“Amazing”

Abaca Boutique Resort
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed for 2 days in a Poolside Oceanview Suite.

General: Very nice resort with only 9 units: 6 suites and 3 villas. Cosy and intimate setting. 23m infinity pool surrounded by 6 cabanas and lots of lounge chairs. Gym and spa facilities available. Attached to a nice restaurant. Whole resort very peaceful. Pity they don’t have a decent beach.

Transfers: Was greeted by Ray, one of the many butlers in the resort. Friendly and affable chap. Provided with cold bottled water and refreshing towels. Hotel is a quick 15min ride from the airport. Return transfer was also arranged with no hassle and no charge.

Room: Check in done in the room itself. Very nice room. King sized bed with nice sheets. Decent sized wardrobe with in room safe. Big lounger in the room and smaller one in the balcony. Nice view of the ocean. Large TV with good selection of cable channels. DVD player available with selection of DVDs available for viewing. iPhone/ ipod dock. Wifi available free in the room but signal weak. Can ask for booster from butler. Room cleaned at least twice a day. Was allowed to check in early.

Restaurant: Serves all meals. Breakfast: Ala carte menu. Decent selection. Had the pizza, french toast, skillet omelette and poached eggs. All well done. Lunch: Set menu available. Dinner: Also good. All meals can be served in the room or the cabanas at no extra cost.

Spa: Small spa. Not well sound insulated hence could hear the noise from the pool. Therapists are decent.

Butler service: This is the best. Even better than the ones at the St Regis. Attention to details unparalleled. Knew our names after asking once. Every need catered for promptly and with a smile. Arranged a city tour for me inclusive of itinerary at a very decent price using hotel vehicle. Managed to catch the inmates at CPDRC. Provided cookies and free water and soft drinks for refreshments. Cool towels available whenever required. I arranged to be dropped off at a restaurant for dinner. Hotel allowed the driver to wait for me to complete dinner with no extra charge. When chillaxing at the cabana, refreshments including cookies, brownies, ice cream and water provided at no extra charge. Very apologetic when I could not check out late as there was another guest checking in. Then immediately told me I could have the room for 1 extra hour when the flight was delayed. Allowed us to use the shower facilities and cabana while awaiting our flight.

Overall: Excellent all around. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dr_LTLL

Reviewed 16 October 2012

abaca resort and restaurant is a perfect hideaway for couples like us. when i made our reservation, they gave us a local resident rate, which is cheaper than the published ones. on our arrival last october 13, 2012, it was the greatest surprise for my birthday, they prepared our room fit of a royalty. the room was filled w/ lighted scented candles w/ a birthday cake & sparkling wine. the food was great, the staff were all courteous and on alert for your needs. anywhere you can request in the property to have your meals set . the bathroom was cool. the room was big, linens were extraordinary. every time you leave your room it's again kept up, the butler is always on your side to attend to your needs. manager glenn is always attentive to your needs & queries.the shuttle is always available for your trips w/in mactan area for free. in so short time that we were there, the staff automatically made rapport w/ us and made you so welcome and important. this resort is unequaled! definitely i will be back!

Room Tip: we had the oceanfront suite, the least expensive but ok. panganod 3 was our room. the view is great...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank glengonz
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Since my visit to Abaca, I have been describing this luxury resort to my friends and family as a "perfect hideaway" and Cebu's "hidden gem". Why? During our stay at Abaca for 3 nights/4 days as a treat for my husband's 50th birthday, we were fortunate to have met the nicest and most efficient/hospitable people who treat you like family. Each service was done with utmost care by the well-trained, courteous staff...and they exceeded all our expectations. They pay attention to detail and anticipate all your needs. Personally, the resort felt "homey" to me because of how the staff were very welcoming and genuine...they know how to pamper you at the same time give you privacy. They make that "extra mile" to create an unforgettable experience for you at Abaca...in our case, upon returning to our suite after celebrating my husband's birthday dinner, the staff (singing happy birthday) surprised my husband with a mango cake and decorated the room with lots of candle votives (such a romantic ambience)...then comes the sparkling wine...it was divine!!! My husband was speechless! On another occasion, when I mentioned to Edwin that I was going to the Lantaw Floating Restaurant for dinner without reservations, he called the restaurant to make sure that we will be seated that eveningt (I learned later on that this restaurant accepts two weeks advanced reservations due to its popularity). Also, I had no problem with my gluten-free diet. The kitchen staff prepared gluten-free breads, muffins, etc. every breakfast time which was a nice treat. Nice option that you can dine in the restaurant, at the cabana or at the comfort of your own suite/patio...all are lovely choices but eating at the cabna was the most relaxing experience. The staff were prompt in delivering the meals and were accurate in taking our orders (Thank you, Christian!). Love, love the ocean view from the suite and I enjoyed watching every day the peaceful sunrise and sunset which I haven't done for the longest time. Overall, it was a relaxing escape (physically, mentally and spiritually) where I was tucked away in a charming, cozy suite. Thanks a million to the Abaca Resort Management Team (Sir Glenn) and Staff (Edwin, Raffy & Angelo)! I found solace away from home!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank rileyboo28
Reviewed 25 August 2012

What can I say! I don't think it's necessary to go over the rooms and facilities, since it's obvious that Abaca is top class.

What I would like to say is, the staff were professional, courteous and so helpful during our stay, we would definitely come back just for that!

For example, we wanted to go next door to B hotel for dinner, a butler walked us over, and then when we were finished came for us to drive us back.

When we wanted to go on a island tour, but something that was not on the menu, one of the butlers took us to his home island, to a secluded beach where we had a lot of fun!

Our last night, we were having dinner at the restaurant, but our children fell asleep so we wanted to have the food to go, the staff had the whole table moved to our villa!

Our children were looked after so well, they actually said they missed the butlers.

It is a small resort, so if you're looking for a huge, busy place this is not it. But if you want to be well cared for and have a genuinely relaxed time, I couldn't find a better place in Cebu.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank BarryChoi
Reviewed 21 August 2012

From two people who love to travel and have had the good fortune to do it frequently--
This place is top notch.
The service is flawless. The staff is friendly, warm and eager to please.
The food is delicious, and you'll never go hungry.
Grounds are lovely, rooms spacious and comfortable.
You won't be a disappointed.
Our only hesitation in recommending....is that too many people may visit our little jewel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JoannaMichelle
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed at the beautiful Abaca the first week of May 2012. Loved our time in our room, poolside and dining! The poolside servers were all over the top too many to name! ........Christian took special care to get our souvenier shirts. Ralphie (spelling) was our butler and answered every request...........and then some! We had spent 3 weeks in the Philippines in November and had a wish list when we arrived. Ralphie took us to the nearby market, to the Whale Sharks, and more shopping - all for specific souveniers - and also organized a tricycle adventure for us! We cannot thank him enough! When we return to the Philippines we will stay at the Abaca!
They gave us a special anniversary dinner - really a special week! Really loved it!
Thanks to everyone!
Vern and T-
USA

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank IPO1959
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Abaca is a splendid holiday location - it captures the ambience of the local culture, has flawless service, all within a small (and private), luxurious boutique hotel. My wife and I took a holiday here, to get away from it all and Abaca truly allowed us to relax. The service was flawless - they predicted every need we had without being asked yet neither of us noticed their presence. The lush, tropical layout of the resort property was breathtaking and the room design was beautiful. If you are looking to find serenity - visit Abaca.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 92 in Cebu City
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
#9 of 43 in Mactan Island

Been to Abaca Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!