“Family visit”

Ranked #75 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Battle, United Kingdom
“Family visit”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent three days at this hotel with the family, service and food very good the views from the top floor were spectacular, but to get there first you have to pay a refundable fee, and go through security check which seemed a little strange, but there again nothing suprises me in the Philippines anymore

Room Tip: Choose views over the pool
2 Thank Terry F
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Terry F,

Thank you for this brief but insightful review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with our service and our food, along with the beautiful view of the cityscape from the top floors of our hotel.
Regarding the security check, however, rest assured that we are only keeping in mind the safety and security of our guests, especially because the top floors of the hotel (with the viewing deck) is open to public, and not only hotel guests. However, we will try looking into more convenient and efficient ways for our guests, because here at Crown Regency we are continuously seeking to improve our system and service to ensure utmost customer satisfaction.
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the Philippines.

Best regards,
the Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Horrible!!! MY husband and I live and work near the airport in Mactan. So from time to time we like to go to the city and get a hotel room for the night. We have a particular list of needs for us to pick a hotel and we are willing to pay for them. 1. Good Air Con, 2. A good bathtub, 3. good bed. I was let down in all of these areas. Air Con never got really cold, bathtub was nice and deep, but the water was barely lukewarm so my long awaited and desired hot bath was not possible. The bed was decent, but my husband and I had to sleep in separate beds. Other things that sucked was....We could never get to the roof top. Anytime we asked how to get to rooftop bars, they said the were closed and directed us to a sadly empty 50's cafe. We had the buffet at the Chinese restaurant which was ok, but terribly over priced for what is offered. There was this horrible smell in the lobby and 19th floor in tower 2. I don't even want to get started on how unhelpful and rude the front desk women are. How horrible the elevator system is, and then they give you this Hotel Guide...which is about useless. Then to add one last jab before leaving.....We are told upon check out to hand our exit ticket to the guard on the way out. The officer walks us out to hail us a taxi. I was thinking "great a security guard to make sure our taxi driver understands where we are going and starts the meter". WRONG!!! The security guard then opens the door and says "700 peso to mactan" at this point i am raging mad!! . of course we tell him NO, we live here, we are not tourist, we know it is only 200 peso to Mactan!! whether we are, or we are not tourist. The fact that the hotel is allowing this is horrible. I can get my own taxi. SO all in all I definitely suggest not wasting your hard earned money on this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hollyz83
Dear Hollyz83,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Secondly, we would like to extend our deepest and sincerest apologies for what transpired during your stay with us. We regret being unable to reach your rightly held expectations from our hotel, and rest assured that we will be looking into your comments very seriously so as to improve on our weak areas. We apologize for the air-conditioning and the water conditions in your room; perhaps if you have the time, you can message us on Facebook or send us an email at crownregencyhotels@yahoo.com.ph regarding details such as room number, so that we may address this issue properly. We apologize as well for the mishap of the separate beds.
Thirdly, we would like to once again express our sincerest apologies for whatever rude treatment you received from our Front Desk staff. Rest assured we are currently addressing this problem.
Lastly, we are currently investigating the issue you mentioned regarding the taxis and our concierge staff because to our knowledge, we do not allow such unfair practices. We will surely be looking into this.
We deeply regret that we could not turn your experience around while you were still with us. We thank you for this review, as it will certainly help us in our efforts on improving customer service.

Kind regards,

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Iloilo Province, Philippines
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We are a family of five with three children below twelve years old. We checked in at Crown Regency Tower 1 just this summer. Our check-in time took less than ten minutes but it was hassle-free as we arrived at the hotel at around seven o'clock in the evening. The hotel reception area and lobby was quite minute as the place seemed busy. Anyway, we were received properly and was assisted to our room immediately after check-in.

We took a corner suite room with two adjoining queen-sized beds. The room was not spacious but it was adequate for us as we had a receiving area equipped with minute kitchen with a mini refrigerator, a sala and a dining table for three persons. The bathroom was large enough to accommodate a bathtub and is equipped with a hairdryer. I would have appreciated it if the toilet had a bidet which is more hygienic.

We were on the 16th floor and our room had a window facing the next tower. We could see the pools and sauna below us. The towels were not regularly changed though the room was made up per request.

We enjoyed the Sky Lounge but did not take the Sky Adventure as we lost courage along the way. It would have been probably a thrilling experience. We were quite disappointed because we were looking forward to a 4-D movie adventure but it was under renovation to give way to 6-D movies in June this year. It was not posted online.

