham and eggs and toast, since I was thin and hungry. The staff was generally polite to me and called me "Boss", something which I don' necessarily like, but I will take that call compareed to a lot of other names. There were people who did refer to me as "Sir", to be sure. I think that there are better places to stay in Cebu City, but if you are on a low budget, you might have to think about staying there. Again, it near some of the dicey and rough spots in Cebu, so expect to see a part of human nature that is at its worst.

Room Tip: Always insist that there has to be a better supierior room than deluxe, which is just two single bed...