“I Loved It”

Ranked #55 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Male
“I Loved It”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Guys at Hotel Saleh in Angeles City, Told me I should check it out, for I really did not want to spend a lot on a room. The staff where fantastic, rooms clean and the bathroom ( CR ) was all in order, breakfast was good, I know some people complain, but lets be real, it is one of the hardest meals to appease so many different nationalities. With that said thank you guys at Hotel Saleh, and of course the staff at Mango Park. I will book again, looking forward to my next visit. As they say it's More Fun In The Philippines!!!

Room Tip: Pay cash and receive a good discount anywhere - 10%-20%
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were there last June 27-29. People in the hotel are very nice. The hotel looked simple. The rooms are clean. The aircon is really cold. The bathroom is nice. Perfect for families travelling on a budget. The place is very near restos, Ayala Mall which is really nice. Taxis are readilly available outside the hotel. Food is not very yummy but is okay since it's for free. Towels and linens are changed upon request. There is also a spa on the 6th flr where I had my ManiPedi and massage. Very cheap price only compared to malls. Will definitely go back here on my next visit. Book here and you would not regret. For a price of 1600/night, sulit! The only One thing I was disappointed was the pool was under repair :(

• Stayed June 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Rate: 5

The last day we had to check out very early, 5:15AM, for our Bohol tour and they prepared Omelette & bread for our breakfast. Thank you very much.

Almost taxi drivers know Mango Park Hotel where it's located. Friendly and attentive staffs. Room looks like advertising photos with a good city view, safe box in room and strong WIFI access in room. Cleanliness in room and hotel is very good. Restaurant is clean and nice. Breakfast is not much dish but delicous. Hotel is very near Cebu-Mactan ferry terminal 4 & 1 for Bohol tour and Panglao island tour. A small bakery shop is very near hotel, just 3 minutes by walk. Their sweet cakes are delicous, especially donut and only 5 peso/pcs/all kinds of cake.

(-) No slipper and no fridge room.

Room Tip: 2nd & 3rd floors are for non-smoking.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasmine_VQTG
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights here and got a 20 percent discount, the reservation was quick and easy. Buy i requested a room facing the city, but then they gave us a room facing the wall! The breakfast was unbearable, we had to eat outside on out second day there. And the room smells odd. Bad smell, like they never cleaned it for a very long time. And the bed sheets and blankets are worn out it's already turning yellow since its supposed to be white. But the location is good. Staff was friendly, i hope they would improve this hotel because it has a great location.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anjela07
orkney
Reviewed 4 June 2014

great rooms fantastic staff , free breakfast , also new style TV , beds very comfortable would stay here again value for money , we had a earthquake when i was there 3.8 on the fith floor , food was very good , clean hotel , ticked all the boxs and had a small swimming pool

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bilar, Bohol, Philippines
Reviewed 15 May 2014

theyre bed is so soft like i wanna lay down in there bed all day.its easy access on the main street also good for the budget.they have free breakfast.so if your travelling i can recommend you this.also its very near to clubs and bars if you love partying.

Room Tip: choose rooms not facing the streets
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lady d
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Reviewing hotels in the Philippines is always different from reviewing Thailand or Cambodia, because budget hotels are mostly a bit less maintained.
Anyway, why mixed feelings about this place, the hotel room was ok, but I think quite over priced, at a rate of 1800 pesos up (but lucky me I got a 20% discount for a standard room looking out to a concrete wall), and at this rate no fridge in the room. The rooms were 'normal' clean. Staff was very friendly but if something asked you could forget about a result.
Each morning I was woken up around 8 o'clock by a phone call from the restaurant telling me that the buffet breakfast was still open. I am on vacation and if I want the breakfast I will wake up myself. So it was pretty annoying to be woken up each morning! Even I asked the front desk to pass the message not to call me in the morning.
Drinking water was not refilled in the room for 2 days,,,, out of stock aws the answer. The day before check out I asked if I could pay by credit card, so I did not have to go to exchange, it would not be any problem. Next day, check out, credit card system was down since 3 days.
About the buffet breakfast, I read here in reviews that it was great. I went there one day at 8.30 and there was nothing, but than really nothing left any more. Ok, the boy prepared me scrambled eggs, and a mango. But I mean, thats not a breakfast buffet where I had paid for.
Swimming pool at rooftop is very relaxing, but just 1 beach chair, I was every day alone at the pool, so no problem, but if you are a couple you should share the only bed.... This I did not understand, why were there no other customers at the pool?
The neighbourhood gives at night a unsafe feeling, if you walk down to mango square where there restaurants and discos are, you will be certainly be aggressed by ladyboys.
So, staff is really friendly, but not at all efficient. And the rooms were ok but over priced.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo