We recommend this place with a lot of reservation.
We always check in Crown Regency whenever we visit Cebu because of its convenient location and facilities. It has Starbucks in the lobby and McDonald's next door. It's within walking distance to fruit stands, restaurants, pharmacies and convenience stores, Robinson's Department Store and Robinson's Cybergate Mall around Fuente Osmena park. This is a good thing because food in the hotel is blah and overpriced.
Because it's on the main street it's very easy to get a jeepney or taxi ride to the pier, downtown Cebu, the Ayala and SM malls, and airport (even at ungodly hours). The security guards are very helpful in hailing taxis. We have a young son so the swimming pool and jungle gym are added bonuses.
We are dismayed however to observe how quickly the place is showing signs of wear and tear in just three years. There are scratches on the furniture, for example. This is obviously due to the busloads of Asian (most Taiwanese) tourists that come in daily. The top floors of the hotel offer "Sky Experience Adventures" which is its major attraction. Due to this the teeny lobby is always crowded with guests and their luggage. Good luck trying to get attention from the front desk. Luckily the concierge staff are often on hand to assist. There are signs requesting non-guests to use the elevators in the other building, but people often ignore this, and as a result the two elevators are always busy and full.
The quality of service has gone down, too. The area under the beds are thick with dust. And, yes, there are bedbugs. Unless we personally ask the housekeeping staff we are often left with only one fresh towel. There's a fridge, but it's empty -- fortunately you can buy soft drinks, beer, wine, instant noodles, chips, toiletries, and more from the convenience store in Tower 2.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From any point in Metro Cebu, whether day or night, one can easily spot the tallest hotel building in the country, Crown Regency Hotel & Towers. The flagship property of Crown Regency Hotels & Resorts stands at the heart of Metro Cebu where it dazzles the people below with its signature colorful lights outlining the 48-story building. Built with the vision of being a one-stop shop destination within a destination, this 4-star property features world-class health & wellness and entertainment amenities, 389 lavishly furnished guest rooms and suites, and sumptuous dining outlets. The hotel also features function rooms which can accommodate up to 600 guests. Home to the world-famous Sky Experience Adventure, this hotel is truly a must-see attraction for all guests and tourists alike. Enjoy the world’s first and only Edge Coaster ride, designed to give brave adventure enthusiasts an unmatched 360-view of the entire city. Catch a thrilling ride from one building to the next with the world’s first urban zipline or enjoy a nice walk from 37 floors high on the Sky Walk Extreme The hotel is conveniently located in close proximity to the city’s major commercial hubs and tourist destinations, and is only an hour’s car ride away from Mactan-Cebu International Airport. When you stay at Crown Regency Hotel & Towers, you’ll never want for more. Tour options are available at the Concierge. Airport pickup and drop off are available. Check-in time is at 2:00PM and check-out time is at 12:00noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crown Regency Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Regency Hotel And Towers Cebu
- Regency Cebu City
- Cebu City Regency
- Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu Island/Cebu City