“Great food, nice pool”

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Manila, Philippines
“Great food, nice pool”
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My family and I stayed in Be Resorts last weekend. I would say that our stay good although it could have been better. A few things:

1. In the website it says all rooms have bathrobes and slippers. I stayed in a standard room but didn't see any bathrobe but just two bath towels. I am not sure if that is the hotel's standard set-up but there were no hand towels or face towels.

I am not the type who complains a lot and just want to have a good time with my family so I didn't complain. I think your staff and friendly however, to be really compete well against the giant hotels around you I think certain standards of service must be maintained.

2. We arrived early in the hotel and our room wasn't ready and so our luggage was kept in the luggage storage. We waited for about 3hrs for our room to be ready. When we finally checked in, I was told that our luggage would be sent to the room. I waited for more than an hour and still the luggage was not sent to our room. I called reception and was told they would have it sent. I waited for another 20minutes but no luggage came. I called reception again and it was only then that our luggage came.

I am not a fussy traveler and I understand that the hotel was busy at that time but again, I hope management would look into it.

3. On the day of our departure, at around half past 7 in the morning reception called our room to say that we had to leave earlier than scheduled because of an event in Cebu, a fun run. I appreciate that they informed us however, it was a bit late as we were advised to leave at 8:00am. My mother was still having breakfast and so I asked the receptionist to approach my mother and inform her that we had to leave at 8:00am. My mother is almost 60yrs old and I guess due to difference in dialect the way it was told to her sounded off. She felt a bit of pain in her stomach when she was told to finish her breakfast immediately. It would have been better if we were advised the night before as I settled my bill the night before our departure.
The airport transfer that we arranged didn't arrive on time as he was caught in traffic after bringing a guest to the airport. We didn't have much of a choice and so the hotel arranged a taxi instead. The taxi had its leather seat torn, looking very old.

Impressive service by the lifeguard and pool staff who were very courteous and responsive to the needs of the guest.
I would still recommend the hotel as the food and facilities are really good.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Purmerend, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Booked this hotel on hotels.com but made a small mistake on the checkin date. All the booking details were handed over to the personel at the reception and they didn't comment on the wrong date while they were busy for an hour for the checkin. Next day on checkout they commented on the wrong checkin date and handed over the bill quoting the full room rate (double price!) for the previous day and recommended me to cancel the booking on hotels.com but had to pay full rate because of wrong date. Mr. Wil at the reception was very reluctant to simply change the date. Also paid for next day now and still waiting for refund, never been treated so badly at a hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank madema73

Travellers are raving about these Lapu Lapu hotels

Manila
Reviewed 11 March 2011

We stayed in this hotel from March 4-6, 2011.
PROS:
Hands-down one of the best service crew that we have encountered. Such friendly folks, always smiling, very flexible and easy-to-talk to. Everyone we encountered was nice - front desk, waiters, pool lifeguard, lobby store attendant, security guard, valet...
Pretty interiors: quite modern with beautiful Cebu-made furniture
Location was good - for a sub-$100/night hotel, it was situated beside 5-star hotels like the Shang. Only 15-20 mins away from the airport.

CONS:
The only bad experience we had was that our room was right beside the cafe which played band music till late night. We had to sleep early and was very bothered with the noise. The front desk tried their best to shorten the entertainment, but had to balance it with the expectations of those who wanted to catch the band.
Others:
food was so-so
amenities were few: e.g. only 2 bath towels were provided (no hand/face towels). but for a sub-$100 room, i guess it's expected to cut some costs.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank khunkc
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights over the Christmas period. It was perfect for lazing around, which is what we wanted to do between Christmas functions with family on Mactan Island. The 'eternity' pool is great for swimming and there are several options for eating and drinking - right on the artificial beach, next to the pool, in the sun, under a verandah, indoors, and so on. The service was excellent - attentive without being intrusive. There was a variety of aquatic sports available, although we didn't opt for any of them - at least they are there if you choose to use them.

Breakfast was very good - a wide range to choose from, and eggs made to order as you wait. The food in the restaurant was of good quality, if a little on the pricey side. The convenience and long opening hours made up for the price. There's free wifi in the lobby and restaurant - fast and reliable.

There's a range of satellite TV channels and room service - perfect when we just wanted to flop on our beds after long days of travelling around and meeting people. The decor is really cool, especially the lobby. The air-conditioning works well - a must for visting the Philippines!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stourton1582
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Nice decoration hotel but it's a bit hot to stay in restaurant area for breakfast. Inside was hot as fan is nice looking design but not powerful, outside - because of the sun in the morning, it's too hot for breakfast and poor 2 guys in cooking egg section and pancake section outside area, I just can't imagine how could they stand in such hot environment.

Beach is man-made beach but no sandy sand, nice for view from long distance but not nice for step on it.

Food in restaurant was quite nice but quite pricy.

No shopping or small shop around the hotel.

No kettle in the room and offered 2 small bottles water which is not convenience (of course no complimentary coffee or tea or even hot water)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BigHeadBear822
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Good: Excellent interiors; classy look.

Bad: Inconsiderate Management.

Made a quick overnight trip to Cebu to attend my nephew's baptism. I booked at Be Resorts hoping to get the most out of the limited time I had. They declined my request when I asked for a late check out (1:30pm to be exact since my driver was going to pick me up at 2pm). I was hoping that they would consider it because:
1. It was just an hour and a half late
2. I only stayed there overnight and wanted to make the most out it.

I will not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank rightsmack
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at Be Resorts - Mactan, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your stay and feedback. As much as we would liked to have accommodated your request for a late check-out beyond the standard 12:00 PM check-out time. We were not able to do so due to the high demand for Be Resorts Mactan for that day.

2:00 PM is our check-in time for all guests arrivals and we are committed to ensure the availability of their guest rooms at that time .

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future .

BEst,

Garry Garcia
Shizuoka, Japan
Reviewed 12 November 2010

I checked in Oct2-4. Upon check-in I was required to pay PhP9,000 and upon check-out I was again required to pay PhP15,000.I firmly believe that the resort overcharged my stay. The resort can't be contacted by phone. Yes, for a boutique hotel, the furnishings are fabulous, but the service is terrible.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KaijiTerao
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at Be Resorts - Mactan, responded to this review, 14 November 2010
Sir/Maam,

Thank you very much for your stay and your feedback . Please email me the details of your stay and we check if there is some error on your payment details.

BEst,

Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Cebu White Sands Resort & Spa
Cebu White Sands Resort & Spa
#12 of 42 in Mactan Island

Been to Be Resorts - Mactan? Share your experiences!