“Great hotel”

Crown Regency Hotel & Towers
Ranked #77 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The hotel experience was great. We've stayed there for 3d/2n. And since the hotel was so big, they have a lot to offer. They have many recreational facilities you can use and make yourselves occupied when you don't feel like going outside the hotel. The room where we stayed was nice, big and totally clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Crown Regency Hotel & Towers

Reviewed 24 August 2012

They offered a promo via group buying online. I didn't hesitate anymore because my friend and I will be going to Cebu and one of our "must-trys" is the Sky Adventure.

When we got there, the reception area was in chaos. There were so many people and it is so noisy and crowded. However, we were able to check-in smoothly but it just took some time to get on the elevator because of the people.

When we reached our room, it was okay. It was very spacious but it needs cleaning or changing. Like the curtains, they didn't look that clean. And as for the bathtub, it is starting to chip off. But for their beds, it is very comfortable.

What annoyed me was the service of their Glo Cafe. The accommodation that we purchased came with free breakfast buffet for two. Since my mom picked us up the following day, I decided to treat her for breakfast.

I politely asked the waiter how much does it cost for an additional buffet plate. He said that it cost P500. It sounded reasonable since they offered a lot of variety. Other than that, my mom is already a senior citizen so she can avail discount. But the waiter told me that they don't accept senior discount which was kind of weird. I didn't argue anymore.

When we checked out. I was surprised that the deposit money of 2k that they asked upon check-in was still complete. I thought they already took the additional buffet that I ordered. I told them that I ordered additional breakfast for my mom who is a senior citizen. The receptionist INSTRUCTED ME to go to their Cafe and coordinate with them.

OMG! I was honest enough to tell them that they did not charge me extra and they want me to do it myself? their guest? Can they not call them and verify? Anyway, since we were in a hurry, I went to their Cafe and explained what had happened. Apparently, no one took down my order which is fine. But since my mom was a senior, they need to photo copy her I.D. Well, another annoying thing just happened, the two waiters were pointing at each other, deciding who will photo copy the I.D.

My patience was gone. I shouted at them. I said that maybe, just maybe, they could speed it up a little since we still have other places to go to and it is almost lunch time.

I can't believe how unprofessional they treat their guests. If it wasn't for the Sky Adventure thingy, I wouldn't avail the promo. I just thought that it would be LESS HASSLE since we were already in the same place but I was wrong. My suggestion, try other hotels instead. Anyway, the Sky Adventure and other sports activities are open for everyone even if you are not a guest of their hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

If your looking for an exclusive hotel with a relatively quiet atmosphere this is not for you. I'll start off during my arrival. Check-in was fast, I gotta give them that. I was ushered to my room in 15 mins-- not bad. The room was ok. It was decent enough for the price. It was spacius.

What I didn't like was the toilet itself. Their toilet is from the typical type of toilet used in public. I'm a freak for the restrooms. It's one of the things I look at either when I check-in or eat out. Their heater was bad. The hot water only comes out after 15 mins when the shower was turned on. The towels were a bit old and in need of replacement. There was a stain on the bed sheet on the bed. The tv was bad, sorely lacking of channels. But I guess the worst in the hotel is the elevator. There was no point in their elevators working with key cards since the 19th floor is open to public, practically anyone can ride the elevator and just drop by any floor. The whole floor map is confusing! I got lost while looking for the spa.

I guess what this hotel needs is maintenance. All my complaints stemmed from their lack of quality control.

If your looking for a hotel where you can lounge around and relax, this hotel is not for you. There are lots of people from all walks of life walking around. There are smells everywhere. If your looking for a decent hotel to spend the night with a decent price, this is ok. But I recommend to find another hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors for a great view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel together with my family using a groupon voucher at P2500 per nite plus 2 buffet breakfast. We stayed for 3 nights. I am very much disappointed with this hotel. Checkin is very slow.

