“I was impressed”

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Darwin
“I was impressed”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at Be resort for 5 nights. During that time I experienced the friendliness of the staff and appreciated the ambience of the resort. Even though it was very busy for the Easter holidays the management and staff went out of their way to make me welcome.
I was impressed with the vigilance of the pool and beach staff. I was also impressed with tje extra efforts management and staff made to make our Easter holiday special.
I would recommend this property to families executives and young couples. There is something for everyone at Be.
Thanks to the senior staff for sorting out even minor details to make my stay enjoyable.
I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited the Place during Easter, so this review might only be valid for peak season. To start with the positive, the white design was airy, light and quirky furniture added character to the resort. The rooms were clean and well kept, though I didn't care for the kinder garten colour palette

However, you could stay for days without actually noticing the any of that because of the crowds. The hotel for sure is not able to function in a proper way, when it's at capacity. The breakfast was a massacre, with not enough staff to keep the space clean or bring new food, utensils, coffee cups etc. You had to wait some time for a table and when you finally would get seated, it was all in all very unpleasant experience.

We were also sold rooms with balcony. The balcony was French and the door was bolted locked.

Sheets felt like a crossbreed between sheets and shower curtains and were quite unpleasant to sleep in. The staff forgot to bring hand towels and at one occasion brought dirty towels (or towels that had been stored damp and now smelled of death). Replacing the smelly towels took the house keeping more than 1 1/2 hours. The water dispensers were empty all the time.

The rooms had rules on how to behave pasted on the walls ( if the towels have spots on them, you have to pay for it), which made you feel like staying in a youth hostel, rather than a hotel that charges more than 150€ per night.

The beach was okay, but the open space is just way too small for that amount of rooms. As half of the seating area had no shade whatsover the restaurant on the beach resembled a gym locker room with towels and clothes all over the chairs and tables.

The staff was nice, smiley and tried to be attentive, but there was just too few of them and you could really feel that they were quite stressed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Merja26

Travellers are raving about these Lapu Lapu hotels

Gran Canaria, Spain
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We loved our stay at Be Resorts! We booked last minute and didn't have the time to look up the place properly but upon arrival it was such a nice surprise! Both the beach and pool was great! The room was big, clean and bright (not as crazy colorful as it seems on the pictures). Beach bar was fun and had the most delicious fresh fruit drinks. The interior design of the hotel is very modern and perfect for the ideal vacation vibe. Massages were very good and affordable. It's located very close to many high end resorts so you can try out many different nice restaurants. Best of all was the service though! What a fantastic staff! People in Philippines are generally very friendly but this was the without doubt the best service we have received! Our waiter Paulo, stood out amongst this very professional team. He went out of his way to make sure our whole experience was more than we could have hoped for! We had a wonderful time at this resorts and will definitely come back! Only downside would be the rather limited food menu.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Addio-Mare-Manager
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We went to this resort since everywhere else in Punta Engano was fully booked. Called in at 1030AM to check if the room we booked can be available earlier, staff said no and to drop by during regular check in at 2pm. Got there 230pm, reception area was crowded and lobby was crowded with so many people. Receptionist told me the room isnt ready due to it being peak season, house keeping isnt done yet. They dont know how many "hours" I need to wait. I told him if he's serious because 2pm is standard check in time. Upon arguing they gave me a room. I realized later on, they open the resort for day use which includes room accomodation. They were going to make me wait until day tourers are done before issuing a room. So unfair. Everywhere else waa crowded by these day tourers, cabanas and pools hoarded and even towels. There's no prioritization for guests. Beach is small, pool waa dirty. Staff was friendly and room was standard, tv didnt function well. Bfast was ok. Food was expensive but not worth the money. Staff were nice and accomodating. If you wanna relax, just dont go here on a weekend of holiday. It wasnt a very pleasant stay for us.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank choosyandcheapo
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We're a group of four when we had our short vacation in the resort. Our relatives recommended us to stay here and yes, our vacation was awesome. The place is modern and we love how the resort has been structured. The front desk, lifeguards and almost everybody were too friendly and accomodating. The food is nice but we hope the resort's going to have additional menus for food choices. Overall, me and my friends will surely come back here on our next trip. We love the place so much. Keep up the great job!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VirnaVia
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had my vacation for 2 days in this resort and my experience was overwhelming. Love how the establishment has been designed, it's modern and dashing. The place is really relaxing. Food is great and the rooms are very tidy. I would like to commend the staffs for doing all their jobs seriously. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank VirnaVia
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I booked it through MyCebuOnline and this has been the worst experience ever! We got the suite room thinking it'll be an actual suit but it's not, it's just one small room with a separator in the middle.

Buffet breakfast is very low quality and nothing gets added even if requested with a very little menu options.

I would not recommend this to anyone. You would rather stay in a small room in some other hotel.

Stayed March 2014
#9 of 41 in Mactan Island
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino

Been to Be Resorts - Mactan? Share your experiences!