I have only positive memories of my stay at Abaca. It was the first holiday we have taken that was purely for the resort and not for sightseeing (not that we didn't leave the compound!)
We did have to wait to be picked up from the airport which wasn't the best of first impressions, but from there on there were no complaints. We moved rooms on the second day due to availability, and though this was to a cheaper room, we actually preferred the layout and bathroom.
There was nothing the staff couldn't do for us. The food was excellent. The cabana was excellent. The pool was excellent. When sitting by the pool, we were brought complimentary juices, water and gelato. Yum.
There was no beach however, and after we went for a little jaunt in the canoe provided, I wouldn't want to get in the seawater. There was not much to see within walking distance, so this truly is a resort for the people who want to relax, be pampered and not leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abaca, one of the most exclusive boutique resorts is located in the beautiful central Philippines on Mactan Island. Abaca is a tropical hideaway that offers the tranquility of very private deluxe suites set in a lush tropical oceanfront retreat. In addition to the spacious suites and villas, guests enjoy full luxury spa and restaurant experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Abaca Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaca Boutique Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Abaca Boutique Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island