My husband and I have just recently returned from a three night stay at the Abaca Boutique Resort. We usually stay at the Shangrila when in Cebu but this time, opted for a smaller, more private property and this was a perfect choice! It's like being in your own private resort with the best trained staff looking after your every whim! We arrived early in the morning and were ushered into the cabana by the pool while waiting for our room to be ready. Staff offered us cool refreshing lemonade and even oatmeal for a light breakfast and then let us check in well before the usual time. The included Breakfast everyday was your choice from some very options served anytime and anywhere you desired and the food in Abaca is definitely top notch and not too expensive. Our room was very spacious and well appointed with his and hers wash basins, separate shower and bath and large, fluffy towels. The bed was so comfortable one was tempted to sleep in all day. Loved the infinity pool and the complimentary evening cocktails! That being said, Abaca may not be for everyone especially those looking for more activity but if you just want a relaxing weekend, this is perfect! We did a city tour if Cebu which I didn't really enjoy because the traffic was horrendous; also an island hopping excursion for snorkeling and some beach time; the islands were lovely but the beaches were painful to walk on because of stones and sharp shells. The best draw here is definitely the people who make your stay so pleasurable and anticipate your every need that you wish you didn't have to leave! Thanks to all of them -- chef Pat, GM Glen, Head Butler Raffy, Paul, Angelo, Jane and everyone for a memorable weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abaca, one of the most exclusive boutique resorts is located in the beautiful central Philippines on Mactan Island. Abaca is a tropical hideaway that offers the tranquility of very private deluxe suites set in a lush tropical oceanfront retreat. In addition to the spacious suites and villas, guests enjoy full luxury spa and restaurant experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Abaca Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaca Boutique Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Abaca Boutique Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island