Our room at 1707 has very poor air conditioning system. The room is warm and will not cool down. the air conditioning system along teh elevator hallway is way much cooler compared to what we have in our room. The towel provided is only for 2 pax and one face towel. When I requested for an extra towel, I was called back by the front desk to inform me that I will be charged for the extra towels. So in my disgust, I hanged up the phone. In a little over 15 minutes, a bellboy knocked on my door with the 2 towels I requested. i thought they decided to give it to me for free but the bellboy has receipt for me to sign which indicated P260 for the 2 towels per night. I turned him away and told him I don't need them any more. Good thing, we brought extra towels of our own.

The room does not have wifi access only in the lobby. The room is provided with data cable for wired internet but when I checked the internet port, there is no LAN port installed so how can you use the cable?

The room lighting is very dim, so during night time it is really very difficult to look for things on your makeup table. Note that toilet room is also not very clean. When we checked-in our rooms, the corner stand lamp is unplugged, including the small refrigerator. To plug in the refrigerator, you need to pull out the unit and crawl under the table to be able to gain access on the power outlet. I am not sure if this was intentionally unplugged by the hotel to save on energy consumption.

Elevator is very slow for a very busy hotel. I overheard form the desk manager that the hotel is fully booked when I checked in.

The buffet breakfast is so-so. The food tastes are bland. They are very slow in refilling the empty plates. They have a congee counter where the queue is very long and the bad thing about that is they don't have enough bowls available for the congee.

We visited the open deck pools on the 9th floor. The pools are ideal for kids. Nothing to worry as far as safety is concern as there are several guards guarding the pools.

The only nice thing about this hotel is the sky adventure on the 38th floor. Other than that, I will not recommend this hotel if I have to pay their advertised rates of P4500+++ per night.

Tips: Book only for 2 PAX but the room can easily accomodate 4 pax or more. The room has twin Queen-size beds. The beds can also be converted to extra one more bed if the top bed is removed since the lower bed is also soft and cushioned. Guests and customers come in and out of the hotel, so sneak -ins is definitely possible.

Room Tip: There is separate elevator for those staying up to 19th floor and the other one for higher floors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank virstud
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My husband and I asked for a room; and the front desk staff, simply charged us what turned out to be a rate that was much higher than necessary. Without our knowledge, the staff included dinner and some kind of a sky walk, both of which we had no use for, as we had other plans for the night.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2012

my family and i stayed there in the month of july for three days, we got two rooms with an amazing view night and day!
we got free breakfast and the food is very fancy. On the first day they offered us a free dinner buffet which was really nice since there was seven on us, the food was international like japanese, chinese, filipino and italian.
The sky experience adventure there is Edge Coaster and Sky Walk, they allow a free ride per person so we got seven free rides since my grandmother and grandfather didnt want to do it so it was just my sister, my dad and I, also the souvenir pictures are very expensive i think it was 500 per picture but the pictures are worth getting. my sister and I also did the 4D Theatre which i thought wasnt that good since only two movies were available (haunted house and aliens) and there little theatre was quite cold it gave me goosebumps
Crown regency is just a walking distance from a mall called either Ayala or Robinsons also theres a shop called 24/7 just outside crown regency which is very convenient if you want water or crisp at night.
The staff are very nice and welcoming although i think there are too much waiters because half of the time there're just talking with their friends.
I would recommend all ages to go there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed at the Crown Regency Towers for a week. The room was very spacious, clean and quiet, with two comfy king-size beds. Very good breakfast buffet: fresh fruit, sweets, cereal but also philippino style choices. Service was excellent, lots of assistants everywhere. Swimming pools were very clean, but they are in a terrace on a very high floor, so it's a little noisy because of the traffic in the streets and building work in progress. The gym really needs some improvement. This hotel has a certain air of once being the most luxurious hotel in Cebu, but some of the facilities look old or are closed. But all in all, if you get one of the special offer packages, it's good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple