“Pricey yet tasty”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I had pizza and pork ribs (if I remember correctly) for a very late lunch (around 3 pm) at the Terraces in Ayala. The pork ribs had a side dish of mashed potato, although the food attendant asked me if I wanted something else with the ribs. I asked how the mashed potato will be cooked and she said it will only be topped with cheese. So I said I'll go with that. When the meal did arrive and when I tasted the mashed potato, (for me) it was glorious. I told my cousins about it and they helped me devour the mashed potato. Needless to say, the mashed potato disappeared while more than a square inch of the ribs remained.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

They give a free bruschetta which is on focaccia bread, ah awesome, the manager is Italian from Toronto, very accommodating, for 80. Pesos more you can have twice as more of the bruschetta. Ordered a seafood pasta wrapped in foil, one order can fill 2 persons, the aircon is very good, the place cozy with the food and the service excellent, the pizza is so-so.

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

I've been to the branch in ayala mall twice and both times I came out happy with my meal. Yes, it's a bit pricey but I think it's worth it. Their pasta alla tegola is very nice. It's served baked in a foil and is steaming hot and mouthwatering with all the mozarella cheese. The pizza was also great. The pana cota was not as I had expected but it was ok.

The most wonderful thing is that they have a lot of choices for vegetarians.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

My wife and I went to the Ayala Terraces location last weekend. We were at the mall to get dinner and decided to walk around and try a place we have not tried before. After looking at the menu we decided to try La Tegola; we stop by Starbucks next door all the time.

The menu is good, with a lot of variety to choose from. They have a nice selection of appetizers, pastas, first and second plate courses, and different pizzas. We were surprised and enjoyed a free appetizer that was like a bruschetta but one an extremely flat bread. After we placed our order, we decided to add regular bruschetta because the other version was so good. The bruschetta was really nice, fresh toppings and the bread was baked well with hard outside but still slightly soft inner part.

Then came our pastas, I ordered the 4-cheese gnocchi and my wife ordered the seafood pasta in a tomato sauce. The pastas were very good. My wife's seafood pasta came wrapped in aluminum foil. I enjoyed my gnocchi and the 4-cheese sauce.

Then came the disappointment, the pizza. I am picky with traditional pizza, having traveling throughout Italy and enjoying the best in the world in Naples where it was invented. But I also come to expect different variations outside of Italy. The pizza was cooked with low-quality ingredients. We ordered a prosciutto and mushroom pizza. The prosciutto was thick and the only reason I say it was actually prosciutto was because the menu said so. The mushrooms were the cheap version out of a can. The sauce was average as was the cheese. The dough didn't look fresh and when it as served looked like a thinner version of delivery. The thing about traditional Italian pizza is supposed to fresh and high-quality ingredients, which was definitely not the case there.

In terms of price, it cost more than the quality offered. While the better Italian restaurants are slightly more expensive, the different in quality makes me want to pay more to go elsewhere.

On a positive note, the staff was really nice and service was good. It was a refreshing mix of attentive but not overwhelming service.

1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Ordered the Carbonara, not made with cream very disappointing. Also ordered a pizza. When it arrived i was told it was the best on the menu and the Restaurants favorite. I make better at home, yes it might have had a pizza base on top as a hat, but all i got inside was cheese, some olives and a few other things i think. Very dissapointed again. Wont be back to any of there 7 restaurants. And overpriced.

1  Thank Anthony_Jessa