“Hidden Paradise”

Pacific Cebu Resort
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 24 August 2014

As I first step in Pacific Cebu Resort way back one year ago, I said to myself that the place was like being left behind the civilization. The place was quiet, dark, old, much hidden and even haunted (jokingly). To be honest, I am not even familiar with the resort even if I am a pure Cebuana. I, as a wanderer was wondering that maybe people come at this place because they want peace to unwind or relax from the hectic schedules on the city life or maybe because of the cheapest rate that the resort offers. But suddenly as I realize, that behind that hidden place was a paradise, a place that was naturally preserved, with a very charming ambiance that starts from the man made trees which welcomes you in the main road through the main lobby of the resort, that inviting breeze of the beach that keeps your bare feet on sands, that long walk on their long pier under the sun that will turn your white complexion into tan, and the very reliable service and smiles of each of the staffs, will probably be your reasons to keep coming back in the place.
So, as promised, I came back last August 2014 and what knocks me at the first place was that sudden change of Pacific Cebu Resort. What I have seen one year ago was far different from what I have seen at present. The place was clean, it’s more inviting, it looks livelier, and the room buildings where now painted with white that made it neat and good in the eyes and even the staffs are all wearing white (crossed fingers on rainy days). The good news to the techie people out there was that they now offer FREE WIFI unlike before that you have to buy internet cards so that you use their wifi. I already knew that it was naturally beautiful before but today it was more beautiful and I can see that there will be more and more upcoming changes in the near future for this resort because I have seen its potential. How I wish they can improve their beach and there is still water even at low tides so that to beach lovers like me, I can totally enjoy it under the heat of the sun the next time I’ll visit this place.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Deluxe Ocean View , choose upstairs so that you can widely see the view of the beach...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank witty_moi143

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at this resort for 1 week. The booked the transfer from airport to hotel, so there is no problem to arrive the hotel.

The resort is surrounded by many trees which makes me feel so fresh and relax. The lobby is decorated in white colour, simple but feel really comfortable.

Once you entered the lobby, the staff came to greet me and offered help with my heavy luggage. Staff at front desk looks young and friendly. Check in procedure was fast.

After I checked into my room, I was surprised. The room looks bigger than what I have expected. (I guess it would be really small as the price is not high comparing with others resort). The room was in good conditions, clean and tidy and well equipped. The bed was comfortable enough.

They have swimming pool, tennis court and spa…etc. personally, I loved the swimming pool so much. It was spacious and beautiful. Water was clean and not too crowdly. Just relax yourself and enjoy your sun-bath there. If you are thirsty, go and have a drink at the pool bar. After that, you can have a great dinner at the hotel restaurant. Food is cheap and delicious. Environment is quiet and peaceful.

Actually this resort is quiet nice and i think it is up to standard, not that bad as the reviews written on trip advisor. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mui_0429
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Overall, This resort emphasizes white to demonstrate its cleanliness. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are very nice and are two stories; so be prepared to walk up and down stairs to use the restroom.The restaurant is excellent offering a filling breakfast along with a variety of other meals and the kitchen is open all night. It also faces the beach offering a nice view. They charge for wifi and that is why I'm giving them 3 instead of 5. I hope management takes heed of this warning and perhaps realize most travellers find it a mean item to charge for, The scuba shop was excellent and professional. Although they charge a lot .to dive with them compared to Boracay, Malapasqua, or Moalboal, which is much cheaper, So bargain with the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mario7054
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My brother booked a room for us at this hotel for two nights. Since his flight from HK (coming from Chicago) got cancelled, we had to ask them to move it the day after. Thankfully, they agreed. Unfortunately, my brother did not make the flight again as a standby passenger! So, I just had to go and was hoping to stay at the hotel for two nights with my sister. So, I drove and finally located the hotel, which was quite far. At the hotel entrance, I was already met by the rude security staff. They were asking so many ridiculous questions for about 10 minutes. Not sure where these guys get their training! It all starts from the top bosses! Maybe, they were taught not to let locals in? I was beginning to get angry. And so, they let me in. At the lobby, I was met by a few more rude staff, who gave me a hard time. Finally, booked the room but left the damn place after seeing it! The pictures in the website do not reflect it! Considering I brought some volunteers from Olango Island to help clean their resort after the Oil Spill incident last year and I have pictures to show, I was hoping to get a glimpse of how it is now! Please don't step into this place! I regretted recommending this place to my brother! Really bad experience.

Stayed: April 2014
10  Thank OceanDreamerOlango
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights before heading to Cebu Airport to start the flight home.

First impression of the Pacific Cebu Resort was breathtaking. Restaurant borders an exclusive beach and there's a pier that goes out forever into the sea. Apart from the renovations which were taking place, the resort was spotless the staff were friendly and there is a varied menu to suit every taste.

Beneath the idyllic surface however were one or two things which I think could be improved. Main thing was that some prices were bumped up for tourists. local taxis etc are not allowed to pick up at the resort and a hotel taxi to the local mall costs PHP700 which is more than double local prices. The food was also more expensive than local prices.

To end on a plus. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and very friendly. In balance, i would go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank seanmcbride51
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have heard about this resort way back year 2000 during the boom of Japanese tourists in Cebu. This was considered as THE resort for Japanese tourists.

I was looking for a peaceful and not crowded nearby resort and since I have read good reviews here in tripadvisor, we decided to try it out.

The location is really far. We kept asking the locals where we will go. Finally we reached the intersection of Marigondon and Cordova. Went inside a small dirt road and followed the small signs with yellow arrow leading to Pacific Cebu Resort.

The property is huge and secluded. And it has a lot of trees. I liked it instantly. There is an ample area for parking and its not too far, unlike other resorts. The reception guy is very accommodating and when we paid for their Day Use Rate (at Php 500.00/person), it was really quick. I had to pass by the toilet at the back of the reception desk, but I was disappointed coz there were unflushed tissues, etc. I am very particular with toilets and bathrooms. And to think it was near the reception desk.

We chose an area by the beach. We had table and lounge chair to relax. My kid went to the kiddie pool. It was huge but shallow (0.6m), but perfect for the kids. The adult pool was under renovation. There was another pool used for practice in scuba diving but it is too deep. The beach is, well I expected worse, but it was actually nice and safe. The presence of trees in the grounds and too few people around made the area conducive for sleeping. It was a relaxing time out from the city.

Their buffet lunch was served at 1130am. Though the variety is limited, the refills kept on coming. They also had fresh fruits and buko pandan salad. Even the drinks is refillable. No complaint here.

Their shower room is a big disappointment again. I went to the shower room near the diving pool but they have no shower inside. You have to shower outside near the pool, infront of everyone and change inside the toilet room which has no exhaust and smells different. The lavatory for washing hands is also clogged. I just hope they can do something about this.

Overall, I liked the property. They are still renovating and upgrading the facilities and I'm excited to visit again next time. Hopefully with better toilet facilities this time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank chickmom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

If you have couple days for relaxing - visit this hotel.
I have been at Phillipins for the first time and I live there for 2 days.
Good service, warm ocean, beautiful colours of sky, good food, spa service at rooms - I feel like I was born again ^^

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Been to Pacific Cebu Resort? Share your experiences!