BE Resort, Mactan
Goldberry Suites & Hotel(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$95
US$321
US$295
Agoda.com
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$52
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsinfinity poolflat screen tvenjoyed my staywhite sandmactan islandbuffet breakfast isnice poolnice resorta bit priceyshrinebathtubdipjeepneybilliardsrestomskid
Reviewed 19 August 2009

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I only stayed for a night on this particular trip, it was almost an hour ride from mainland Cebu. I hesitated to go on actually because of the hotel's distance from the city but still did.

When I entered the hotel lobby I was cheerfully greeted by a staff then I approached the front desk, which was at that time handled by a trainee, the lady was trying to look for my booking but for whatever reason she couldn't find it on their system. May I suggest to the management not to leave trainees alone especially in guest check-ins.

When I reached my room, It was a WOW because it's really clean and i loved the pastel colors used in the interiors. Everything in the room was beautiful!

Breakfast was not that satisfying...I waited for like 10 minutes before being approached by restaurant attendants, and all tables were dirty..full of soiled dishes that were not removed immediately. Then, I waited again because the front desk was not able to give me a breakfast coupon when I checked-in so the restaurant attendant cannot give me food. Thanks to the lady supervisor who was pregnant at that time. She was very hospitable and considerate, she personally went to the front desk and got the meal ticket for me.

But overall, it was a good stay with the hotel. Beautiful lobby, very refreshing and full of colors! and the service is considerable with their rate.

I just hope that next time the hotel will have creative way of blocking the "too much" wind, cuz it was too windy when i visited. But the ocean view was really fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank cyrus_lakwatsero
Reviewed 16 August 2009

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 2 August 2009

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We stayed at the Microtel recently, my husband had a business trip and we ended up staying for the weekend. Here are my comments:

- The foyer of the hotel is lovely, light and welcoming, but if you look closely it is a little tired, carpets and cushions are stained.
- Check in staff were friendly and helpful
- The room itself was clean and furnished in bright colours. The view of the ocean was great. The bathroom was ok, cracked tile in the shower, a little dated now, but clean. Bed was comfortable, sheets and towels look a bit tatty and grey (maybe their laundry service does not bleach?) but were clean.
- Breakfast was definitely plentiful, but the food was not really suitable for westerners. All I ate each morning was fruit (watermelon & pineapple). A couple of mornings there was scrambled eggs, but it looked a bit dodgy. Everything else was either meat curries, rice, congee, noodles etc. Coffee but no tea, or fresh milk. More geared towards Asian tourists. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel.
- Now for my gripe - we were on level 6, and were kept awake every night of the 3 nights we stayed between 11pm and 1am by slamming doors, and people shouting up and down the corridoor. One night there was a child who was crying, so I'm guessing mum proceeded to walk up and down the corridoor for about 45 minutes to try and settle the child. I'm thinking there are a couple of reasons it was so loud: 1. The doors and walls are very thin and 2. None of the door stoppers worked, hence everytime someone leaves their room the door slams. If a good nights sleep is important to you I would seriously consider staying somewhere else. If, however, you are one of the tourists who will be out drinking till all hours it would be perfect! Can I just mention that I took great delight in letting our door slam a couple of times at 7am as we were leaving for a tour.
- It is, as some other commenters have mentioned the furtherest hotel on Mactan Island, and I would be a bit nervous walking by myself up to the bars and restaurants as there are what appear to be shanties on the opposite side of the road. If you were part of a group it probably be fine.
- Pool was great, lovely big beach towels available. Beach is a little rocky, but I keep my shoes on regardless.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business