“BAD hot/cold shower!!!! So many OLD foreigners”

Fuente Pension House
Ranked #5 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
New Orleans, Louisiana
“BAD hot/cold shower!!!! So many OLD foreigners”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This is my 2nd time in fuente, so far i have no problem with the people who work there, they're friendly and accomodating. They have Rooftop restaurant which serves filipino and foreign food, when we stayed there, the service was slow, i dont why coz last time the food was so fast.....The hot shower doesnt have a perfect pressure, it was soo hot.. its hard to adjust! I observed also, so many old foreigners who brought different young girls everyday.. theres a 1 foreign guy there, who i think is a lesbian coz he brought 2 filipino at the same time. Even the Guard got pissed off coz its around 10pm the visitors isnt allowed that time. Anyway, the room is affordable and its in the center for everything..very good location! I might stay there again but i'll make sure next time theres no problem with the shower!

Room Tip: TIP: Better Check the shower first b4 check in...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Morena B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Fairly-priced, and quite helpful desk staff. This hotel is totally basic and that would be OK were it not for some serous shortcomings. The guards at the door are moere concerned in maintaining their shenanigans with the local taxis and touting their overpriced and unwanted offers to guests. Moreover, the hotel is a bit of a knocking-shop for old and overweight white guys and young local girls. Bit sleazy really. Prison-like rooms and atmosphere - you need to request at least three times before it will actually be made up. Nice roof garden spoiled by sex tourists.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Timallalone
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Well my first time to Fuente Pension House in July 2010 was great. Good food, good place, safe and no brown outs.
Went there again this October and found the place had changed management ( even though the idiot at the front desk tried to tell me it hadn't) The kitchen staff were all new, the bell boys were all new, perhaps there were 2 staff that belonged to the previous management but thats all...all the rest I'd never seen before.
My friend and I stayed one night and having unpacked our cases.. and rearranged the laptop to go in the case with outer things, we suddenly experienced a brown out, (or power outage) rather than wait in a dark and very isolated and very ordinary room (we were the only ones on this floor) thus we decided to leave our room and go for a stroll until the power came back on. We did notice that other lights were on around the other building and on other levels in the pension house- strange huh!.
Upon returning some 30 minutes later, we went back to our room where we decide we'd take advantage of the free wi-fi up in the top floor (canteen) and as we went to open the case..behold!! NO LAPTOP and chord!!! the thieving buggers had taken it. It was definatley an inside job, no forced door locks, nothing taken except the laptop.I immediately went down to the front counter and told them what had happened. Well, there was no fuss, no sorry, no shock-horror..all I got was " Are you sure sir you didn't leave it outside" What the!!!!... I was clearly frustrated and this fool of a man could only say this. I said I was going to the police, I told him he had a thief on his staff ( to which he just rolled his eyes and pursed his lips the tosser). I moved out and went to the Cebu City Midtown Hotel, far nicer and YOU CAN TRUST THE STAFF .
I made my complaint to the police, I got my paperwork from them ( report) for insurance and I notified my insurance company back in Australia as to what had happened.
MY ADVICE FOLKS...DONT GO THERE!!! and if you do - watch your stuff...don't let them see any of your things, and if you experience a brown out.. take your valuables with you!!!!!
I definately wont be back there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
17 Thank PhilippinesTraveler

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I had selected this hotel based on the Lonely Planet "Editor's Pick" rating. The stay was nothing special, and rooms were basic. I don't think it was worth the money paid. The floor was sticky where I did not feel comfortable on bare feet -- I wore my sandals. On the plus side, there was free internet in the rooms. When leaving, the hotel security guard was in kahoots with the taxi driver to request fixed fare for my trip to the airport -- I pushed back and was ready to leave them to find another taxi that would use the meter, when the driver changed his position. I don't appreciate that the security guard was also in on the deal. The location of the hotel is good, and the security is safe -- just not worth the money for what you receive. Not a special place at all. Don't know where Lonely Planet was coming from. I stayed in room 109.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank bentobox007
Seoul
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stayed here after the Lonely Planet guide recommended this place. The room I got was the standard (1,095 pesos per night) but had a view of a side of a building. The room was small but the location was unbeatable.

Another advantage of this place is that checkout time is 24 hours from check-in time, meaning you can check out at 10 p.m. if you checked in at the same time the day before.

I ended up going to another hotel but had it not been for the awful window, I think I might've stayed for a few more nights.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank pkim07
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Room 108, a double room (1009p, single = 895p) was musty. And the double room was simply 2 twin beds pushed together; but because of the wide wooden bed frames, couples won’t be happy. Fridge is 200p/N extra. The double rooms are definitely basic with a 12 inch TV that has poor reception and no English channels, a chair and small desk. There is no separation between the shower and the rest of the bathroom (CR). Excellent hot water and water pressure, though some of the towels could be replaced. Request a room not facing the street if you want quiet and can live with a window that looks onto a building less than 4 feet away. Suites (1800p) are still basic, but have a more enclosed shower, include a fridge, have a small balcony and are quite spacious.

Contact info: http://www.fuentepension.com -----

The rooftop restaurant serves a good North American breakfast with real bacon for 100p.
While the hotel only advertises free Wifi in their restaurant, it is also available in some rooms.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
6 Thank driftdiver1
Philippines
Reviewed 9 February 2010

We were there for the Festivity. All hotels were booked, but we got our reservations 3 months prior. The places was in the heart of the celebration. Food, nightlife, malls, and festival was within arms-reach. We got the Suite Rooms to accomodate 5 guests. It was still spacious. Bath Water wasn't a problem as well. Downside: the place was a bit too close to the bars/resto and it was a bit noisy until 2AM (or until the bars close). But if you're a night person, this shouldn't be a problem. Accomodation price was also cheap. Overall, I'll stay there again when I go back to celebrate Sinulog next year!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends