“good hotel”

Ranked #78 of 90 Hotels in Cebu City
kuwait
“good hotel”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

good hotel but expensive do not use Landry service is so expensive go out side find landry

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Billings,Missouri,
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I had studied online for places to visit and stay for my first trip ever to Philippines. My trip lasted 42 days in the Philippines starting at Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines. I booked a long stay rate online with Crown Regency Hotels in Cebu City, initally staying at the Guadalupe laoctaion from March 10th through March 19th. I had selected a superior room for my stay. The location was one of 3 hotel locations operated by Crown Regency Hotels management. The room was great, quiet and always clean. The restauraunt was very nice and staff was always at your beck and call. The pool area was very private and wonderfully decorated, right next to the first floor restauraunt. The hotel staff were very nice and accomodating.

After a week of being in Cebu, realized that the downtown Crown Regency is closer to many activities that I wanted to experience. The hotel staff had knowledge that my first week was intensive dental work with local dentist, Dr. Lynette Chu located in Chinese Chamber of Commerce Building downtown. The friendly hotel staff/waiters took the iniative to introduce me to the visiting management team from the downtown Crown Regency, Mrs. Mayet M. Belarmino-Ocarzia, during a staff meeting/visit. She said that my dentist office was much closer to the downtown Crown Regency location ( 5 blocks away ). She said for me to consider moving to the downtown hotel at Osmena Circle, as I could also enjoy a long stay rate, but be closer to not only my dentist office, but many other tourist/downtown attractions.

So, I did make the move to the 45 story hotel downtown for about 11 day stay. Food there was also great, had room on 10th floor, right outside swimming pools on the 9th floor. The hotel staff there was very efficient and catered to my needs. I utilized their Shuttle Van for many trips. This location was just 2 blocks from downtown Robinson's Shopping Mall, which was very convenient for me at many times, booking flights on Cebu Pacific Airlines, shops, grocery store, and many restauraunts in that mall. Just 3 blocks away were both a MacDoanald's and Jollibee fast food restauraunt. The 22nd and 23rd floor of hotel had a buffet style, Chinese restauraunt that made evening dining superb, with about 80 food items to choose from and fresh fruit too.

I will use the Crown Regency again in all future trips to the Cebu City, Cebu area. They are so friendly, felt as though I was among old friends at all times. Thanks for the good service during my stay----all personnel at both of the 2 locations.

Glen Alan Hancock, LTC, AUS ret.
Billings, Missouri 65610 USA

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank glenhancock
Kongsberg, Buskerud, Norway
Reviewed 6 May 2012

asked the manager to help me with my engagement, she did what I requested and made it extra special. SO if anyone there need some help regarding surprises or parties, I recommend you to talk to their day time manager. i think she is very capable in making great things even greater.

BTW. you will never get bored in this hotel, 4D? shooting range? sky? gym? etc...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Got the hotel on a promo back last year. the weekend getaway package cost me aroung 4k. it was an overnight stay plus the sky rides included! Had one of the best buffet from their sky lounge.. a lot of international food to chose from. It was really worth it! :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We have received good reviews on this hotel and as we needed a last minute place to stay, we book this place for two nights. As soon as we stepped out of the cab, there was an underlying smell of canal / pee outside of Tower 1. When we checked in, the smell was even more evident as we went further up the lift and the 19th floor where we had to change elevator to go up to our 30th floor room.

As we checked in late, the room didn't smell of anything which we thought was a good consolation. But first thing in the morning when we woke up, the canal / sewage smell crept up on our room ventilation that it was sickening and we complained immediately. The reception was "helpful" with their generic response of sending a cleaner or engineer to check it out. We thought we'd check in other towers where the smell wasn't so strong or evident. We said we want to be transferred to a different tower and they refused us due to the rate we paid. Ie, discounted rate from Asia Travel means you get the worst rooms of the lot more like it. There was nothing we can do about it and the following morning (our date of checking out), we felt disgusted of the smell that seems to come out to greet us first thing. We complained to the manager and they said there was nothing they could do. Needless to say, I would advise anyone from booking this hotel. It is worth paying extra more with Marriott, Radisson Blu or Marco Polo / Waterfront if you want a hotel by Cebu.