My kids enjoyed the pools and the sauna and our hotel experience was quite okey. Service is not as par with five-star hotels. Anyway, for the price of a corner suite, it was good as we were out on the road most of the time.

Room Tip: Our room on the 16th floor was pretty good.
Dear yvettemat,

Thank you very much for leaving such a detailed review of our hotel. We are pleased to read that your check-in process was fast and hassle-free and that you and your family were assisted properly to your rooms. Regarding the towel changes, we have a hotel policy of changing towels once per day, usually when our Housekeeping cleans the rooms. If this was not the case during your stay with us, please send us a message on Facebook or email us at crownregencyhotels@yahoo.com.ph so that we may address this problem.
We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Sky Lounge, the sauna, and the pools, and we apologize for the lack of notice on our website regarding the renovation of the 4-D Theater. It was such a shame, though, that you did not get to try the Sky Experience Adventure rides. We do hope you enjoyed the lovely view, however.
Overall, we hope you found your stay with us satisfactory and that you would reconsider staying with us during your next visit to Cebu City. Once again, thank you very much for this review.

Best regards,
Iloilo City, Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A few weeks before the trip, I emailed Crown Regency Towers informing them that my family and I will be arriving at early evening as we will be proceeding from the airport to our Mactan tour. The marketing manager promptly responded to my email.

Our hotel check-in took around ten minutes but without hitch. I noted that the lobby was quite small hence, it looked a bit busy. We didn't mind as we were promptly assisted by the staff. Our corner suite was perfect as we had our own kitchen, a minute receiving area and dining table. It contained two queen-sized beds as I have previously requested and an adequate bathroom with tub and hairdryer. For a minimal fee, it was quite amenable with us as we spent most time outside the hotel on a road trip. However, I noticed that they do not change the towels on a daily basis though the room was made up per request.

The hotel staff are quite accommodating but I would not say A class. The hotel on the outside was colorfully lit with lights and quite attractive to my kids. We would have loved to avail of the Sky Adventure rides but eventually we seemed to lost the courage to push on. The hotel have three pools and a sauna which my kids really enjoyed.

The advertised 4-D adventure however was not available as the cinema was undergoing renovation for the 6-D adventure. There was no post online that the cinema was under renovation. Anyway, we got our money's worth. For the price we paid, it was just right. The five of us gives an A-Ok sign for Crown Regency Towers.

Room Tip: For those travelling with children, you may choose the corner suites. If you are keen on privacy, t...
Dear Jacob P,

Thank you very much for leaving this comprehensive review of our hotel. We are pleased to read that you were properly checked-in and assisted by our staff to your rooms. We are also delighted to read that you were satisfied with our corner room, and that you believed you received the rightful value for the amount you paid. However, it is hotel policy that we change towels on a daily basis or every time a guest requests for room make-up. If you have the time, perhaps you could send us a message on our Facebook or an email to crownregencyhotels@yahoo.com.ph with the details of your room number and name of reservation so that we may properly address this matter.
Moreover, we are pleased to know that your children enjoyed the lights on our hotel exterior, along with the sauna and our three beautiful pools. We apologize as well for the lack of notice regarding the 4-D renovations. Hopefully you and your family will be in Cebu another time to catch our newly opened 6-D Theater and maybe this time, you can try our thrilling Sky Adventure rides.
We hope that on overall, you and your family were satisfied with your stay with us and that you will consider staying with us again or any of our other hotel properties.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Arrived at the hotel earlier than the standard check in but gladly we were allowed to occupy the room. What I first noticed was the crowded lobby and the small front desk. We were told to transfer from one elevator to another in order for us to access our room, so we did. What saved our first impression were or rooms, though the two got different set up but both of which are okey., clean & spacious. But I am a type of person who normally appreciate the quiet ambiance of a hotel, something which I never enjoyed in this hotel. They were crowded maybe because this Crown Regency offers not only accommodation but also other activities which attracts other guests to go there. The transfer from one tower to another is another dissapointment. So, if you are a person who would not mind people roaming, crowded lobby then this hotel is for you. In fairness, we paid a very reasonable price for our stay and we were allowed late check-in so that alone would suffice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Ghigie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. We apologize if you were not satisfied during your stay because the lobby was overcrowded and the changing of elevators was an inconvenience. We are glad, however, that you liked the cleanliness and how spacious our rooms are. Rest assured that we are currently looking for a solution to the overcrowding in our lobby, as this seems to be a problem most guests have. Despite your experiences with us however, I do hope you left our hotel generally satisfied. Should you have any concerns regarding our quality of service or should you feel that your expectations were not met with please do not hesitate to send us a message over Facebook.

