Since my visit to Abaca, I have been describing this luxury resort to my friends and family as a "perfect hideaway" and Cebu's "hidden gem". Why? During our stay at Abaca for 3 nights/4 days as a treat for my husband's 50th birthday, we were fortunate to have met the nicest and most efficient/hospitable people who treat you like family. Each service was done with utmost care by the well-trained, courteous staff...and they exceeded all our expectations. They pay attention to detail and anticipate all your needs. Personally, the resort felt "homey" to me because of how the staff were very welcoming and genuine...they know how to pamper you at the same time give you privacy. They make that "extra mile" to create an unforgettable experience for you at Abaca...in our case, upon returning to our suite after celebrating my husband's birthday dinner, the staff (singing happy birthday) surprised my husband with a mango cake and decorated the room with lots of candle votives (such a romantic ambience)...then comes the sparkling wine...it was divine!!! My husband was speechless! On another occasion, when I mentioned to Edwin that I was going to the Lantaw Floating Restaurant for dinner without reservations, he called the restaurant to make sure that we will be seated that eveningt (I learned later on that this restaurant accepts two weeks advanced reservations due to its popularity). Also, I had no problem with my gluten-free diet. The kitchen staff prepared gluten-free breads, muffins, etc. every breakfast time which was a nice treat. Nice option that you can dine in the restaurant, at the cabana or at the comfort of your own suite/patio...all are lovely choices but eating at the cabna was the most relaxing experience. The staff were prompt in delivering the meals and were accurate in taking our orders (Thank you, Christian!). Love, love the ocean view from the suite and I enjoyed watching every day the peaceful sunrise and sunset which I haven't done for the longest time. Overall, it was a relaxing escape (physically, mentally and spiritually) where I was tucked away in a charming, cozy suite. Thanks a million to the Abaca Resort Management Team (Sir Glenn) and Staff (Edwin, Raffy & Angelo)! I found solace away from home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abaca, one of the most exclusive boutique resorts is located in the beautiful central Philippines on Mactan Island. Abaca is a tropical hideaway that offers the tranquility of very private deluxe suites set in a lush tropical oceanfront retreat. In addition to the spacious suites and villas, guests enjoy full luxury spa and restaurant experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Abaca Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaca Boutique Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Abaca Boutique Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island