Room Tip: If you insist staying here then book Tower 2 or Tower 3. I don't think the sewage / canal smell...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Babydoll_Nexa

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Manila
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Price:
Got this through asia travel and it's cheap for 3D2N.

Location:
It's convenient to everything.
A spa right next door that offers cheap thai massage.
A grill house near the building.
Near a well-stocked supermarket.
Near to places for must-eat in Cebu (walking distance)
Mooon Cafe
Casa Verde
Zubuchon
Golden Cowrie
Larsian
Easy access to taxi cabs.
It has a nice view of cebu city. One side gives a view of the mountains and the other of the sea.

Room:
The room was clean. Sheets were clean. Bed is comfortable. TV has cable. Plenty of closet space for 3D2N. Comfy chairs. Spacious room for 4 people and a kid. All glass window in the entire wall. Nice lighting. wide desk. Coffee and tea set available. Cordless kettle convenient for family travelling with babies who need to sterilize bottles.

T&B
Shower and faucet switch in the bath was not working. Shower mode only. The floors are slippery. Dangerous to young children when wet. So-so toiletries. Moldy shower curtain. Bathroom fixtures with residues.
Hair dryer is provided. Big bathroom mirror. Bathtub available, High water pressure. Nice bathroom door.
BROWNISH towels.

Room Access:
You need to transfer to elevators from room 20th and above. o_O
Wide walkway leading to the room. Mini lounge area right outside the elevator.
Expect crowded elevators on weekends/holidays. For a building that high they should have spacious elevators good for 16-20 people.

Facilities:
Lots of facilities... edge coaster, skywalk, sky adventure, mini-golf, club, casino, restaurants, bar, fitness pool, family pool, game room

Staff:
Staff at the front desk are ready with a smile. There are about 3 to 4 at a time ready to
attend to you. Sometimes requests could take time to accommodate probably due to elevator traffic. Concierge is very helpful.

Some complaints:
We were first put on the 16th floor. In the afternoon, there was some rework on-going nearby and then the smell of paint started to seep in the room. The front desk ask the housekeeping to check out the "smell". The housekeeping arrived with some room freshener o_O. I told him it will just mask the paint smell and we will be inhaling the paint smell the whole time. It is I who suggested the room transfer by this time it was 11pm already and we are all tired but we have to pack our bags to be able to transfer.

Overall:
I'd stay here again for the price they offer.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from noise sources. I personally love the rooms with view of the sea. Check the fi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank I_Am_Gretchen
Philippines
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed here with my sister for 3 days and 2 nights.The best thing in this hotel is the location since it is located near Robinsons mall, bar and restaurants, downtown area and tourists spots like the Magellan's Cross. If you just want to hang out in your hotel when you travel, you will the not get bored staying here since there are a lot of activities and amenities. To name they have the cafe and lounge, outdoor pool and aqua fitness pool, 4D theater and vivo playzone, restobars, disco cafe, chinese restaurant, gym, library, Tower salon, family recreation center, Spa, Shooting Range and 24-7 Quickmart. You can try their Sky experience adventure.like the Skywalk extreme,sky bar and observatory, edge coaster, Paramount climbing wall,cliffhanger, tower zip and sky lift and VertEx.

Our disappointment.
We registered at the 19th floor of Tower 2 as guesst. Our room was on the 11th floor. Unfortunately, we can only see buildings from our window. The Executive room was big and clean but we noticed that the furnitures were old and the TV was not flat screen. The bathroom was small and old looking. The faucet needed to be repaired. Towels were kinda worn out and old. And to think this is a five star hotel.

But somehow the staffs were friendly and accommodating and we did enjoy the pool and their pool's hydro-massage seats.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family