Mango Park Hotel
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
US$212
US$169
  • Breakfast included
US$60
Cebu Grand Hotel(Cebu City)
US$43
US$102
US$100
US$64
US$71
All reviewsoffer free breakfastpancitmini barshort stayswimmingpoolacboholayalaseminarcrshampoo
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights of leisure.

The hotel is 15 mins walking distance from Robinson's shopping and some bars etc.

The rooms are very basic, the swimming pool is very small, and there is only 1 sun bed at the poolside!!!

The breakfast - they could not accommodate our vegan breakfast request even though they told us before we booked that they could. Helpfully they agreed to give us a decent discount from the room rate but it still meant we had the inconvenience of going out for breakfast every day.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zambezikid
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Mango Park has ample parking. It is well-known by cab drivers and has an internet café, a Jollibee fast food, and a Thai massage place nearby. The staff are very courteous and hospitable. One must pay the entire amount for a night’s stay upon arrival.

The deluxe room (Php2000) is as appears on the website, clean and spacious. Although there’s a refrigerator, there are no complimentary bottles of water which other hotels normally provide. The breakfast buffet is good, with a variety of bread, salad, cereal, pancakes, soup, meat and eggs to choose from. On the whole it was a pleasant stay.

The main reason I will probably not stay here again is the bathroom. It had a tissue dispenser the likes of which you normally see in public bathrooms in commercial centers so it’s hard to see inside to check if the tissue roll needs to be replaced, which it turns out it did. I don’t like having to ask for things that the hotel should have prepared for beforehand, so it was a little annoying. The shower has the supposed option for hot and cold water, but all I could get from turning the knob in the ‘hot’ direction was fluid the temperature of warm spit (at this point, I am enjoying the idea of readers thoughtfully sucking on their thumbs to ascertain the exact level of tepidity described) while the cold water was very cold. Perhaps foreigners who find the climate very warm and humid enjoy cold showers but I prefer water warm enough to steam up the mirror when I take a bath. If there had been a tub, I would have been heating water in the thermos and pouring it in the tub just to raise the temp. Again, maybe I could have bothered management to fix this problem, but I did not have the time or energy to make the effort.

Still, it’s a nice enough hotel, and not the 'find-a-hookup' kind of place one of the reviews I saw here seemed to imply (although who knows, I did not really investigate), and the penthouse appears to be an popular venue for corporate functions. I also liked the tip box at the front desk, discouraging guests from tipping the staff directly and instead contributing to the pool.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Semi-ambivalent
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 29 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I stayed here with my 5 year old son, while waiting for our return flight to Ottawa City, ON, Canada. (June 12-14, 2009)

Room: 2 beds, single, small, clean but definitely old beddings
Bathroom: celan....and very small.........small sink, a glass, no tub. Just a little divider with shower curtain, but still the water spills over near the toilet sit. So, don't shower while someone is using the toilet...he/she will get showered too.

Closet: big enough to put your suite cases, plus ample space for your shoes.
Window: glass with curtain, but you can get soaked when it rain...it leaks for some reason, I stayed in Room 303 I think, so avoid that room.

Table: small table for your computer, with chair, NOT computer chair, so don't stay on your computer long

NO FRIDGE to store your food, maybe because they have their own restaurant downstairs.

NO SAFEBOX: I don't feel safe leaving my laptop or passport, but they said leave it at front desk, free of charge.
Palladium Suites however, a hotel i stayed before and reviewed, has SAFE in your room and fridge, around the same price.

Parking: Free Front Parking, but limited

Internet: Free Wi Fi, unlimited use, decent speed
TV: few channels but cable, okay

Aircondition: Definitely very old, still functioning, noisy

Restaurant: Limited Choice, but okay.
They have free buffet and children eat for free. However, the policy is not consistent. They have like a certain height by the door, and if your child is blessed tall, you are out of luck.
For the first visit, they let my son eat for free.

This second day, they asked me to pay half for my son...So, I do not know what's the score. I hate to argue, so just pay for it.

I'd complain for false advertising because in their flyer, it says children under 11 eat for free, and no mention of height.

No decent restaurant to eat around the area, your closest bet is Ayala Center with Food Court, lots of varieties for your taste.

Swimming Pool: Small, but good enough for my son. He loves to swim like a fish.
Swim at your OWN RISK. I stayed for 3 days and no lifeguard at all. Not even a single swimming jacket as well, and it was 6 feet deep, so I was always with my son.

Area: yes, can be scary sometimes...but so as anywhere in the city. Don't go out alone after dark.

Shopping: you can use public transit to Ayala Center, but taxi is easier, especially if you got stuff.

Meals: you are better off having lunch or dinner at Ayala Center Foodcourt. If you stay few days, just grab take out, it saves you money. Make sure to buy disposable plates, glass, spoon fork because they don't provide it in your hotel.

Telephone: you pay for incoming and outgoing LOCAL call. Ridiculous!, So email your communications...duh!

STAFF: they are all friendly and helpful, from security guard to the front desk staff.
Airport: Pre-arrange taxi at front desk is priced at 500 pesos to the airport, thats around $10-15.

Overall, its a budget stay. You have breakfast, internet connection, swimming pool for me and my son and decent dinner for a reasonable price.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family