Stayed for 2 days in a Poolside Oceanview Suite.
General: Very nice resort with only 9 units: 6 suites and 3 villas. Cosy and intimate setting. 23m infinity pool surrounded by 6 cabanas and lots of lounge chairs. Gym and spa facilities available. Attached to a nice restaurant. Whole resort very peaceful. Pity they don’t have a decent beach.
Transfers: Was greeted by Ray, one of the many butlers in the resort. Friendly and affable chap. Provided with cold bottled water and refreshing towels. Hotel is a quick 15min ride from the airport. Return transfer was also arranged with no hassle and no charge.
Room: Check in done in the room itself. Very nice room. King sized bed with nice sheets. Decent sized wardrobe with in room safe. Big lounger in the room and smaller one in the balcony. Nice view of the ocean. Large TV with good selection of cable channels. DVD player available with selection of DVDs available for viewing. iPhone/ ipod dock. Wifi available free in the room but signal weak. Can ask for booster from butler. Room cleaned at least twice a day. Was allowed to check in early.
Restaurant: Serves all meals. Breakfast: Ala carte menu. Decent selection. Had the pizza, french toast, skillet omelette and poached eggs. All well done. Lunch: Set menu available. Dinner: Also good. All meals can be served in the room or the cabanas at no extra cost.
Spa: Small spa. Not well sound insulated hence could hear the noise from the pool. Therapists are decent.
Butler service: This is the best. Even better than the ones at the St Regis. Attention to details unparalleled. Knew our names after asking once. Every need catered for promptly and with a smile. Arranged a city tour for me inclusive of itinerary at a very decent price using hotel vehicle. Managed to catch the inmates at CPDRC. Provided cookies and free water and soft drinks for refreshments. Cool towels available whenever required. I arranged to be dropped off at a restaurant for dinner. Hotel allowed the driver to wait for me to complete dinner with no extra charge. When chillaxing at the cabana, refreshments including cookies, brownies, ice cream and water provided at no extra charge. Very apologetic when I could not check out late as there was another guest checking in. Then immediately told me I could have the room for 1 extra hour when the flight was delayed. Allowed us to use the shower facilities and cabana while awaiting our flight.
Overall: Excellent all around. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abaca, one of the most exclusive boutique resorts is located in the beautiful central Philippines on Mactan Island. Abaca is a tropical hideaway that offers the tranquility of very private deluxe suites set in a lush tropical oceanfront retreat. In addition to the spacious suites and villas, guests enjoy full luxury spa and restaurant experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Abaca Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaca Boutique Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Abaca Boutique Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island