Abaca redefines boutique properties in the Philippines. Nine rooms, all done in Filipino modern reflecting the Cebu spirit as leaders in asian furniture, coupled with Cebuano hospitality makes this smallish property a gem. For regular Aman goers or Four Season habitues, the unobtrusive yet attentive service is the hallmark of this property..
Arrival was swift (Cebu airport isnt that big), and the airport rep leads you to your car and hands you cold towels and water. The ride is a short 20 minutes, and upon arrival you are escorted to your room.
All rooms have the simple lines of many typical Asian styled properties. Ample space to move around, and a very large bathroom (the step up to the wash basins and toilet could have been avoided) all make the stay far comfortable. Plush towels, and home spun organic amenities complete the bathroom.
Large flatscreen TV, a dvd player with an option of borrow dvds from their library is great. Wifi in the rooms put you in touch. Mobile signal, I guess in my room and well as wifi was a bit scraggy..problem solved as I got closer to the door.
Food and wine lists are expansive and reasonable. Breakfast is a selection of eggs, sausages and frenchtoast (i abbreviated the menu, its is abit more detailed), all served with basket of breads and artisinal Filipino fruit jams.
All meals can be served to you suite, pool side or at the restaurant. Dinner selection is excellent. The Steak tartar was one of the best I have had in a long time, and the cheese plate presentation well thought out.
I strongly recommend this property, and I am coming bacK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abaca, one of the most exclusive boutique resorts is located in the beautiful central Philippines on Mactan Island. Abaca is a tropical hideaway that offers the tranquility of very private deluxe suites set in a lush tropical oceanfront retreat. In addition to the spacious suites and villas, guests enjoy full luxury spa and restaurant experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Abaca Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaca Boutique Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Abaca Boutique Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island