Once again, thank you for this review, as this will surely help us on continuously improving our customer service.

Seattle
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just to start with this, it was the worst customer service I ever experienced with all the hotel I ever been through specially in Cebu. I arrived noon on 23rd May 2014 and it all started smooth. The 1st front desk lady only requires me to show proof of reservation through my tablet and everything was accepted except that the room isn't ready which is fine for me and with that, I decided to extend my stay using my tablet (wrong perception usually get to a wrong decision). So I just left and told them that I'll be back at around 2PM. Then inconvenient begins when I get back and asked if my room is ready, but the front desk lady named Ivy told me that I need to give them a voucher from my online reservation which was done using my tablet. I told her that I don't have access to the printer and my tablet internet was very slow and accessing my reservation email requires me to log off from my work email and time is precious since people are waiting for me and to make it short, took me more than 30 mins just to get everything done and I was late for my appointment. (inconvenient #1) Let me say that all hotels that I made my reservation using my tablet made me get through with no hustle and even Cebu Pacific has no problem letting you go through using your electronic confirmation. What is wrong with this people? I wasted time just for this non-sense requirements. (inconvenient #2) The hotel is so crowded from the lobby and unorganized (not a big deal for me, but just my opinion). (Inconvenient #3) No hot water in my room and made a couple attempt just to get it fixed and get tired of waiting so I took cold shower. (inconvenient #3 that really made me mad) Is that right after my long trip from Oslob and I was very tired from the days of adventure, all I wanted is to get in my hotel room and relax. Nightmare started when my key wont work so I have to get down again and found out that my extension didn't go through and guess what, I have to start all over again and has to even go to other tower just to access their internet so I can print out my voucher. This printed voucher nightmare made my day in this hotel. I paid for the convenient and supposed to be an easy access, but hustling from what so called requirements from front desk took almost 45 mins of my time that was supposed to be taken care from the start of my check in. And yes I was very upset that I even made a comment to the front desk lady (which also Ivy was there at that time) saying that "I will never booked from this hotel again" and instead of hearing an apology from inconvenient, the other front desk personnel made a comment of saying "thank you" in sarcastic way (is she's saying thank you to me because of my comment that I will never stay in that hotel again??). Is that the way this hotel approached an upset guest????? and manager was not available at that time when I want to complain. Well I guess that's the way they run their business. So I recommend for you backpackers and on the go type people or even say hotel convenient looking for friendly staffs, THIS HOTEL IS NOT FOR YOU!!! Budget hotel like Diplomat, Sampaguita, Dragon Inn, GV Tower has even friendlier staffs than this..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lance27
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Hello Lance27,

First of all, we would like to extend our sincerest of apologies. We regret that your terrible experience had brought you to TripAdvisor to give a negative review about our hotel. But as much as it hurts us to read negative reviews about our hotel, we appreciate honest feedback as this will help us improve our hotel to better meet and exceed the expectations our guests so rightly have while staying at a Crown Regency Hotel.

We have taken note of your concern regarding the very poor customer service that you have experienced at this occasion. Thank you for being very specific with the people involved. We have shared this review to the respective departments concerned and are now investigating the matter.

On behalf of Crown Regency Hotel and Towers, we sincerely apologize. We are doubling our efforts to improve customer service so that we may be able to serve you better. It is our regret that we were not able to change your experience before you left us, nor were we able to follow up on you to see if you were completely satisfied with our service.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your honest review. It is through customer feedback that we are able to improve our services to better cater to our guests needs.

Crown Regency Management
Manila Philippines
Reviewed 27 May 2014

At first, I thought this hotel was too far from downtown Colon but it was only one ride away from where I was really stayiing. I went there because of the sky adventure rides. The hotel consists of two towers and the rides were at the topmost portion of the hotel. It was an experience worth doing while in Cebu.

Room Tip: Search for reviews from other travelers.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
CrownRegencyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Regency Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear GNOBGNOB,

We are very happy to hear that you were satisfied with our amenities and the location of our hotel. Thank you for writing this review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in any of the Crown Regency properties.