BE Resort, Mactan
  • Pool
US$345
US$306
Agoda.com
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$48
  • Pool
All reviewsinfinity poolflat screen tvenjoyed my staywhite sandmactan islandbuffet breakfast isnice poolnice resorta bit priceyshrinebathtubdipjeepneybilliardsrestomskid
Reviewed 1 January 2012

BE Resort Mactan was recommended to me by most of my friends if you're looking for a place wherein it has a reasonable price, good ambiance and nice service. Well they were RIGHT. I stayed there last December 27, 2011 for a night which i consider it as one of a kind. I had an upgrade and compliment goes to Ms. Em-Em Ravina. Thank you very much ma'am. The room was cozy maybe because of the colors and theme and the lighting too. The space of the room was just right however it could have been better if I had a queen or king size bed but its not a problem at all. The view from my room was superb, i can fully see the pool and the beach area. I was expecting room slippers though which i couldn't find it in the room but nevertheless again it aint cost inconvenience for me. Hot and Cold shower was perfect. The AC Unit was doing well and the TV unit too. The only frustration I had was the WEATHER hahahah of course it doesnt account to the HOTEL, but i wish i could have dipped in the pool or the beach but then again due to unpredictable weather, i hadnt. The breakfast was okay although it was kinda crowded and less choices of food. I titled this Review as COLORFUL coz the one thing i can remember with BE is their COLOR - Orange/BLue makes a cheerful feel. Thanks BE and thanks to ARVIN in FO, did a great job!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scarlet143
Reviewed 18 December 2011

The location is quite remote, nextdoor to the most expensive hotel in Cebu and shares the same beachfront. A large, snow-white cement steppe terrace stretches out to the pebble beach from the restaurant, with daybeds and deck chairs for lounging. Being there inspired a sublime serenity in me that is characteristic of the work of a master architecht (in this case, nature shares a large part of the credit). This is the overwhelming reason for being here. Spending a great deal of time sitting at the beachfront is essential to a pleasant stay, since the staff is inexperienced and inadequate in meeting the many needs of independent travelers. You will always get a nice smile but only a helpful answer to your questions half the time. The breakfast offers a variety of Asian foods and is well-thought out, and the overall experience is fair for the price.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frugalhopper
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I had my wedding ceremony at the BE Resort Beachfront, so many of my guests stayed at the BE. The service I received for the wedding was much better than the service received by my guests, so I'm reviewing the stay exclusively.

First of all there is no a/c in the lobby, elevator or hallways outside your room. There is so many guests and with the heat, it was unbearable. The worst is the elevator and hallways, because its enclosed, so you almost feel you're being suffocated.

The service was horrible. You wait so long to order something as simple as a single mixed drink, and wait even longer for it to arrive. The front-desk staff is so inconsiderate. They called my maid of honours room at 1:00am to confirm the last digits of her credit card. She was so enraged that they couldn't wait until the morning.

After her check out at 11:00am, we hung out at the hotel a little longer since her flight was a few hours away. When we were ready to leave, the staff requested proof of her check-out, which apparently the receipt wasn't enough and required a different slip. She absolutely refused to spend any more time at the front desk. This procedure just didnt seem to make any sense if you already have your receipts and just another example of inconveniencing their guests.

Some of my other guests also experienced being overcharged but the staff were able to refund the money after lots of documentation as proof.

There's only value in staying here if you book through an agent and get a much lower price, than their published price. At the published rate, its not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank CamilleCP
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at BE Resort, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear CamilleCP,

Thank you for review and for having your wedding at Be Resorts Mactan .I will look into the details of your stay personally and ensure that it shall be address.

Be Resorts Mactan not having an A/C is a part of its commitment to reduce carbon footprint and to enhance the resort experience . All resorts in Mactan Island ,Cebu do not have A/C in its public areas including the 5 star and Conde Nast rated resorts.

We look forward to welcoming you soon .

BEst,

Garry A. Garcia

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Looking at the website and the photos, the hotel looked nice. Hip interiors, white walls, modern amenities. But I was disappointed. From the time I arrived in Cebu, the hotel staff fell short of my expectations. They either forgot to send a shuttle for me, or they assumed I would take the taxi. Next, when I got there, the service in the restaurant is a bit slow. The worst part was (maybe I'm just a light sleeper) that there was poor soundproofing in the room. So I could constantly hear the banging of the doors of the other guests and their chatter outside by the hallway. As for the white, modern interiors, up close, they looked tacky and rundown. It's a shame really. The hotel has potential. They need to refurbish it and improve hotel staff service.

Room Tip: Choose one that is at the end of the hallway so that you at least don't hear the banging of the doors as much. And a room that is away from pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JW1023
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Booked at Be Resorts (Mactan, Cebu) for the weekend with family and were not disappointed.

First and foremost, let me focus on the fact that this is a boutique hotel, not a 4/5-star chain hotel / resort. Yes, this hotel is actually situated in the same stretch of beach shared with other famous 4/5-star chain hotel/resorts such as Shagri-La, Hilton (Movenpick now i believe), Crimson and Abaca - but mind you, it's price is just a fraction of what you would have paid for if you booked in their next door 4/5-star neighbors. Price we paid was just a little over $120+ a night. Not bad! At least, you are situated in that exclusive stretch but paid so much less!

With that said, let me go through with what I love about this hotel. It's AMBIANCE! That Miami-feel of laid-back beach life with a dash of modern-stylish vibe, resonates from the lobby down to its amenities and rooms. Quirky and modern furnishings accented the lobby - down to its unique lounge beds which i totally adore! Cool, bright and well-thought off colors compliment the all-white interiors. Lovely during the day yet romantic during the night! The infinity pools were laid-out well. Having breakfast with the view of the sea right in front of you, what more could you ask for.

The rooms we got are the premium ones which boasts of a sea view as well. The twin beds were actually double beds, soft and spacious with crisp white linen. Good to have an LCD tv with cable channels in the rooms and the airconditioning was great and independently controlled. Tiled floor. Clean and tidy.

Now, what needs to be tremendously improved though is their buffet breakfast spread. Although we didn't have replica dishes for the 2 times we had breakfast there, the taste needs major improvement. The tapa seem undercooked at one time. Bad! Hoping for more choices too but i do understand that this isn't a 5-star resort anyway, so that was totally fine. Just please improve on taste! Knowing that Cebuano food should be very good, I was surprised that this didn't resonate at all in Be Resorts' breakfast offerings. The choices for bread were adequate, donuts were actually good. Try to source for another coffee supplier please. :)

Another is the bathroom/shower in the rooms. Please consider re-tiling and upgrading fixtures. Cracked tiles everywhere. Not safe and it's such an eye-sore too. Moreover, are the walls and ceiling in the rooms that thin that we can actually hear the footsteps of the guests in the room right above us? Annoying, especially when you're trying to sleep! Would be great if free Wi-Fi extended to the rooms as well.

The beach was nothing to rave about, simply put.

One thing I noticed though and actually got pleasantly surprised with, is the fact that the lobby was not airconditioned. Something that I was just used to with other hotels - but this isn't something to frown about at all. The hotel's eco-friendly lobby design was actually done in such a way that their glass walls were like sliding doors that were kept open the whole time to provide a through and through ventilation for the entire space. But again, I stayed in November, I don't know how it is during the summer months.

Over-all, this boutique hotel is worth recommending. For the price that we paid for and the service that we got, our stay is indeed a lovely one.

Room Tip: Get premium sea view rooms!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family