Hotel de Mercedes
Cebu Grand Hotel(Cebu City)
US$53
US$84
US$76
US$58
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
US$212
US$169
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 February 2010

This is a budget hotel located downtown. I didn't expect "the Ritz" but this one was bad even by "budget" standards. The bathroom was grimey, there was no towels (I had to request them from housekeeping), and there was no hot water. (I later discovered the hot water had been turned off under the sink. I turned it back on.) The staff were either poorly trained or just unenthusiastic to the max (giving them undeserved tips improved the quality of the service a little). The simple restaurant food was way overpriced, overcooked, and tasteless. Oh, and did I mention that that there was a tatoo parlour opening off of the lobby? The only positive thing that I can say is that my room was amazingly large and well furnished. I suspect that this use to be a nice hotel but has been allowed to deteriorate.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank lindamae10
Reviewed 17 January 2010

Just 2 nights at the Diplomat at end of my Trip. Was clean an comfortable, service ok. Hotel needs money spent on makeover - looking old, but very clean. Security presence and Hotel safe available for travel docs like Passport/Cash/Air tickets etc. Staff were polite and professional

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank the2ndhasapulse
Reviewed 12 March 2009

I was in the Mercedes for about 15 times last 2 years. I like it because I want to live between the locals. If you want to sit between locals forget the dollar priced hotels (aimed at foreighners) and look for max 1000 Pesos hotels like locals do. The Ausie who states "stay away" - I had wors hotels in Australie (Darwin/Melboarne) for 100AUD!.
Indeed,a hotel with local standards, just a little water out of the shower and if you are lucky its warm water. The "Disco" outsite (on the south) is just another Bikini Bar which you will not hear if you turn on the Aircon. Cockroaches walk on the street (Visayas is a dirty area) and if they are in the room thet come along quick to cath them. But Hey, its the nicest City and Hotel if you Like 24 hours Pinoy life. If you are freindly smilling Colon is the safest area. Most tourist stay in the Fuente Osmena area which is dead (and unsafe) at night. If you want absolutely nothing to do with the Philipine life hop indeed in a resort at Mactan Island (15 mile from Dowtown Cebu), stay in good/cheap aircon taxis, go to aircom Malls and Aircon Bars/Clubs. If you can handle FUN the Pinoy way (thats just look to the good things in life) stay at Mercedes in Colon(= downtown Cebu)

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank andre44
Reviewed 20 January 2009

I first stayed at this hotel 15 years ago, and became friends with the owner. A very nice man who took me to his country club to play golf. He knew his business, and was good with people. The new owner, the nephew, is nowhere as good with business or with people, and the hotel is mismanaged, has bad housekeeping, the rooms are falling apart, and I would not recommend it to anyone, except to the ownwer/manager to stay at his own place to see how bad it is.

Stayed: November 2008
7  Thank Freded
Reviewed 19 September 2008

funny because were all excited to stay in this hotel but only to discover that this hotel had poor lighting, the shower was not good, the hot was not functioning anymore, the seat cover of the bowl in the CR was detached, were not sure if the beddings were freshly placed because my companion felt itchiness, she was so sensitive to dust, lastly the aircon was not that cold anymore, you have to wait for hours to feel coolness in your room, but all in all, its okay, were safe.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank maybe734