My family and I stayed in Be Resorts last weekend. I would say that our stay good although it could have been better. A few things:
1. In the website it says all rooms have bathrobes and slippers. I stayed in a standard room but didn't see any bathrobe but just two bath towels. I am not sure if that is the hotel's standard set-up but there were no hand towels or face towels.
I am not the type who complains a lot and just want to have a good time with my family so I didn't complain. I think your staff and friendly however, to be really compete well against the giant hotels around you I think certain standards of service must be maintained.
2. We arrived early in the hotel and our room wasn't ready and so our luggage was kept in the luggage storage. We waited for about 3hrs for our room to be ready. When we finally checked in, I was told that our luggage would be sent to the room. I waited for more than an hour and still the luggage was not sent to our room. I called reception and was told they would have it sent. I waited for another 20minutes but no luggage came. I called reception again and it was only then that our luggage came.
I am not a fussy traveler and I understand that the hotel was busy at that time but again, I hope management would look into it.
3. On the day of our departure, at around half past 7 in the morning reception called our room to say that we had to leave earlier than scheduled because of an event in Cebu, a fun run. I appreciate that they informed us however, it was a bit late as we were advised to leave at 8:00am. My mother was still having breakfast and so I asked the receptionist to approach my mother and inform her that we had to leave at 8:00am. My mother is almost 60yrs old and I guess due to difference in dialect the way it was told to her sounded off. She felt a bit of pain in her stomach when she was told to finish her breakfast immediately. It would have been better if we were advised the night before as I settled my bill the night before our departure.
The airport transfer that we arranged didn't arrive on time as he was caught in traffic after bringing a guest to the airport. We didn't have much of a choice and so the hotel arranged a taxi instead. The taxi had its leather seat torn, looking very old.
Impressive service by the lifeguard and pool staff who were very courteous and responsive to the needs of the guest.
I would still recommend the hotel as the food and facilities are really good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in our Cebu hotel's stylish accommodations while you simply recharge and get away from it all. Find yourself in a higher state of bliss as you experience Be Resorts Mactan's award-winning and contemporary interior design. Beyond the comfort and elegance of Be Resorts rooms is an extensive list of amenities that make your experience at Be Resorts Mactan a memorable and pleasurable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and Cancelon so you can book your Be Resorts - Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Resorts - Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Microtel Hotel Lapu
- Microtel Hotel Mactan
- Be Resorts - Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island