“Abaca Boutique Resort - Where Magic is in the Air”

Abaca Boutique Resort
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Overall, Abaca struck me as a place that takes great pride in quality AND service. Sure, you pay more but the service is 6-star. We ordered fast food delivery (Jolibee) for lunch – when the delivery was here, the butlers actually unpacked the food and assembled them onto proper plates with the appropriate cutleries before bringing it into our villa.

Please go to my blog twiceasdelicious http://wp.me/p1GkyL-cD to view the detailed review with photos of the villa, food and Abaca restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank Twiceasdelicious

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Our five day stay at Abaca was magical and I would wholeheartedly recommend the hotel. The service throughout was exceptional - the best we have ever encountered in all our travels. Everyone was so warm and welcoming, so keen to make out stay special and nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in the seaview pool villa which was glorious - spacious, beautifully decorated and very well thought out. We spent our time relaxing in one of the cabanas by the pool, looking out to the sea, and left feeling so recharged. The food was excellent, the spa great and all the grounds were really well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AnastasiaMc
Reviewed 9 July 2011

From the moment we stepped inside the hotel. We felt that we've just entered paradise. The aura and the ambiance of the hotel is breath taking. The staff all greeted us with their courteous and heart warming smile. All of them knew our names and especially our daughter, they treated us like royalties and at the same time they gave us our privacy. We were shocked by their efficiency, flexibility and the amount of service they provided. All of them anticipated our needs, which made their whole staff quite extraordinary and amazingly unique. By the way the hotel provided us our own personal butler which is very very convenient.

The food is awesome and they served it generously. The rooms are very spacious,clean and very well designed. I'm so thankful to the whole staff for providing our precious little daughter her needs.( The resort provided the crib, an exersaucer, sterilizer and providing our daughter her own meal). I love their spa services its rejuvenating. My husband love their bar so much with their wide variety of selections and especially the company of their staffs. He felt like he was hanging out with his friends.

On our last night, they arranged a romantic dinner for us and plus they gave us a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. We would like to extend our sincerest thanks to the staff for that lovely dinner, we really enjoyed it and cherished every moment of it.

Overall. Our stay was PERFECT, LOST FOR WORDS and all the synonymous words to AMAZING. We will surely be back soon. Once again Muchas Gracias A Todos to everybody.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
13  Thank LifesBeautiful
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I've lived in the Philippines for the last 4 years. Other than my grandmother's house for 2 weeks i can honestly say i've lived in only hotels since 2007. This is by far the best hotel in the Philippines; the best restaurant in Cebu. Everything said in other reviews is an understatement of how amazing Abaca is. I've been to Aman and Bellaroca and i can say Abaca is better.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
11  Thank Whee6
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed in abaca with my mom, sister and 7 kids for 2 nights. Place was nice and the rooms are spacious and well maintained. Service was amazing :)

I would recommend this for honeymooners or couples who want a quiet and secluded place to stay in Cebu but not for families.

Amenities and activities for kids are not abundant. They did provide games and DVDs and had the baby cots, bottle sterilizers available but the space around is just not for toddlers and young children.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank LOxmac
Reviewed 5 June 2011

If you want the perfect place to hole yourself up in a room and have every appropriate need attended to - this is the place. The food ranks as the best I have ever eaten in a hotel - the menu is eclectic with dishes from all over the world - but somehow each dish is prepared with expert precision. The beach will not wow you and the pool is good but not incredible - but if a great room and great food is more important to you than this is the place - you can't get everything you want - I have learned this from a lifetime of luxury travel. I highly recommend this hotel (if you're not too concerned about money - it ain't cheap).

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank joshdotcom
Reviewed 5 June 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at Abaca, and it was literally a taste of paradise in every regard! The room we stayed in, room 5, was amazing (I imagine all the rooms are of this caliber). The room and bathroom layout are fabulous, very modern and chic. My wife loved the bath products so much that we asked for some extra to take home from our private butler - he obliged us generously.

We spent most of our time lounging poolside - the resort layout is pristine and has an amazing infinity pool. We enjoyed the drinks and food, both poolside and in the restaurant - I highly recommend the homemade sorbet for dessert. Breakfast was simply stunning - we enjoyed it from our room each day. I am also a coffee aficionado and the fresh french press with breakfast was superb.

There is a hotel adjacent to abaca, and while it appeals to a bit younger and more active crowd and they were enjoying some beach sports, we didn't find it bothersome. The service of the staff at abaca was amazing, from the restaurant staff to the General Manager - they each went out of their way to make our stay perfect.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#8 of 44 in Mactan Island

Been to Abaca Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!